Well You Can Officially Add Bham 2 The BC Fray

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAHILL said:
well I retract that statement... the Pioneer Bowl was a flop in ATL... basically nobody wanted to see no SIAC/CIAA teams and the college students were away for Christmas break.... but when two teams with names come to ATL itwill sell out... ex TSU-FAMU game... and the Honda BOTB could not get the number of attendees nowhere else in America. With the timing of the event it would be a guaranteed sell out. With the Ga dome being in the middle of 5 points and the AUC directly across the street from it, the atmosphere would be wild.

But remember, the AUC would be a ghost town because of Thanksgiving weekend.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
C-LeB28 said:
kids in the AUC dont go home for Thanksgiving, there isnt a state school in the AUC... trust I went to CAU.... mostly all of the students are from cities far away (mostly New York and Cali)... they cant afford to fly home for Thanksgiving then fly home 2 weeks later for Christmas also... so they stay... dorms dont even close.

Matter of fact the AUC takes about 10 busses of students to the Bayou Classic every year during Thanksgiving break.

C-LeB28 said:

Dude, metro Atlanta have over 1 million blacks that live here. The AUC don't make, break or dictate events in the mecca. :lol: The BC in Atlanta would be like a SUperBowl and would be nothing but a STAR POWER event. LOL...........Y'all just don't know. :lol:

the band fan said:
Heritage Bowl :confused:

where art thou?
Labor Day Classic, University of Houston home games, PV home games, Texas SO home games where art thou? Houston aint proved itself to support HBCU sports.

the band fan said:

where art thou?

You compare the HB to the Bayou Classic? Hell we may as well compare the Labor Day Classic to the Bayou Classic then. :lol: Some of you all don't think very well at times. :lol:

jag4life said:
JROCK... I know you want the BC in your backyard...LOL... but it ain't happening.

Yea I want it here.........But I'm going to Houston if it's there. So it really don't make or break my decision....................Because I got means! :lol: (aint no shame in my game) :lol: ( I was about 10 minutes away from going to Seatle this week.......had to calm my azz down). :lol:

JROCK said:
Dude, metro Atlanta have over 1 million blacks that live here. The AUC don't make, break or dictate events in the mecca. :lol: The BC in Atlanta would be like a SUperBowl and would be nothing but a STAR POWER event. LOL...........Y'all just don't know. :lol:

I wanted to use that as an example to DAHILL that stated that students from the AUC would help make the atmosphere wild.

C-LeB28 said:
I wanted to use that as an example to DAHILL that stated that students from the AUC would help make the atmosphere wild.

I see......Anywho we have so many people here that are intrigued with the BC and have never been. The Atlanta Classic (between FAMU & TNST) is now hovering very close to the 70K mark. The BC will do well in either venue.

:slap: :slap: :slap: to all of you who, including Bowels (thanks GR) SUGGEST the Bayou Classic be played in Birming:vomit:ham!

NO!NO!NO!NO! :mad: :mad: :mad:

the band fan said:

where art thou?

Remember the old Black College Allstar Football games that were in Atlanta. I think they have tried about 2 or 3 of them there.

Fiyah said:
Remember the old Black College Allstar Football games that were in Atlanta. I think they have tried about 2 or 3 of them there.

LOL. Yeah I remember when I was in the Jukebox and we represented the SWAC and FAMU's band represented the MEAC in a SWAC vs MEAC ALL -Star game played on MLK birthday weekend in old Fulton County Stadium. That was Jan 86. Willie Totten was the QB for the SWAC team. I think that game drew maybe 30k at best.

HERE'S A GREAT IDEA!!!!

Since some of you People are sooo dead set against having the BC anywhere but Birmingham.....................why don't you play the first-half of the game on Friday at SU and the second half of the game on Saturday at Gram????

Sounds rediculous huh? No more rediculous than some of your reasons for not wanting to go to Birmingham or some other place. I think that y'all don't realize that outside of the State of Louisiana and possibly some selected sites within the conference...........The BC does not mean to others what it means to Gram and SU supporters. SU would possibly bring a following of 20-25,000 and Gram would bring approx 10-15,000 TRANSLATED: I doubt very seriously if the BC (if held OUTSIDE of Louisiana) will draw more than 50,000 people.

Please.........before you rush to judgement here.......I promise you there is no Smack intended. I am just being realistic especially with all that has happened in Louisiana recently. A good portion of your base is gone (scattered around the U.S.) and those that escaped disaster or harm, are now concentrating on helping their love ones, relatives and friends. I don't think that people will be flying into N.O., Atl, B'ham, Hous or anywhere in droves to see the BC this year.

Before y'all start saying what you don't want and where you don't want to have the BC this year, I suggest that someone with a true eye for business and the acumen to make it happen RIGHT in the face of such tenuous possibilities really take a long look at this situation? Remember some SU followers stated last year before the SWAC Championship game that that they didn't want or need the support (paying sports fans) in B'ham because they were bringing at least 50,000 people from La. Didn't happen???? and attendance was not what it could have been.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
STRAWDOG said:
Sounds rediculous huh? No more rediculous than some of your reasons for not wanting to go to Birmingham or some other place. I think that y'all don't realize that outside of the State of Louisiana and possibly some selected sites within the conference...........The BC does not mean to others what it means to Gram and SU supporters. SU would possibly bring a following of 20-25,000 and Gram would bring approx 10-15,000 TRANSLATED: I doubt very seriously if the BC (if held OUTSIDE of Louisiana) will draw more than 50,000 people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Watch the Houston attendance if it is there.

STRAWDOG said:
HERE'S A GREAT IDEA!!!!

Since some of you People are sooo dead set against having the BC anywhere but Birmingham.....................why don't you play the first-half of the game on Friday at SU and the second half of the game on Saturday at Gram????

Please.........before you rush to judgement here.......I promise you there is no Smack intended. I am just being realistic especially with all that has happened in Louisiana recently. A good portion of your base is gone (scattered around the U.S.) and those that escaped disaster or harm, are now concentrating on helping their love ones, relatives and friends. I don't think that people will be flying into N.O., Atl, B'ham, Hous or anywhere in droves to see the BC this year.

Before y'all start saying what you don't want and where you don't want to have the BC this year, I suggest that someone with a true eye for business and the acumen to make it happen RIGHT in the face of such tenuous possibilities really take a long look at this situation? Remember some SU followers stated last year before the SWAC Championship game that that they didn't want or need the support (paying sports fans) in B'ham because they were bringing at least 50,000 people from La. Didn't happen???? and attendance was not what it could have been.

Uh Straw, this is where you are flawed. People are already in Houston. Tons of Jags and alot Grambling folk. Plus La is next door. Nobody don't have to fly to sell the game out. Another thing is this. The Jag Nation consists more than just New Orleans folks. Reliant may not sell out every seat. But it will be more than 50 K in the stands. People will want to come to Houston. Same probably for the ATL as well. B-ham aint as attractive as those 2 cities. That is no smack...........that's fact. The only reason the SWAC is in B-ham is because of the sweet deal we got and free use of stuff. That's fine. The BC is a different animal. You can think SU and Gram can't draw all you want too. We can take the BC to Los Angeles and put 50 k in the stands. You better ask somebody.

JR said:
Uh Straw, this is where you are flawed. People are already in Houston. Tons of Jags and alot Grambling folk. Plus La is next door. Nobody don't have to fly to sell the game out. Another thing is this. The Jag Nation consists more than just New Orleans folks. Reliant may not sell out every seat. But it will be more than 50 K in the stands. People will want to come to Houston. Same probably for the ATL as well. B-ham aint as attractive as those 2 cities. That is no smack...........that's fact. The only reason the SWAC is in B-ham is because of the sweet deal we got and free use of stuff. That's fine. The BC is a different animal. You can think SU and Gram can't draw all you want too. We can take the BC to Los Angeles and put 50 k in the stands. You better ask somebody.

Then take the BC across town to LSU. Since they play on Friday 11/25, the BC could be played on it's regular schedule of Nov 26 and sell out tiger stadium???? Take it to LA or Detriot..........I just don't think that this game is as hot-of-a-ticket outside of Louisiana as some of you might want to think that it is.

STRAWDOG said:
Then take the BC across town to LSU. Since they play on Friday 11/25, the BC could be played on it's regular schedule of Nov 26 and sell out tiger stadium???? Take it to LA or Detriot..........I just don't think that this game is as hot-of-a-ticket outside of Louisiana as some of you might want to think that it is.

The Bayou Classic is bigger than you think.

SU would possibly bring a following of 20-25,000 and Gram would bring approx 10-15,000 TRANSLATED: :what: :what: :what: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

STRAWDOG said:
:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

STRAWDOG said:
.I just don't think that this game is as hot-of-a-ticket outside of Louisiana as some of you might want to think that it is.

Well why is B Ham asking for it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back