The 81st Magic City Classic A&M vs ASU

Alabama State has signed new four-year agreements with both entities that would provide each school with an annual payout of $1.2 million, the highest in the history of the event. The payout is a 65 percent boost from the nearly $800,000 record each university received last year.
Alabama A&M, however, with little more than six months until the 2023 Classic, has not yet signed the agreements. Moreover, this week—according to correspondences from the university to the city and ASC and obtained by AL.com—the university requested revisions in both agreements that one event official says may have “dire consequences” for this year’s Classic

Alabama A&M’s new agreement demands may have ‘dire consequences’ for 2023 Magic City Classic

Alabama State has signed new four-year agreements with both entities that would provide each school with an annual payout of $1.2 million, the highest in the history of the event. The payout is a 65 percent boost from the nearly $800,000 record each university received last year.
Alabama A&M, however, with little more than six months until the 2023 Classic, has not yet signed the agreements. Moreover, this week—according to correspondences from the university to the city and ASC and obtained by AL.com—the university requested revisions in both agreements that one event official says may have “dire consequences” for this year’s Classic

Alabama A&M’s new agreement demands may have ‘dire consequences’ for 2023 Magic City Classic
Oh wow, the attorney is a childhood and a family friend from when I was in the Ville. I had not kept up in recent years so I had know idea she was in that role for AAMU.

As for the matter at hand, I'm not the brightest with interpreting legal stuff. At a glance I just assume it's just a matter of keeping the options open. In these times, I'm good with that. Nevertheless, seems like Dr. Wims feels like it will be resolved once they all get back at the table to talk about it.

Oh wow, the attorney is a childhood and a family friend from when I was in the Ville. I had not kept up in recent years so I had know idea she was in that role for AAMU.

As for the matter at hand, I'm not the brightest with interpreting legal stuff. At a glance I just assume it's just a matter of keeping the options open. In these times, I'm good with that. Nevertheless, seems like Dr. Wims feels like it will be resolved once they all get back at the table to talk about it.

Bulldog 23,
I am glad that Dr. Williams has the foresight to realize that the current situation is terrible. We can not longer agree with the Good Ole Boy System This is business!

Alabama A&M agreed to a new deal for the Magic City Classic. The deal allows Legion Field to host the Magic City Classic through 2026.
Alabama A&M will received $500,000 from the City of Birmingham. It they sign the deal with the ASC (Alabama Sports Council) then they will receive an additional $750,000 which brings it to a grand total of $1.2 Million dollars.

View: https://youtu.be/Px6qRWgDccg

@PBSwag77 @CEE DOG @2kool @Mr. SWAC @BulldogM.Ed.23 @DAHILL @Dog81 @dieharddawg @Normal1875 @PQUE @AAMU_DB1997 @STRAWDOG

Last edited:
Alabama A&M agreed to a new deal for the Magic City Classic. The deal allows Legion Field to host the Magic City Classic through 2026.
Each program will received $500,000 his season.

View: https://youtu.be/xu0bDVH7t3M

@PBSwag77 @CEE DOG @2kool @Mr. SWAC @BulldogM.Ed.23 @DAHILL @Dog81 @dieharddawg @Normal1875 @PQUE @AAMU_DB1997 @STRAWDOG
If they both got 800k last year...why would they get 500k next season?

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

If they both got 800k last year...why would they get 500k next season?

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC
$800,000 was the total amount paid to the teams from the City of Birmingham and the ASC (Alabama Sports Council).

As of now, the only guaranteed money is the $500,000 from the City of Birmingham because that agreement was signed today. Alabama A&M has not signed the deal with the ASC yet. If they do then they will receive an additional $700,000 dollars. That would bring the grand total to $1.2 Million Dollars in payouts.

1.2 is a nice piece of change. Yall have to figure out a way to get this game on tv though. Doesn't have to be prime time tv on ABC but hell, even ESPN+ live would be a win.

1.2 is a nice piece of change. Yall have to figure out a way to get this game on tv though. Doesn't have to be prime time tv on ABC but hell, even ESPN+ live would be a win.
The Magic City Classic was live on ESPN Plus last year and in 2021 because I was out of town watching it with family.

Prior to that, the game has aired LIVE at 2:30 PM on ESPN3 and then replayed on ESPNU since 2012. Which covering all of those games, I've sat in the pressbox and had the game live on my ipad.

Only exception is spring 2021 (pandemic year) when it aired LIVE at 6 PM on ESPNU.

But I would also like to eventually see the game get another tv slot. Maybe the SWAC could slide it to HBCUGo.

I am not with you with on HBCUGo, their app stopped working for me on the Amazon firestick and there is no contact point for the app. When it worked I liked it a lot, but now I have uninstalled it because it stopped working properly. If they put in a support contact, I will give them another try. It stopped about halfway through the basketball season.

I am not with you with on HBCUGo, their app stopped working for me on the Amazon firestick and there is no contact point for the app. When it worked I liked it a lot, but now I have uninstalled it because it stopped working properly. If they put in a support contact, I will give them another try. It stopped about halfway through the basketball season.

I watched games on HBCUGo all year and didn’t have any problems. I was able to access it 3 ways, the HBCUGo app, the Grio app, and locally on the CW channel.

I watched games on HBCUGo all year and didn’t have any problems. I was able to access it 3 ways, the HBCUGo app, the Grio app, and locally on the CW channel.

I wish I could have had that experience through the football and hoops season, whatever update they made during basketball season, cause it not to function for me anymore. When there is no support for technical issues, I cant support the app or the company. I could watch on the web without issues.

I wish I could have had that experience through the football and hoops season, whatever update they made during basketball season, cause it not to function for me anymore. When there is no support for technical issues, I cant support the app or the company. I could watch on the web without issues.

Just FYI, if you subscribe to Amazon Prime and having technical issues go to “Your Account,” Customer Service “Contact Us,” Other Amazon Devices “Fire TV Devices,” Device Not Working,” “I need More Help,” “Request Call Now,” input your phone number and they will call you right back.

Just FYI, if you subscribe to Amazon Prime and having technical issues go to “Your Account,” Customer Service “Contact Us,” Other Amazon Devices “Fire TV Devices,” Device Not Working,” “I need More Help,” “Request Call Now,” input your phone number and they will call you right back.
Thanks!

The app loads and the game is playing in the background with proper sound and video, everything is normal, as soon as I go live to the game, the sound goes out and the picture intermittently freezes, its does not sound like an Amazon firestick issue. No tech support is not good for their app.

I never had a problem with HBCUgo either…. And I watched all the games on there….now I used the website because I was usually watching another game on my tv…. But i could have easily screenshared it from my iPad to my tv and not have to use the app.

This week, Alabama A&M failed to meet a Tuesday deadline for signing an agreement with the Alabama Sports Council (ASC), the nonprofit entity that oversees production of the Magic City Classic that would have allowed A&M and Alabama State to each receive $1.2 million annually for participating the Magic City Classic through 2026.

Subsequently, Alabama State signed an exclusive new agreement with ASC that will provide the institution with $1.5 million for the 2023 and 2025 Classics.

This week, Alabama A&M failed to meet a Tuesday deadline for signing an agreement with the Alabama Sports Council (ASC), the nonprofit entity that oversees production of the Magic City Classic that would have allowed A&M and Alabama State to each receive $1.2 million annually for participating the Magic City Classic through 2026.

Subsequently, Alabama State signed an exclusive new agreement with ASC that will provide the institution with $1.5 million for the 2023 and 2025 Classics.

I think it needs to be known the lack of signing was not an oversight, it was intentional.

Back