Source: USC, UCLA considering move from Pac-12 to Big Ten as early as 2024

Like I said, The Big 12 should have let ASU join the MW.

Arizona State quickly makes itself public enemy No. 1 for other Big 12 schools​

Big 12 schools and fan bases are quickly learning about their new members. They are quickly learning why Arizona State has not been particularly successful in football in recent years.

Big 12 fans are getting to know what Phoenix residents such as myself have known for a long time: Arizona State Athletic Director Ray Anderson is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Anderson, for absolutely zero good reason, said over the weekend that “I promise I’m not going to Morgantown,” a reference to ASU road trips to West Virginia, one of the longer commutes the Sun Devils and their athletic teams will have to make within the Big 12 Conference. This follows remarks made by ASU President Michael Crow about being very disappointed the Sun Devils couldn’t stay in the Pac-12 and that the Pac-12 couldn’t be preserved. Crow was a steadfast defender of Larry Scott and was deeply invested in saving the Pac-12.

Arizona State doesn’t like being in the Big 12, but Anderson’s shockingly insensitive comments have already transformed the Sun Devils from “unhappy neighbor” to “vocal troublemaker and bomb-thrower.” West Virginia fans are irate. Other Big 12 fan bases are raising their eyebrows and wondering why these guys were ever invited into the conference.

Here’s a sample of the very emotional reactions which greeted Ray Anderson’s incredibly dumb public comments:

Like I said, The Big 12 should have let ASU join the MW.

Arizona State quickly makes itself public enemy No. 1 for other Big 12 schools​

Big 12 schools and fan bases are quickly learning about their new members. They are quickly learning why Arizona State has not been particularly successful in football in recent years.

Big 12 fans are getting to know what Phoenix residents such as myself have known for a long time: Arizona State Athletic Director Ray Anderson is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Anderson, for absolutely zero good reason, said over the weekend that “I promise I’m not going to Morgantown,” a reference to ASU road trips to West Virginia, one of the longer commutes the Sun Devils and their athletic teams will have to make within the Big 12 Conference. This follows remarks made by ASU President Michael Crow about being very disappointed the Sun Devils couldn’t stay in the Pac-12 and that the Pac-12 couldn’t be preserved. Crow was a steadfast defender of Larry Scott and was deeply invested in saving the Pac-12.

Arizona State doesn’t like being in the Big 12, but Anderson’s shockingly insensitive comments have already transformed the Sun Devils from “unhappy neighbor” to “vocal troublemaker and bomb-thrower.” West Virginia fans are irate. Other Big 12 fan bases are raising their eyebrows and wondering why these guys were ever invited into the conference.

Here’s a sample of the very emotional reactions which greeted Ray Anderson’s incredibly dumb public comments:
the paycheck will tell him where to go

They pointed to the conference's bylaws, which state that any notice of withdrawal from the league means a school "automatically cease(s) to be a member of the Pac-12 Board of Directors and shall cease to have the right to vote on any matter."
At least OSU and WSU are fighting.

If I was in OSU and WSU position I would be fighting for that money too and the PAC12 assets, since they are the only ones that did not abandon ship. If they end up with total control over the PAC12 current assets and the assets for the next upcoming two seasons it look like both school could end up making 60 to 70 million per school during that time period if they ended up with all the revenue divided up between them two.

If I was in OSU and WSU position I would be fighting for that money too and the PAC12 assets, since they are the only ones that did not abandon ship. If they end up with total control over the PAC12 current assets and the assets for the next upcoming two seasons it look like both school could end up making 60 to 70 million per school during that time period if they ended up with all the revenue divided up between them two.

Don't forget that money coming from the NCAA for basketball

OSU and WSU's biggest problem is going to be scheduling.
Schedule alliance with the Mountain West will take care of that in all sports, but then the question would turn to would the Mountain West want something in return. I think it would be a nightmare trying to schedule all the different sports with just two schools in the conference. Liberty, as a independent, was able to do it because they had money to pay schools to play them, but even if OSU and WSU get all the the PAC money that well will run dry if they have to start signing checks to get schools FCS or FBS schools to play them for two years.

The Pac-12 is now the Pac-2. (Washington State and Oregan State).

Back