The 81st Magic City Classic A&M vs ASU

We in the same boat… you aint beat a good team this year just we aint beat a good team this year. So if Miles, Valley, Texas So and Howard got you excited…im happy for you!
Even when we beat y'all people will probably still we don't have a victory over a good time. Just know that y'all are on the clock.

You definitely don't have a passing game. That running game will be locked up

"Be careful......Be Verweee careful" Don't fall into that 'slop jar' you're buzzin' around.....you might get stuck on some sticky stuff or drown in an unpleasant foul liquid. :eek:

Big game for both schools. A win will determine the direction of both teams for the remainder of the season. Coach ERob believes the Hornets can win out.

Big game for both schools. A win will determine the direction of both teams for the remainder of the season. Coach ERob believes the Hornets can win out.
I agree. We need to finish the season on a high note to help in recruiting several qbs and linemen.

Reactions: J C
Bama south
Della Reese Time GIF

SUNDAY, OCT. 23

–There will be a free BBQ and Blues Fest on Sunday, Oct. 23 at Legion Field from 12 to 4 p.m. The Manhattans and others will perform.

–Check out Silk, the Connection Band and Dominque Posey during a free concert at Patton Park on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 5 p.m.

–Check out retail and food vendors during the Classic Street Market, hosted by President Pro Tem Crystal Smitherman, on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 1 to 5 p.m. at 600 Sixth Ave. South.

–A Classic Ole School Day Party will be held at Boutwell Auditorium on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 3 to 7 p.m. Admission will be charged.

–American Idol winner Ruben Studdard will join the Cigar Men of Distinction in hosting a day party on Sunday, Oct. 23 at Lit on 8th from 2 to 7 p.m. There will be a DJ and Souled Out Groove will perform. Admission charged. To buy tickets, go here.

–The Birmingham City Schools Magic City Marching Band Festival, featuring bands from all seven high schools, will take place Sunday, Oct. 23 at 2 p.m. at Carver High School. The system’s newly-started middle school drumline will also perform. .Tickets are $5 and must be bought in advance. Alabama A&M U will be exhibition band that will perform at the end of the event. Awards will be given, based on performance. To buy tickets, go here.

–SOCU Southern Kitchen and Oyster Bar will host the Magic City Classic Prelude, featuring DJ Dirty Vegas, on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 7 p.m. to midnight. SOCU is located at 1821 Second Ave. North in the Pizitz Building.$20 admission. Limited menu available.

SUNDAY, OCT. 23

–There will be a free BBQ and Blues Fest on Sunday, Oct. 23 at Legion Field from 12 to 4 p.m. The Manhattans and others will perform.

–Check out Silk, the Connection Band and Dominque Posey during a free concert at Patton Park on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 5 p.m.

–Check out retail and food vendors during the Classic Street Market, hosted by President Pro Tem Crystal Smitherman, on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 1 to 5 p.m. at 600 Sixth Ave. South.

–A Classic Ole School Day Party will be held at Boutwell Auditorium on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 3 to 7 p.m. Admission will be charged.

–American Idol winner Ruben Studdard will join the Cigar Men of Distinction in hosting a day party on Sunday, Oct. 23 at Lit on 8th from 2 to 7 p.m. There will be a DJ and Souled Out Groove will perform. Admission charged. To buy tickets, go here.

–The Birmingham City Schools Magic City Marching Band Festival, featuring bands from all seven high schools, will take place Sunday, Oct. 23 at 2 p.m. at Carver High School. The system’s newly-started middle school drumline will also perform. .Tickets are $5 and must be bought in advance. Alabama A&M U will be exhibition band that will perform at the end of the event. Awards will be given, based on performance. To buy tickets, go here.

–SOCU Southern Kitchen and Oyster Bar will host the Magic City Classic Prelude, featuring DJ Dirty Vegas, on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 7 p.m. to midnight. SOCU is located at 1821 Second Ave. North in the Pizitz Building.$20 admission. Limited menu available.
oh ok so basically the Magic City Classic festivities kickoff in a few hours.....a whole week of Classic partying in the Black College Football Mecca...Birmingham, Alabama

This one gone be tough to pick cause I believe Alabama State has the 2nd best defense in the conference. But their offense is a year or two away. A&M got it cooking right now with the run game and timely throws. But their defense is still suspect. Idk man I’m going to have to look at film and flip a coin. Both teams are on the come up for different reasons.

A&M & Maynor got to be SWAC , right?
A&M is. maynor has been around long enough and... he was hbcu already so, yeah.
I say hobson isn't swac even though he has swac hours. so yeah, not everyone that enters the conference stays long enough or makes contributions great enough for them to become synonymous with the swac.

We in the same boat… you aint beat a good team this year just we aint beat a good team this year. So if Miles, Valley, Texas So and Howard got you excited…im happy for you!
that tx southern win looks better every weekend.

Reactions: J C
Honestly I dont think Bama State can score enough points to beat us. Their offense is really bad. But who knows it maybe a low scoring game. Our offense can put up points but I’ve also seen them GIVE up points With qb fumbles and pic 6 screen passes. AAMU just has to keep it simple… we have a running back who is going to get 5 yards a carry but we (for some dumb reason) insist on passing the ball.

Honestly I dont think Bama State can score enough points to beat us. Their offense is really bad. But who knows it maybe a low scoring game. Our offense can put up points but I’ve also seen them GIVE up points With qb fumbles and pic 6 screen passes. AAMU just has to keep it simple… we have a running back who is going to get 5 yards a carry but we (for some dumb reason) insist on passing the ball.
they can't score much more than 21 points. that defense though doesn't give up many points. I expect a good one.

I need a photographer to shoot the MCC. If any of you folks know of a photographer within the area with some experience shooting football games, send me a DM.

Back