TxSu Hires Johnny Jones as Basketball Coach

Jones needs to quit. Just leave. Hell, yall thinking yall did something by winning the tourney? LMAO!!!!!! Yall SHOULD have been #1, even with some injuries. Hell, yall in the hotbed of talent and yall backups should be starters in waiting. Jones is holding yall back. He's yall ball and chain. That man can't coach a turtle to swim, a dog to hunt, or a rabbit to uck. He's taking yall check and laughing at yall under his breath.

Jones needs to quit. Just leave. Hell, yall thinking yall did something by winning the tourney? LMAO!!!!!! Yall SHOULD have been #1, even with some injuries. Hell, yall in the hotbed of talent and yall backups should be starters in waiting. Jones is holding yall back. He's yall ball and chain. That man can't coach a turtle to swim, a dog to hunt, or a rabbit to uck. He's taking yall check and laughing at yall under his breath.
BnB,

That's how you lose credibility because it seems like you're just trolling. You made some valid points, but you should be able to give a man credit where it is due. This past regular season and first four appearance hasn't been his finest hour by far, but he has put up a better showing in the recent past that can't easily be dismissed. He's earned the time to turn things around, and I'm hoping he will. If you all endured light bulb long as you all did then my TSU can certainly give an accomplished coach time to steer the ship back on course.

BnB,

That's how you lose credibility because it seems like you're just trolling. You made some valid points, but you should be able to give a man credit where it is due. This past regular season and first four appearance hasn't been his finest hour by far, but he has put up a better showing in the recent past that can't easily be dismissed. He's earned the time to turn things around, and I'm hoping he will. If you all endured light bulb long as you all did then my TSU can certainly give an accomplished coach time to steer the ship back on course.
Somebody preaching!

I don't feel like he should be fired. He is doing a good job to me. I feel we need to up our basketball budget so the guys travel more efficiently and have all the resources they need to be successful.

We had a sorta off year this past year but I know we will be back to our winning ways moving forward.

I don't feel like he should be fired. He is doing a good job to me. I feel we need to up our basketball budget so the guys travel more efficiently and have all the resources they need to be successful.

We had a sorta off year this past year but I know we will be back to our winning ways moving forward.
I disagree here you guys have the best budget in the SWAC. Also I believe Coach Jones gets a percentage of what you earn back in salary. I do think this year he got a little lazy in recruiting. Maybe the added competition from other schools will make him recruit harder. Alcorn and JSU return most of there team back. As of today, I have them as my top 2 men’s teams. Still plenty of time left to build a team.

I disagree here you guys have the best budget in the SWAC. Also I believe Coach Jones gets a percentage of what you earn back in salary. I do think this year he got a little lazy in recruiting. Maybe the added competition from other schools will make him recruit harder. Alcorn and JSU return most of there team back. As of today, I have them as my top 2 men’s teams. Still plenty of time left to build a team.
In the age of the transfer portal… we have no idea who is coming back. Good players are leaving for more stipend and NIL money. They will start announcing soon. I expect turnover from every mens team in the conference. Aint no loyalty anymore.

In the age of the transfer portal… we have no idea who is coming back. Good players are leaving for more stipend and NIL money. They will start announcing soon. I expect turnover from every mens team in the conference. Aint no loyalty anymore.
Ain't that the truth. But can you blame the athletes when the coaches do the same thing? Chances are, that if a coach at one of these small schools have a good run in the tournament, a bigger school will probably snatch them up. Money talks.

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth.

Yes and no - location matters also and how are they being treated

Tsu success was due to only losing one major player to a transfer and that was to play with his brother - others they lost graduated and went to a swac school with no NIL's - they hung on to their big post players in this age so you got to have coaches who know how to keep them happy but in an instant it can change

The issue is recruiting freshmen now - they have a good season and poof they are gone -

You may have to go back to the old way of swac recruiting - which is take a chance on a kid who has no options now but may do well as a rehab

Tsu success was due to only losing one major player to a transfer and that was to play with his brother - others they lost graduated and went to a swac school with no NIL's - they hung on to their big post players in this age so you got to have coaches who know how to keep them happy but in an instant it can change

The issue is recruiting freshmen now - they have a good season and poof they are gone.

You may have to go back to the old way of swac recruiting - which is take a chance on a kid who has no options now but may do well as a rehab
That right there.

The issue is recruiting freshmen now - they have a good season and poof they are gone -

That’s why coaches are staying away from them…. Its easier to keep kids who come out of the portal than it is to keep high school players.

BnB,

Naw bruh, I'm serious. That guy will kill yall program. Seriously

”Stipends“ are where we need to step up. Currently, it plays a major role in acquiring and maintaining talented athletes.

Case in point

Just a couple days ago, he looked to be the main returning player with Brown in the portal but now he is gone

It's a good thing that Ivory is connected in the JUCO circles so he can replace them but still

View: https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1638584860225728512?t=xdCc11n1p5Y7dU2WACscBA&s=19

Every team. And I don't see it settling out in any conference but that's a good thing to me because it brings healthy competition...or rather....it should...

That mentality some people around tsu have about just throw money at it wears me out. They see teams with less than tsu doing more and they still say "Throw More Money at it". It's hard for me to post comments that won't get deleted when I see that BS.

Back