SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the press conference and heard a member of the Atlanta Falcons talked about having the game in the "New Stadium" when it is completed? If not, the plan is to move the game to the new stadium upon its completion

Was that just live or is there a link?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
(HBCU Records in FCS Playoffs since 1978)

Teams have a combined 8-50 record(1978-2014)

MEAC is 8-31 with one championship (1978) (Some of FAMU victories came before they joined the MEAC to include the first and only championship and only four teams participated in the playoffs in '78)

SWAC is 0-19 (1978-1997)

SWAC last playoff appearance in 1996

Thank you THEEILOVE

Ken,
How old are you man? Seriously. It took the so called Power 5 over 100 years to grow some nuts and go up against the NCAA. Up until a few years ago the NCAA controlled college athletics. Even now the Power 5 is still governed by them, but have more control than ever before. When the Power 5 completely break off from the NCAA and start running their own shat then lets revisit this conversation.

Old enough to know that you obviously don't know enough about this subject. To say that the NCAA controlled college athletics up until a few years ago is simply not true. When you get a chance research the CFA (College Football Association).

Thank you THEEILOVE
So if su couldn't beat JSU all those years, how do you think they would've done in the playoffs? You don't have to answer that one cause the answer is already obvious.
Instead of losing by one TD, su would've lost by four or five.

Meh

Don't really understand this game, (I hope it's indoors for one) and 2nd, what is the meaning of this game..I mean is it for bragging rights? like what's the significant purpose of this game. we are going backwards, like I said before and I will keep saying this, we all as 'black' HBCU need to come together and re-organize this platform. all we doing is putting band aids on stuff...this doesn't make any sense in any sense. If SU goes I'd prolly won't go..kids will be out of school and everything...smh..so much wrong in this..

Meh

Don't really understand this game, (I hope it's indoors for one) and 2nd, what is the meaning of this game..I mean is it for bragging rights? like what's the significant purpose of this game. we are going backwards, like I said before and I will keep saying this, we all as 'black' HBCU need to come together and re-organize this platform. all we doing is putting band aids on stuff...this doesn't make any sense in any sense. If SU goes I'd prolly won't go..kids will be out of school and everything...smh..so much wrong in this..

Did you go to the heritage bowl?

Have you read anything that has been posted the last six months or so about this game?

Meh

you a fuggin hypocrite.... all these Pro Black.. fugg the white school because they make money off of us movements you be going on EVERY WEEK.... then you say this bullshit? What the hell does kids being out of school have to do with anything? It aint like its a home game anyway. The "I hope its indoors" comment shows me you haven't read the article. There is an issue with a Black school in a Black conference playing in a Black bowl?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I doubt that this would be anything like the Heritage bowl

That's not answering the question Bighead. And I'm really baffle as to why you don't think this would be anything like the heritage bowl.

Please elaborate after addressing the original questions.

That's not answering the question Bighead. And I'm really baffle as to why you don't think this would be anything like the heritage bowl.

Please elaborate after addressing the original questions.

Different time and different atmosphere that's surrounding our football, we have to fix the small problems first to draw a crowd. The time is just wrong to be honest, again deeper than what I'm saying and all yall seeing is an 'added' game with the word 'bowl' slapped on it. I read through some comments before making my post but some that I read which focused on the 9 game format kills this game, and before you said it doesn't have anything to do with this game it does in a sense, We play every team in the SWAC, we don't have any type of games against the MEAC teams per say, if we can do maybe 2 or 3 then this game would become a big draw, back in the day, if SU played FAMU in the season and we got whooped, this game would have the Nation lining up to see them in a rematch, now it may draw a crowd if SU plays FAMU, but it really won't do much justice to say if they had played in the regular season or so, not just a FAMU but anybody from the other conference.
I can't really say right now and go in, but I just don't see this bowl game in Year 4 being a success. its just too much that we the SWAC/MEAC and other HBCU schools have to clean up to have a setup like this work for 20 to 30 years from now

Let me ask you this Blue, what killed the heritage bowl in the 1st place?

Man yall thinking short term and stuff..I'm thinking long term..this won't work long term cuz of how the platform we sitting on with 'black' football..yall just thinking oh we got a bowl game, this is good for us..hell no...this will be played out in year 4..if not 2...stamp it..

you a fuggin hypocrite.... all these Pro Black.. fugg the white school because they make money off of us movements you be going on EVERY WEEK.... then you say this bullshit? What the hell does kids being out of school have to do with anything? It aint like its a home game anyway. The "I hope its indoors" comment shows me you haven't read the article. There is an issue with a Black school in a Black conference playing in a Black bowl?

Bruh chill out,

I haven't read the article, but you have to have a system/platform in place that will have this game around for the next 20 to 30 years, look at all these bowls that's been around, Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl etc..just slapping a game at the end of folks schedule a calling it a bowl game isn't helping us in Year 18 if it last that long, This won't last 5 years before it's 1. moved to another location or 2, not even in existence. you have to get the other stuff corrected 1st and look at the overall picture of things. This does nothing for the SWAC nor the MEAC, like I said is this for bragging right to say we beat x school in a game that had bowl slapped on it? bruh please..we need to re-group things and have it to where if a SU or JSU or GSU doesn't go, this game will still have legs and be packed, or else it will be just like any other event that SU or JSU or GSU will be needed (no diss to the other schools) to draw a crowd, Things within our conference has to get corrected first to have this setup right. 9 games conference games...kills this for me...it's a psychological thing for a fan and for a player, it doesn't make sense..no other conference is doing 9 game conferences, that's why their championship games will always be good games, and that's where we have to start within our conference, I been said make the SWAC and MEAC a mega conference and the ones who we leave off, put them in another conference so that we can play one another, but again, I'm drifting off of the topic, but that's where all this stuff happens, the re-order of our HBCU conferences. it's deeper than just slapping a game and bowl name and saying we've made it smh..
Year 3, I won't be surprised if you see 8-13 thousand folks at this game..

BigHead,

They don't "Get It". To them, Bill Clinton is still President and Bush never happened.

Bruh I clown you alot and others on here but you seem to understand the bigger picture,
They think this is a good idea Lol..man get off the boo boo, this sh`t sucks, another lazy way of trying to make money Lol and 'fit in'
This does nothing for neither conference other than waste the fans money and time, smh...I can't knock how another man feel but n`ggas are really c**n-Buya'N this crap Lol smh

ESPN and the MEAC/SWAC agreed to a six-year deal. The game will be played in the Falcons news stadium when it his completed.

Bruh I don't care..

I don't care if ABC will have a deal with this having Keith Jackson come outta retirement and do commentary and saying Whoa Nellie for this crap..This is a setup to be done away in 5-7 years man...Lol..what don't yall get..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back