Source: USC, UCLA considering move from Pac-12 to Big Ten as early as 2024

Big 10 Network has made money hand over fist.

----------

Big Ten Daily: Big Ten Led All Conferences in 2020 Revenue
The Big Ten's total revenue dropped in 2020, but it was still about $40 million higher than the SEC. The conference lowered payouts to its 12 longest-standing members by about $1.3 million per school to $54.3 million.
D.J. FEZLER
MAY 23, 2021

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Last year, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, many collegiate athletic departments suffered financially due to shortened schedules and capacity limitations inside stadiums.

Even with all the chaos, the Big Ten Conference led the nation in generated revenue according to a recent report from USA Today's Steve Berkowitz. The league was followed by the SEC, PAC-12, ACC and Big 12.

The Big Ten benefited from television deals with the Big Ten Network, FOX and ESPN, leading the conference to higher total revenue and school payouts in recent years.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yea I dont get it BUT Im sure it involves money. LOL

All it really does is give the Big Ten more access to the Pacific part of the country. While give those two school better access to those places where the Big Ten are.

Now the question is does this benefit Football or basketball more. I would say basketball but it puts way more pressure on Rutgers, Penn State and Northwestern to perform better in basketball.

This clearly is a financial move for USC and UCLA. Joining the B1G will bring those schools a tremendous windfall. As for the B1G, they want to counter the SEC adding Texas and OU Plus, they get the second-largest TV market in the country. This seems to be an arms race to create superconferences.

I've said it and I'll say it again, HBCUs need to consolidate into one or two conferences if they are survive to athletically. Looking to one HBCU and being satisfied with that one HBCU recruiting competitively is foolish and not sustainable. These Power 5 schools won't keep playing lesser schools because Power 5 game attendance is down across the board, Power 5 fans don't like only getting 1-3 good home games per year, and I don't think ESPN/Disney on one side and Fox on the other will accept their conferences playing these money games.

Lastly, this move will move the NCAA out of the Power 5 sports business. And, don't be surprised if Title IX is either altered or eradicated.

All it really does is give the Big Ten more access to the Pacific part of the country. While give those two school better access to those places where the Big Ten are.

Now the question is does this benefit Football or basketball more. I would say basketball but it puts way more pressure on Rutgers, Penn State and Northwestern to perform better in basketball.
Mane, that thing stretches from Cali to NJ and MD... lol

I've said it and I'll say it again, HBCUs need to consolidate into one or two conferences if they are survive to athletically. Looking to one HBCU and being satisfied with that one HBCU recruiting competitively is foolish and not sustainable. These Power 5 schools won't keep playing lesser schools because Power 5 game attendance is down across the board, Power 5 fans don't like only getting 1-3 good home games per year, and I don't think ESPN/Disney on one side and Fox on the other will accept their conferences playing these money games.

Lastly, this move will move the NCAA out of the Power 5 sports business. And, don't be surprised if Title IX is either altered or eradicated.
I would agree with this if it made sense. I would be GOOD in that it would unify the schools in the EAST with those down south but it would make better sense if the SWAC divided into tiers with an FBS division and an FCS division.

I would agree with this if it made sense. I would be GOOD in that it would unify the schools in the EAST with those down south but it would make better sense if the SWAC divided into tiers with an FBS division and an FCS division.

FBS SWAC division? Bro, is you crazy? Lets call it what it is. Deion ain't proved jack shit on the field. Good recruiter but he hasn't beaten a respectable FCS school and you think the SWAC should have a FBS division and I assume you think JSU should be in this SWAC FBS division. You gotta crawl before you walk and walk before you run. JSU is still crawling.

What you will see happen is the SEC and the Big 10 create two super conferences, the athletes will have a union, and that union and these super conferences will create a salary structure and cap for NIL deals. I also believe we are in the last days of Title IX. I believe with this current composition of the SCOTUS if need be they'll alter or end Title IX as it relates to gender equity in sports.

This clearly is a financial move for USC and UCLA. Joining the B1G will bring those schools a tremendous windfall. As for the B1G, they want to counter the SEC adding Texas and OU Plus, they get the second-largest TV market in the country. This seems to be an arms race to create superconferences.

The Big10 will have a leg up (if not already) when it comes to media markets and $$$$

UCLA and Cal-Berkeley are both schools who make a lot of money and they spend a lot of money. Moving to the Big 10 will put both of their athletic departments in the black as they are both in the red right now.

That's the first thing that came to mind

The next domino is Oregon. Do they stay in the Pac 12/10 or bounce. They would become the Big Dog in the Pac 10 with Phil Knight money but their football team has to become Top 10 really fast or else that conference is gonna become on par with the AAC real fast

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They raised hell about OU and UT move to the SEC, now they are raiding the PAC
:nono2:
:tiptoe:

:lmao:

They were allied with the PAC and ACC.
:snicker

:popcorn:

FBS SWAC division? Bro, is you crazy? Lets call it what it is. Deion ain't proved jack shit on the field. Good recruiter but he hasn't beaten a respectable FCS school and you think the SWAC should have a FBS division and I assume you think JSU should be in this SWAC FBS division. You gotta crawl before you walk and walk before you run. JSU is still crawling.

Jack shit? Bro, the man has only had 1 real season that resulted in a 11-2 finish. No matter how many 3+ star recruits you land over night, you don’t instantly start beating top FCS or good FBS programs no matter who you are.

Deion has proven that he can draw more attention back to HBCU Football, and that he can get smaller HBCU’s like EWC on ESPN. JSU’s legs aren’t strong enough to walk into FBS upset, but they are definitely taking baby steps right now.

USC and UCLA have the resources to fly across countries. Because, when you have multi-millionaire and billionaires for alumnis. Money isn't issue.

It's funny that people are talking about Diddy throwing a Million at JSU. Do some black people know that those peanuts at a P-5? 🤣

I would be interesting to see the SoCal boys record playing in that Michigan and Ohio ice. As teams from the South have found Jack Frost is worthy adversary.

Jack shit? Bro, the man has only had 1 real season that resulted in a 11-2 finish. No matter how many 3+ star recruits you land over night, you don’t instantly start beating top FCS or good FBS programs no matter who you are.

Deion has proven that he can draw more attention back to HBCU Football, and that he can get smaller HBCU’s like EWC on ESPN. JSU’s legs aren’t strong enough to walk into FBS upset, but they are definitely taking baby steps right now.
I wasnt even gonna respond to him... lol
Our brand and recruits are already FBS level. Some of these people only think Ohio State and Clemson when you mention FBS. Nobody said P5.

If you all think the ACC is gonna stand pat and either get raided or lose position, yall cray cray.
It's other media markets out there and unless the SEC and Big 10 are going to have 30 members, there is no way this cant be minimized for the ACC. They just have to act.

Just stay tuned.

Recall when the College Playoffs were starting, everyone said, the reps every year would be Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 and SEC. We see how that turned out.

In closing, all of this is stupid.

Back