S.U. Baseball Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Wednesday is a big night for the swac. MVSU plays #1 Georgia Tech also. Hopefully the swac will have a good showing and come away with some W's.

Good Luck Jags and Delta Devils! :tup:

gramuntildeath said:
:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

:swink: :swink: :swink: :swink: :swink: :swink: :swink: CLOWN I know who started the thread!!!!!!!!!!! Call it what you want and if I wanted to start a thread Z. Dunlap knowsssssss what he can do but thanks for keeping me abreast!!!!!!!!! SUCK U PEOPLE ARE KNOWN FOR THE EXCUSES WHEN IT IS NOT GOING YOUR WAY BUT WHEN WINNING OH WATCH OUT WORLD THEY ARE GOING TO LET THE ENTIRE U S OF A KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

GramUntilDeath (snickers) and clicks out of this thread for good!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD DAY
If you despise SU and it's people so damn much, why are you ALWAYS the first one to post on an SU thread? Why don't you keep your negative ass out of SU threads, since you never have anything good to say.

and btw, this is the SPORTS BOARD...take the bullschitt to the smack board.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Warndalyn said:
If you despise SU and it's people so damn much, why are you ALWAYS the first one to post on an SU thread? Why don't you keep your negative ass out of SU threads, since you never have anything good to say.

and btw, this is the SPORTS BOARD...take the bullschitt to the smack board.
MS. MODERATOR HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

Good luck to the Tigers and Devils this week. We all need to play o-o-c games like these.

JROCK said:
Minnesota downs Southern U 15-8. Southern relievers yield 11 runs......
Walks killed SU. 7 of the walks came around and scored. On a side note Uapb 6 Arkansas Little Rock 4. Congrats Uapb.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Walks killed SU. 7 of the walks came around and scored. On a side note Uapb 6 Arkansas Little Rock 4. Congrats Uapb.

:tup:

Kudos to UAPB........they took one from us in the best of 3. Looks like they are "coming up."

SU baseball signee, Greg Whitfield

DIAMOND STARS
Whitfield follows Lewis, Rankin to Southern
By JAMES JONES
JkJones@sunherald.com
When Southern University recruits South Mississippi for baseball players, good things usually happen.

The last two local players Southern signed became All-SWAC performers: outfielder Fred Lewis and pitcher Joe Rankin. Both played at Gulf Coast Community College before heading to Baton Rouge.

Biloxi third baseman Greg Whitfield, the Sun Herald's top-ranked college baseball prospect, plans to follow in their footsteps next year. He signed with Southern during the NCAA Fall signing period in November.

Southern was the only Division I school offering Whitfield a scholarship, and the senior is excited about getting an opportunity to play college baseball.

"I liked their coaching staff," Whitfield said. "I have a good relationship with them already. I also liked the players. They showed me around campus and how the program really worked."

Whitfield, who has seven homers this season, knows plenty about the perennial SWAC powerhouse. The Jaguars upset Southern Miss at the Hattiesburg NCAA Regional Tournament in 2003.

"I've always liked Southern's baseball program since I was in the eighth grade," Whitfield said. "Shortstop Rickie Weeks was playing for them at the time and became a high draft pick. I was hoping to get recognized by them."

With a 3.4 GPA and 18 ACT score, Whitfield has qualified academically to play as a freshman next year.

Whitfield hoped one of the in-state Division I schools would express interest, but they all overlooked him.

"I was expecting a Mississippi school would recruit me, but it all worked out,"Whitfield said. "College baseball is so competitive. It's an honor to get this opportunity."

Headed to Starkville

Ranked No. 2 in South Mississippi is George County catcher Brent Tanner, a Mississippi State signee. Tanner also signed during the fall period.

Tanner is the latest family member to attend Mississippi State, choosing the Bulldogs over Southeastern Louisiana.

"Half of my family went to Mississippi State," Tanner said. "They're really excited for me. I already knew the campus and loved it. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the SEC."

Mississippi State coach Ron Polk is pleased with Tanner's signing. He's the first area player to sign with the Bulldogs since Picayune pitcher Justin Pigott in 2003.

"Brent will be a great addition to our university and baseball program," Polk said. "He has impressed many coaches in the state of Mississippi with his receiving and hitting skills."

Added Tanner: "It feels great to become the next Coast player at Mississippi State. I fit in pretty good at MSU. I already know some of their players.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/14210641.htm

Re: SU baseball signee, Greg Whitfield

major095 said:
With a 3.4 GPA and 18 ACT score, Whitfield has qualified academically to play as a freshman next year.

God bless him! :tup:

Welcome to Southern University and A & M College baby!!! :jump:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
"PVU"

I noticed something.....is Louisiana void of baseball talent? I notice SU goes out-of-state to get most of their players. One kid who plays for Barbe in Lake Charles was recruited by Southern but caught the midnight train to Texas instead for next season....

no wonder the SU-PV rivalry is intense because of each school dipping into the other's state

the band fan said:
"PVU"

I noticed something.....is Louisiana void of baseball talent? I notice SU goes out-of-state to get most of their players. One kid who plays for Barbe in Lake Charles was recruited by Southern but caught the midnight train to Texas instead for next season....

no wonder the SU-PV rivalry is intense because of each school dipping into the other's state

:topic:

While you over here being messy, you just make sure y'all have everything laid out for me this weekend for PV Relays.

the band fan said:
"PVU"

Dude you so funny. You really want PVU to be important don't you.:lol: You got 1 from the Boot. SU recruits nationwide.

nationwide? you mean regional....:lmao:

we got the 1 and only player from the Boot...locked him up under BRey's nose.....

we also put the lock on Texas also.....you might be forced to stay nationwide....let me call a PV grad and see if they have more kids for you like the Andersons...

NAME HT/WT POS/EVENT(S) Year/Class Hometown/High School/Last College
Anderson, Calvin 6-6/250 Infielder FR Seattle, WA/Seattle Prep
Anderson, Quailen 6-5/260 Infielder JR Seattle, WA//Bellevue CC

Barrett, Christopher 6-3/210 Pitcher RS SO Escondido, CA/Escondido
Beckwith, Dustan 6-2/240 Infield FR Prairieville, LA/Dutchtown
Benham, Christopher 5-9/180 Outfield RS FR Blue Springs, MO/Blue Springs
Binns, Maurice 6-4/260 Infield JR Chicago, IL//Pheonix CC
Brooks, Sherrod 5-9/175 Pitcher FR Texarkana, AR/Arkansas
Campbell, Christopher 6-0/205 Infield RS FR Abbeville, LA/Abbeville
Castello, Craig 6-0/190 Pitcher SR West Feliciana, LA//Wallace B. Dalton CC
Clark, Darren 6-1/180 Outfield SR Baker, LA/Baker
Clark, Kellen 5-10/220 Outfield SR Gainesville, GA//Southern Union CC
Coats, Demarcus 5-11/165 Outfield SR Texarkana, TX//Richland CC
Cox, Justin 6-0/200 Infield FR Irving, TX/Irving McArthur
Cox, Kevin 6-1/215 Infield SO Memphis, TN/Fairley
Cunningham, Steven 6-0/150 Infield FR Stone Mountain, GA/Marrist
Davis, Stephan 6-0/220 Infield FR Tampa, FL/Hillsborough
Donaby, Christopher 6-1/180 Pitcher RS SO East St. Louis, IL/Northview
Durocher, Daniel 6-0/180 Pitcher RS SO Denham Springs, LA/Denham Springs
Elliott, Cody 6-6/190 Pitcher JR Beaumont, TX//San Jacinto CC
Figueroa, Juan 6-1/200 Outfield RS SO Miami, FL//Jackson State
Filyaw, Jr., Gene 6-0/200 Infield RS JR Jasper, TX//Blinn JC
Franklin, Victor 6-4/200 Outfield RS FR Houston, TX/Cy-Fair
Frederick, Emary 6-0/175 Pitcher SR Deltona, FL/DeLand
Garth, Antonio 6-1/165 Pitcher JR Leland, MS//Mississippi Delta CC
Gause, Gerard 5-10/170 Infield/Outfield RS JR Des Moines, IO/Hoover
Gavion, Michael 5-10/165 Infield RS SO New Orleans, LA/St. Augustine
Grant, Jamal 6-2/195 Infield JR Toronto, Canada//Independence CC Henderson, Mitchell 5-11/165 Outfield/Pitcher FR Memphis, TN/Fairley
Hill, Derek 5-10/220 Infield/Pitcher FR Dallas, TX/Duncanville
Jackson, Jamaal 6-0/225 Infield RS SO St. Louis, MO/Lutheran North
kirk, Joshua 6-5/195 Pitcher RS JR Rancho Cucamonga, CA/Ontaria

Lovelace, Adam 6-2/190 Pitcher JR Monocks Corner, SC//Bossiere CC
Maloy, Jarrett 6-1/165 Pitcher FR Tallahassee, FL/Lincoln
Marrero, Dominick 5-9/160 Pitcher RS SO New Orleans, LA/St. Augustine
McCollum, Jeffrey 6-3/215 Pitcher RS SO Covington, TN/Covington
McCurnin, Christopher 6-1/200 Catcher RS FR Zachary, LA/Zachary
McDavid, Chris Brad 6-3/210 Infield RS FR Zacharie, LA/Zachary
McGhee, Nicholas 6-2/210 Pitcher RS JR Alexandria, LA/Peabody
Merritt, Roydrick 6-0/180 Outfield/Pitcher JR Houston, TX//Sam Houston State
Moore, Marcus 6-3/165 Pitcher RS SO Sugar Land, TX/Hightower
Morton, Edmond 5-10/190 Infield RS FR Vacherie, LA/St. James
Mujica, Juan 5-11/185 Outfield FR Caracas, Venezuala/La Salle Reid, Sherman 5-10/165 Outfield FR Baltimore, MD/Baltimore Prep
Revis, Brandon 5-10/160 Infield JR Houston, TX/Forest Brook
Rios, George 5-10/180 Infield JR Miami, FL//Miami Dade CC
Scott, Matthew 6-3/195 Pitcher JR Houston, TX/Westfield
Shepard, Jeremiah 6-2/180 Pitcher JR Kilgore, TX//Texarkana CC
Smith, Daniel 5-10/195 Catcher JR Chicago, IL//South Suburban CC
Spann, Mario 6-1/190 Outfield JR Baton Rouge, LA/Central
Spriggs, III, Taylor 6-3/200 Catcher JR Kansas City, MO//Jefferson College
Teagle, Jamaal 5-11/170 Outfield FR Ellenwood, GA/Stockbridge
Terry, Tavon 6-0/190 Infield FR Baltimore, MD/Baltimore Prep

Torregano, Miles 6-0/220 Infield/Catcher JR New Orleans, LA/De La Salle
Ycoy, Theodore 5-10/210 Pitcher RS SO Los Angeles, CA/Locke

the band fan said:
nationwide? you mean regional....:lmao:

we got the 1 and only player from the Boot...locked him up under BRey's nose.....

we also put the lock on Texas also.....you might be forced to stay nationwide....let me call a PV grad and see if they have more kids for you like the Andersons...

Yall aint got Texas on lock. We got the inside track on several Houston kids for 07 and 08. I know that for a fact. SU ties are a mother.

He just wants PV to feel important. It wasn't that long ago nobody from pv wouldn't even think about baseball and those 30-3 defeats. TBF, if ya wanna do something, go over there to the 'other board' and defend your school and your schedule......

and your starting lineup consists of 3 Texans and a catcher we recruited who could not make the final roster...going nationwide means nothing if they aren't playing...our Californians are starters...

as for Houston talent......yall get the third round of kids after we determine if they are ready to play...come on JR....the top kids who are black ain't considering SU from the jump...the top black baseball academy in Houston is 20 miles from PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back