The 81st Magic City Classic A&M vs ASU

Open the books.
Ice Cube Yes GIF
They don't want to do that...lol long gone are the days of Grabbing and Going...Picking and Poaching...it's a new génération of normalites asking questions and standing on "bidness"....lol one thing we never liked was a middleman of any sort!

TP,

Why are you so concerned about AAMU? Your school and the city of Jackson have their own issues. So we have as many fans as Jackson has crime and potholes? But that is another issue. AAMU has a permanent residence in your brain.

Because I am trying to figure out yall endgame. I can see if you REALLY think you can actually maximize off the ONE game yall have that makes money. BUT I also can see that you lack leverage. If they kick yall out, what you gonna do? You are getting $1.2M. You probably dont make that all year at home.

Also, I know people complain about promoters BUT promoters dont just send out one email and then just take all your money. They have HELLA expenses. They have promotions, staff, insurances, etc... They have to rent facilities, book concerts, get permits, etc.. ALL of those things come with guarantees. AAMU has NO experience hosting a big event.

I just hope that you all know what you doing. It appears that you all in Bham for at least 6 yrs but if yall dont find a promoter for next year and I was ASC, I wouldnt give yall schitt!

Bama St took the black man deal. Alabama A&M is getting the give us our money deal. We about to get paid!

Yall keep saying that but at this point, it's only lip service. I would hope that AAMU only did this because they already have a deal in their back pocket.

I would be saying this if it involved JSU as well.

I recall when a President we had put up a list of 5 goals. Everyone else was like WOW. But I was sitting there like ummmmmm.. BUT WHERE IS THE PLAN. Anybody can put together a list of goals. Turns out he had no plan. He just put that list up there like a Baptist preacher to make the people feel good. He was the worst President we ever had. I complained about him during his entire tenure. It might have been me who set him up on that street corner with $40! 🤣 🤣 🤣 Dont just tell me what you gonna do. I need to know how or at least see your previous track record.

Last edited:
..and no matter I how smalltime I think AAMU is, I wish them the best. If they could get $2-3M, TP aint gonna be mad.
I am mad about the FREE arena yall got tho. Salty af! 🤣🤣🤣

..and no matter I how smalltime I think AAMU is, I wish them the best. If they could get $2-3M, TP aint gonna be mad.

same cast of characters - new place - if the MCC went on campus how much can AAMU net after EVERYTHING IS PAID?

expenses, etc. Your not selling 22k tickets cause 5K will be comps or more - is it worth it for a potential short term gain?

Because I am trying to figure out yall endgame. I can see if you REALLY think you can actually maximize off the ONE game yall have that makes money. BUT I also can see that you lack leverage. If they kick yall out, what you gonna do? You are getting $1.2M. You probably dont make that all year at home.

Also, I know people complain about promoters BUT promoters dont just send out one email and then just take all your money. They have HELLA expenses. They have promotions, staff, insurances, etc... They have to rent facilities, book concerts, get permits, etc.. ALL of those things come with guarantees. AAMU has NO experience hosting a big event.

I just hope that you all know what you doing. It appears that you all in Bham for at least 6 yrs but if yall dont find a promoter for next year and I was ASC, I wouldnt give yall schitt!
TP,

Please do not worry about the end game. AAMU will be alright. Concentrate on JSU....

TP,

One day when you stop focusing on other teams, you will probably realize that the State of Mississippi cares zero about the city of Jackson and Jackson State. Now this is really below disrespectful for the outstanding citizens in Jackson. Some of my best friends are Jacksonian's. They deserve better and you know it! You seemed have some influence on certain matters. Just think if you cared more about Jackson than AAMU what a difference you could probably make. Come on Man!

Props to AAMU for self determination and attempting to maximize their profits. You have a year to put together a plan and execute. You have an established product, location, fan base for ticket sales, city guarantee and the county will come around if they know what’s good for them as starting points. Don’t worry about the naysayers. Without vision the people perish. Go get those sponsors, your money 💰 for other events, make sure you look at the overhead closely, take the lions share of revenue for the risk and lastly…….Get that bag 💼 dawgs!!!

You better get a hell of a lot more than 1.5 mil. Otherwise you end up looking like a goofy considering its more than you got before. The question is, who is gonna pay it?

Last edited:
TP,

One day when you stop focusing on other teams, you will probably realize that the State of Mississippi cares zero about the city of Jackson and Jackson State. Now this is really below disrespectful for the outstanding citizens in Jackson. Some of my best friends are Jacksonian's. They deserve better and you know it! You seemed have some influence on certain matters. Just think if you cared more about Jackson than AAMU what a difference you could probably make. Come on Man!
I don't care AT ALL about AAMU. I just hope this works out well for yall.
At least you putting a committee together to help your dismal HOME attendance. Maybe that's where you should have started. The MCC makes you money. You make NOTHING at home. There is nothing to draw people to an AAMU game. The last QB you had never beat SU, GSU or Alcorn. The best team your coach has beat since he arrived on the hill is a 6-5 UAPB and the UAPB team they played in the SCG.

Nobody is coming to see your band because they are not good. No bands are coming there aside from JSU sometimes because schools know not even your fans are coming. Also, Huntsville just sounds boring. In closing, you have to make sure that your home game is not on the same day as TNState Homecoming. I hope the committee knows these things.

Think about it. If the ASC is giving 1.5 they are making 3 at the lowest end.

The thing about black people is that they dont think about everything. That's like people who say, have games and home and keep all the money. Well, home games are not free either. If you dont get 10K people in the stands, you will barely break even. There is something called game day expenses. When it comes to classics, you STILL HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE. You still have expenses. And yes, a promoter will make money. They are not doing it for free BUT the benefit is that they have an established system that allows them maximize profits. I guess yall gonna just look for a promoter who is willing to take less, pay their people less, pay the artists less, and pay yall more. Good luck with that.

You better get a hell of a lot more than 1.5 mil. Otherwise you end up looking like a goofy considering its more than you got before. The question is, who is gonna pay it?

I think they have a WHOLE lot of audacity. LOL
Im rooting for them tho. I am happy to see that the city of Bham and the county supports the MCC. I hope greed doesnt ruin it. Jackson dont give us schitt! Well, they dont have anything to give but that's not the point... LOL

Reactions: J C

TP,

One day when you stop focusing on other teams, you will probably realize that the State of Mississippi cares zero about the city of Jackson and Jackson State.

The only people who actually think Mississippi cares about JSU are bootlicks. Even outsiders can see they don't give a damn about Jackson or JSU with every move they make

The only shining light (somewhat) is that Elvis's cousin is virtually tied with Reeves in the current polls so this is the best chance Mississippi has to get out of the GOP pothole

View: https://twitter.com/BrandonPresley/status/1656674863392890882

Actually we would just have to get 1 million… both schools are already getting 500k from Birmingham.

I believe AAMU & ASU can get somewhere between 500-750K from the county as well if some county officials can get through the red tape. Of course AAMU portion wouldn’t be cut by the ASC.

As I have stated before, I truly believe we have a President and AD that are on the same accord. Both are about the business of protecting and expanding the AAMU brand. If you are entering a partnership with a business that has contractual constants, you have a responsibility and a right to ask questions about said contract. We have, in the past, just accepted the increase in payout moved on queue. The we got more that last year mentality was accepted.

So lets say yall go with a different entity? Can they put AlaState on theirs? What is AlaState chooses not to leave ASC?
It would basically turn into a home and home like deal… Alabama State can only control their “home“ year… and the same with AAMU. ASU is tied down for the next two home games (23 and 25) with ASC…

All of this is happening because of ASC's fear of competition. They don't want to lose their golden goose. i refuse to believe, after expenses, there has been a 50/50 or 60/40 split between them and the schools.

I don't care AT ALL about AAMU. I just hope this works out well for yall.
At least you putting a committee together to help your dismal HOME attendance. Maybe that's where you should have started. The MCC makes you money. You make NOTHING at home. There is nothing to draw people to an AAMU game. The last QB you had never beat SU, GSU or Alcorn. The best team your coach has beat since he arrived on the hill is a 6-5 UAPB and the UAPB team they played in the SCG.

Nobody is coming to see your band because they are not good. No bands are coming there aside from JSU sometimes because schools know not even your fans are coming. Also, Huntsville just sounds boring. In closing, you have to make sure that your home game is not on the same day as TNState Homecoming. I hope the committee knows these things.

TP,

You don't care about AAMU; however, you wrote 2 paragraphs about something you don't care about. AAMU has a permanent residence in your brain. Stop while you are 2 steps behind.

Do you really want to compare cities? I among others are extremely disappointed at the way the state of Mississippi treats the city of Jackson. It is ridiculous! Besides Flint, Michigan I can not think of another city that has similar treatment. Standing in line for water etc.. is like a 3rd world country. Again, some of my best friends are Jacksonians. Therefore, I refuse to make jokes about this situation. I know for a fact that they took water to Jackson (and you know who they are). Again, while you are 2 steps behind, do you really want to compare cities?

Back