TxSu Hires Johnny Jones as Basketball Coach

I saw Johnny Jones and Byron Smith out recruiting this weekend at the GMI invitational here in Houston. A very good collection of talent.

I had a good talk with Byron Smith. He said he has everybody returning. Its going to be an exciting season. I like his intensity.

I saw Johnny Jones and Byron Smith out recruiting this weekend at the GMI invitational here in Houston. A very good collection of talent.

I had a good talk with Byron Smith. He said he has everybody returning. Its going to be an exciting season. I like his intensity.
I was in there Friday and ALL DAY Saturday. Of course I spent a lot of time talking to the SU coaches there. Only spoke to Byron and Johnny in passing.

Was MIke Davis there at his first AAU event? Jones has made more of an effort in one month. there is talent out there to be had.
I'm sure Mike was at one of the half dozen or so major events across the country. SU had guys in Houston, ATL and SC.

I'm sure Mike was at one of the half dozen or so major events across the country. SU had guys in Houston, ATL and SC.

Man, you know Mike wasnt recruiting any high schools when at TSU. I'm sure he went to some but it was few and far between.

Catch them Jags next March 2019. Three best ncaa tournament games were the Alcorn St win vs S. Alabama, SU win over Ga. Tech and TSu loses to Arkansas

Man, you know Mike wasnt recruiting any high schools when at TSU. I'm sure he went to some but it was few and far between.
Nah Mike was in those gyms bro. LOL He may have preferred jucos but he definitely attended Live Period events to check out high schoolers. He offered an entire starting 5 of a team one year. LOL

Back