SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Peach Bowl is not a good comparison because it's one of the longer tenured bowls out there that generally grabs two ranked teams from power conferences.

Now if you would have asked why is the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl or the Beef O'Bradys Bowl are still around then you might have a case.

As long as bowl games continue to draw ratings, they'll be around. Would not surprise me to see 2-3 more bowl games added (maybe even the Pioneer Bowl getting on the big stage). The Popeyes Bowl was arguably the best bowl game of the season and it's in its 1st year.

And what is so crazy about Bighead's position is that his whole argument is base on the fact that time have change and he doesn't even get what that change is.

So you are more concerned about the attendance of the game rather than the financial benefit of the schools/conferences involved.

Dude stop that lil chump change Lol.. (I don't even know the amount to be honest with you)

So School A gets 10,000 and School B get 10,000 but attendance is 8,000 in a 50 plus stadium?? don't be that dude bruh...
seems to me all you're worried about is what amount of money the school is getting....smh..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dude stop that lil chump change Lol.. (I don't even know the amount to be honest with you)

So School A gets 10,000 and School B get 10,000 but attendance is 8,000 in a 50 plus stadium?? don't be that dude bruh...
seems to me all you're worried about is what amount of money the school is getting....smh..

Late I checked, that is what pay the bills for recruiting and everything else. If we missed something please inform us.

The Peach Bowl is not a good comparison because it's one of the longer tenured bowls out there that generally grabs two ranked teams from power conferences.

Now if you would have asked why is the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl or the Beef O'Bradys Bowl are still around then you might have a case.

As long as bowl games continue to draw ratings, they'll be around. Would not surprise me to see 2-3 more bowl games added (maybe even the Pioneer Bowl getting on the big stage). The Popeyes Bowl was arguably the best bowl game of the season and it's in its 1st year.

The Peach Bowl didn't always grab those teams bruh....they just really have started doing this (your ACC vs SEC top 4 team) smh..bruh I can really go in bruh..really..so when the Peach Bowl 1st started, lets do it's first 5 years. did it grab the 2 ranked team from power conferences???

Late I checked, that is what pay the bills for recruiting and everything else. If we missed something please inform us.

Big Brother stop, and that's the mindset we have too..that's why our foundation is so shaky and why we are in this state, that right there, oh let's play in this game that makes no sense and means nothing and get this 10,000 check, we got ESPN coverage and it showcases our universities give us that exposure, but we only got 7-11 thousand fans there, in which 1,000 tickets were given away Lol..that's your opinion and stance big brother but all I have to say is I told you so Lol..

Big Brother stop, and that's the mindset we have too..that's why our foundation is so shaky and why we are in this state, that right there, oh let's play in this game that makes no sense and means nothing and get this 10,000 check, we got ESPN coverage and it showcases our universities give us that exposure, but we only got 7-11 thousand fans there, in which 1,000 tickets were given away Lol..that's your opinion and stance big brother but all I have to say is I told you so Lol..
$10,000 check? Where did you get that amount from?

Why are people overlooking the financial woes of HBCUs and their athletic departments when discussing this game?

It's only people who are in a zone by themselves and more concern with image and what outsiders think, that have no influence on the conference one way or the other.

How anybody can argue that not making money is better then making money, is beyond my pay grade that's for sure.

I'm convince a body snatcher has taken over Bighead's account.

Nah it's me big brother
Just some thoughts and visuals we see different on..no harm..I'm just saying I don't think this is a good thing for us that just my thoughts lol
Nothing wrong with how yall feel..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's only people who are in a zone by themselves and more concern with image and what outsiders think, that have no influence on the conference one way or the other.

How anybody can argue that not making money is better then making money, is beyond my pay grade that's for sure.

Making money should be what it's called making money
Year 1 you make 13k
Year 2 you make 11
Year 3 you make 7k
With overhead of 4 each year
That's not making money to me that's just wasting time
Again these are made up figures tha I'm using for the event
Year 7 should should yield in more revenue than Year 2 and 3 and I don't see this event doing such thing is what I'm saying based on how our platform in our conferences is setup.

This is getting ridiculous. I say let the MEAC conference go to FCS playoffs and lets see if another FCS conference would like to participate in this bowl game. Since it's name the "Celebration Bowl", I don't think it has to be an all HBCU bowl game.

Year 1 you make 13k
Year 2 you make 11
Year 3 you make 7k
Year 7 should should yield in more revenue than Year 2 and 3 and I don't see this event doing such thing is what I'm saying based on how our platform in our conferences is setup.

Bruh all the time you have taken to type TOTAL BS (all that above), you could have written the article twice. RIF!

Year 1 you make 13k
Year 2 you make 11
Year 3 you make 7k
Dude hush. Before commenting on a subject you should do some research. You always do this lol. The payout will be 1 million to each conference from the earlier articles.

Year 1 you make 13k
Year 2 you make 11
Year 3 you make 7k

I say this respectfully, how the hell can you challenge something like this and you don't even know what the terms are? Why are you against educating yourself? There is nothing wrong with you being against this arrangement, but at least know what you are against.

I was speaking in terms of the event not the payout in school/conference with my last post..Lol
But check this out though let me know if this event make to Year 10 and let me know if the pay for each conference will increase or decrease again
What happened to the Soul Bowl?

I was speaking in terms of the event not the payout in school/conference with my last post..Lol
But check this out though let me know if this event make to Year 10 and let me know if the pay for each conference will increase or decrease again
What happened to the Soul Bowl?

And most of us are supposed to be college educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back