Source: USC, UCLA considering move from Pac-12 to Big Ten as early as 2024

I've said it and I'll say it again, HBCUs need to consolidate into one or two conferences if they are survive to athletically. Looking to one HBCU and being satisfied with that one HBCU recruiting competitively is foolish and not sustainable. These Power 5 schools won't keep playing lesser schools because Power 5 game attendance is down across the board, Power 5 fans don't like only getting 1-3 good home games per year, and I don't think ESPN/Disney on one side and Fox on the other will accept their conferences playing these money games.

Lastly, this move will move the NCAA out of the Power 5 sports business. And, don't be surprised if Title IX is either altered or eradicated.

I've said it and I'll say it again, HBCUs need to consolidate into one or two conferences if they are survive to athletically. Looking to one HBCU and being satisfied with that one HBCU recruiting competitively is foolish and not sustainable. These Power 5 schools won't keep playing lesser schools because Power 5 game attendance is down across the board, Power 5 fans don't like only getting 1-3 good home games per year, and I don't think ESPN/Disney on one side and Fox on the other will accept their conferences playing these money games.

Lastly, this move will move the NCAA out of the Power 5 sports business. And, don't be surprised if Title IX is either altered or eradicated.
One or two conferences??? I believe there now are only 2 conferences of HBCU's that play Division IAA?????

This really drives up travel costs for the conference.

Congratulations on the expansion!

One or two conferences??? I believe there now are only 2 conferences of HBCU's that play Division IAA?????

Bruh, what I'm about to say will be controversial for some. I believe the IAA HBCUs need to drop down to Division 2 and merge with the SIAC and CIAA. Strength comes in numbers. And, it's not like HBCUs have integrated among the IAA football playoff system. HBCUs prefer to play amongst themselves anyway. So, go ahead and merge and in that way you can provide a better product for your fans and a more attractive product for TV and streaming networks.

USC and UCLA have the resources to fly across countries. Because, when you have multi-millionaire and billionaires for alumnis. Money isn't issue.

It's funny that people are talking about Diddy throwing a Million at JSU. Do some black people know that those peanuts at a P-5? 🤣

When NIL came about travel expenses went out of the window. Why? These cats are no longer amateurs and the schools have removed all pretense of amateurism. If you're noticing the Big 10 and the SEC by making these moves along with Fox having the Big 10 and ESPN/Disney having the SEC are telling you the NCAA is over for Power 5 football. There will be a Power 5 college football commissioner along with a CBA for the players.

I wasnt even gonna respond to him... lol
Our brand and recruits are already FBS level. Some of these people only think Ohio State and Clemson when you mention FBS. Nobody said P5.

No. Not at all. I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all. But, JSU isn't even a top tier FCS program. JSU has done nothing to compare to North Dakota State or James Madison or Sam Houston, etc.

Bruh, what I'm about to say will be controversial for some. I believe the IAA HBCUs need to drop down to Division 2 and merge with the SIAC and CIAA. Strength comes in numbers. And, it's not like HBCUs have integrated among the IAA football playoff system. HBCUs prefer to play amongst themselves anyway. So, go ahead and merge and in that way you can provide a better product for your fans and a more attractive product for TV and streaming networks.
You do realize all the basketball money schools would lose by doing that, right?

You do realize all the basketball money schools would lose by doing that, right?

People forget all about this and think only football. It's better for the 2 HBCU conferences to stay pat and keep getting those NCAAA Basketball payments as 2 conferences and not 1. This goes for all the other sports too when it comes to those playoffs auto bids.

Is it a lot of money? Please enlighten me.

Every game a team plays in the NCAA Tournament (even the First Four) is worth one monetary unit for the conference. In 2022 for example, an NCAA Tournament unit was worth $338,887. So, Texas Southern -- by playing two games in the tournament -- made close to $700,000 for the SWAC to be split 12 ways. Schools aren't gonna see that cash playing at the D2 level.

Every game a team plays in the NCAA Tournament (even the First Four) is worth one monetary unit for the conference. In 2022 for example, an NCAA Tournament unit was worth $338,887. So, Texas Southern -- by playing two games in the tournament -- made close to $700,000 for the SWAC to be split 12 ways. Schools aren't gonna see that cash playing at the D2 level.

Thank you for teaching me this. That's something to ponder. But, that's based on staying in the NCAA. I think HBCUs should leave the NCAA. But, I know HBCUs won't even put those who are so bold in leadership positions.

The ACC has no bargaining power. No one is going to leave any of the other P5 conferences to go there. It's far more likely that Clemson and FSU leave than vice versa. Outside of Clemson, FSU and maybe Miami, that conference is going to be in the same position as the Big 12 and the Pac 12. A bunch of leftover P5 schools that didn't get invited to one of the super conferences. And the Big 10 is already trying to snatch Notre Dame too. Who is left for the ACC to add? What's going to happen is, you're going to end up with a bunch of leftover schools like the Oregon State's, the Oklahoma State's and the Georgia Tech's that'll have to band together after all the desirables are either in the SEC or the Big 10. I'd bet money Clemson has been leaving voicemails on the SEC commissioner's phone. Especially after this.

ACC - App State, Coastal Carolina

PAC12/10 - SDSU, BYU (I know they are heading to the Big 12) or Boise State

Not big names but solid replacements.

I don't see Notre Dame going to the ACC if Clemson and FSU/Miami leaves unless they wanna be the big dogs in a "P5" conference (don't see it)

The ACC has no bargaining power. No one is going to leave any of the other P5 conferences to go there. It's far more likely that Clemson and FSU leave than vice versa. Outside of Clemson, FSU and maybe Miami, that conference is going to be in the same position as the Big 12 and the Pac 12. A bunch of leftover P5 schools that didn't get invited to one of the super conferences. And the Big 10 is already trying to snatch Notre Dame too. Who is left for the ACC to add? What's going to happen is, you're going to end up with a bunch of leftover schools like the Oregon State's, the Oklahoma State's and the Georgia Tech's that'll have to band together after all the desirables are either in the SEC or the Big 10. I'd bet money Clemson has been leaving voicemails on the SEC commissioner's phone. Especially after this.
You're forgetting UNC and UVA. They are public ivies. Both of those schools are university juggernauts (lots of money, lots of prestige, and both are great in basketball with the means to be respectable in football) who would be welcomed in either the Big 10 or SEC. I think Miami is going to the Big 10.

Some fellow bucks called the state of college football the National College Football League to rival the nfl lol.

Last edited:

ACC - App State, Coastal Carolina

PAC12/10 - SDSU, BYU (I know they are heading to the Big 12) or Boise State

Not big names but solid replacements.

I don't see Notre Dame going to the ACC if Clemson and FSU/Miami leaves unless they wanna be the big dogs in a "P5" conference (don't see it)
Notre Dame is superficially in the ACC in football. But they can choose to go wherever.

The ACC has this:

The ACC did its homework by locking in schools to a 20-year grant of rights back in 2016. If a school leaves the ACC, its TV rights stay with the ACC. The ACC will not necessarily prevent schools such as Clemson from leaving, but the grant of rights (GOR) means Clemson and other schools that might leave will not be able to leave freely, without considerable costs and complications. The ACC will get a lot of money if any of its schools bolt for a mega-size SEC or Big Ten.

The ACC’s new grant of rights also automatically extends Notre Dame’s contract with the conference as a member in all sports but football through 2035-36, a source said. If the Irish forgo football independence in the next 20 years, they will be contracted to join the ACC.

Ok for the clarification. I kind of thought that may be where you were leading to.

Good… we dont have to here Kenn and this PAC 10 mess anymore lol
karrueche tran crying GIF by BET

The long and short of it: Just two more Ohio State’s bridesmaids. It’s great for the B1G though for acquiring the California TV market.

You're forgetting UNC and UVA. They are public ivies. Both of those schools are university juggernauts (lots of money, lots of prestige, and both are great in basketball with the means to be respectable in football) who would be welcomed in either the Big 10 or SEC. I think Miami is going to the Big 10.
And still, Rutgers got into the Big 10 over them both. And Nebraska wasn't exactly known for their academics either. This re-alignment isn't about academics. UNC has an argument with their bball but UVA? Who is about to try to rush to add them? Better yet, if you're another P5 football school (considering that's what's driving this), who is voting to add or join UVA or UNC over the SEC or the Big 10? At this point, anyone not in the SEC or the Big 10 is going to be considered as having been left out. The 2 premier schools from the Big 12 first and now the Pac-12. Who is looking to join the Big 12, Pac 12 or ACC right now other than those that haven't already gotten into one of the big 2? It sounds good but it doesn't make sense. Better yet, the Big 10 is looking at a billion dollar media deal after this. The Pac 12 already had a pretty average media deal and the big 12 is far below all of the above. What would the ACC's media value look like without Clemson and FSU? Regarding UNC and UVA, see UConn for reference. Now independent with no one having any interest whatsoever in their football program. Even the collapsed CUSA wouldn't add them.

The ACC has this:

The ACC did its homework by locking in schools to a 20-year grant of rights back in 2016. If a school leaves the ACC, its TV rights stay with the ACC. The ACC will not necessarily prevent schools such as Clemson from leaving, but the grant of rights (GOR) means Clemson and other schools that might leave will not be able to leave freely, without considerable costs and complications. The ACC will get a lot of money if any of its schools bolt for a mega-size SEC or Big Ten.

The ACC’s new grant of rights also automatically extends Notre Dame’s contract with the conference as a member in all sports but football through 2035-36, a source said. If the Irish forgo football independence in the next 20 years, they will be contracted to join the ACC.
Yea, and the Big 10 has a billion dollar media deal on the table lol. They'll leave and pay that money back in a couple of years. The old CUSA schools and old AAC schools are all leaving early and negotiated a rate with the conferences to do so. If ESPN says, we'll give you X more in this conference and to the conference, we'll increase your media deal with these 2 adds, then movement is happening. That's exactly what they did to CUSA, offered teams more money to join either the Sunbelt or the AAC. If ESPN wants it they will get it.

Don't be surprised when the ACC announces USF, Notre Dame, West Virginia or some variation of a Dallas or Houston school has made application.

The really sad part is , that's less than 60k per school. We should be able to raise that. But we aren't donating like that to give our schools independence to do things

Back