No Ed Reed After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoroughly agree. The only time Coach Prime got close to being out of control was the alleged jewelry theft. However, he never used profanity. Reed needs to be able to be a listener in this situation. The guy with him needs to be Reed's coach during any media settings until he can get it under control.
Ro Parrish is/was a host on NBATV. He should know better.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
rollercoaster GIF

Interesting to witness.

Truth has never mattered when the delivery is trash. I wish Reed the best of luck but a man who cannot control his mouth... Man

My parents are products of HBCUs. My wife and I along with my kids also graduated from one. So, I have a perspective from 3 generations and 3 different schools. They need to close them all. It is all the same with these institutions, they do not accept change very quickly. Most of them are run like when my parents attended. My parents had no choice. Whatever situation you found you had to deal with it because you could not go anyplace else. The substandard living environment and verbal and sometimes physical abuse were common. With my parents, you could take it as character builders but the world has changed. These kids today have more choices. With the rising cost of college, the kids are to the point of being better off not going to college at all let alone an HBCU. They are not the first in their family to go to college. They don’t come from the Ghetto with single-parent homes. Because of social media, they are more informed and connected than ever before. HBCUs cannot and in most cases will not adjust to these changes. They need to be like the Negro baseball leagues of the past, something you read about or have ceremonies about once or twice a year.

My parents are products of HBCUs. My wife and I along with my kids also graduated from one. So, I have a perspective from 3 generations and 3 different schools. They need to close them all. It is all the same with these institutions, they do not accept change very quickly. Most of them are run like when my parents attended. My parents had no choice. Whatever situation you found you had to deal with it because you could not go anyplace else. The substandard living environment and verbal and sometimes physical abuse were common. With my parents, you could take it as character builders but the world has changed. These kids today have more choices. With the rising cost of college, the kids are to the point of being better off not going to college at all let alone an HBCU. They are not the first in their family to go to college. They don’t come from the Ghetto with single-parent homes. Because of social media, they are more informed and connected than ever before. HBCUs cannot and in most cases will not adjust to these changes. They need to be like the Negro baseball leagues of the past, something you read about or have ceremonies about once or twice a year.
Gawwwwwwwddddddd damned!!!!!!

*putting talcum powder in right and left hand AND on my right foot!*

Most won't have the courage to say this, but many agree with you.

Black students are voting with their feet.

From what I read recently, nine out of ten Black college students choose to go elsewhere.

"Be not dismayed", while the sounds of ignorance may be deafening at times more and more of our people are becoming intellectually aware. There are pockets growing all over the country. Sane and logical Black People are on our way back.

Do you want to call for the extermination of black folks next?

The same issues exist elsewhere, even at PWIs that are well funded, but HBCUs get more criticism because they serve a people that are loathed by others and unfortunately because they are under the watchful eye of other blacks full of self-loathing sentiment.

When College Dormitories Become Health Hazards​

Putting up with dinginess is a rite of passage for many college students. Some have had to endure far worse.

1. Annemarie Cuccia saw the black mold spread through rooms in her dormitory — five on her floor in a span of about two weeks last September. Soon she spotted some mold in her own room as well, growing on walls and furniture.

Ms. Cuccia, now a sophomore at Georgetown University, and her roommate told a maintenance worker about the mold, and workers came to clean it off a few days later. But her problems did not end there.

2. Not long after Sarah Melton moved into her University of Oklahoma dormitory last fall, she came down with a rash, headaches and cold symptoms. Soon she was having mood swings.

By November, she had withdrawn from the university and tested positive for mold poisoning. She has since transferred to a school in Texas, her home state, and said she was optimistic about the future. But she remains worried about any lasting effects of the problems she had while at Oklahoma.

3. Isabella Henderson, a junior at Brown University, said she had endured a host of problems in her dormitory, beginning with mold. In the late-summer heat and humidity, the walls would sweat and the ceilings drip, ruining books. The paint peeled, coming off the wall in foot-long strips. Ms. Henderson said she developed a heat rash and could not walk without pain.

Now this is just a shame! We should shut these PWIs down and read about them in history books like how we do when we read some black people believe the white man's ice is colder:
  • Maryland’s College of St. Mary had to relocate 239 students after mold was found in two dorms.
  • University of Delaware had to close down one residence hall and the university’s fitness center after black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) was discovered there.
  • University of Louisville had to relocate 270 students after mold was found in several dorms.
  • University of South Carolina had to relocate some of the students in one of the women’s dorms after they developed respiratory problems related to mold.

Last edited:
I won't call for the closing of HBCUs but many will close down due to poor leadership, mismanagement and black people are integrated into the wider society in the U.S. Many black kids today who are going to college are educated in school districts with amenities that many HBCUs don't have. The lack of amenities and sometimes necessities like air conditioning in some dorms is unacceptable. A friend of mine's daughter when she was a freshman at Spelman had no AC in her dorm and this child isn't on scholarship. That's unacceptable! HBCUs have to rely on more than "we black" to attract black students today especially black students with options.

Also, if there are fewer HBCUs it might be better because then resources could be focused on a smaller number of schools. But a 100+ HBCUs in 2023? No way is that feasible.

I won't call for the closing of HBCUs but many will close down due to poor leadership, mismanagement and black people are integrated into the wider society in the U.S. Many black kids today who are going to college are educated in school districts with amenities that many HBCUs don't have. The lack of amenities and sometimes necessities like air conditioning in some dorms is unacceptable. A friend of mine's daughter when she was a freshman at Spelman had no AC in her dorm and this child isn't on scholarship. That's unacceptable! HBCUs have to rely on more than "we black" to attract black students today especially black students with options.
I always felt like that when it came to schools like the AUC schools and Howard that charge out the ass. AUC has improved but half them dorms definitely need to be torn down.

HBCUs have faced far significant and greater odds and threats than the reasons you just listed, and by the way stop pretending every HBCU is predominately black because they are not. HBCUs know how to adapt and overcome white supremacist, hostile legislatures and self hating black folks so nothing you typed is a real threat. HBCUs and their graduates are not knew to the game just because delusional PWI black graduates and self hating black folk think so.

Last edited:
Here is the thing, I am giving our Black youth more credit than Black people themselves. They can compete with anybody in the world. They have proven it on multiple occasions. I am constantly seeing kids from deprived environments excelling. Is everything all peachy at PWIs…no. I’ve been working at one for the last 19 years. I have seen problems. But the difference is how they solved them. They know how to come together and not let their egos get in the way of getting things done. Do not get me wrong, there are forces trying to prevent black youth from succeeding. This is America, this country is full of jerks. There are people who put obstacles in the way who identify as white, black, religious, non-believers, republicans, democrats…you name it, there’s a jerk in it. But I see on the news constantly how kids overcome all obstacles to get a full ride at some of the most prestigious institutions in the nation. So, what is the purpose of an HBCU? To let some old man, reminisce how good he was back in the day? In the case of Ed Reed and BCU, I find both wrong. For Ed Reed, BCU just did not pop up a few months ago. Schools like that including all HBCUs were having problems when he chose to go to Miami. He knew a school like that had its issues, that’s why he went to Miami. Now he wants to act shocked. He let his ego cloud his judgment. BCU and HBCUs are still doing the same things the same way and expecting to get different results…they call that insanity. When Jackson State hired Deon Sanders I said this is not going to end well. With both situations JSU and BCU, I knew egos were going to clash…it always does. If you’re not going to change in order to keep up in this ultra-competitive society then you are doomed to become obsolete. It is survival of the fittest…it’s called evolution.

HBCUs have faced far significant and greater odds and threats than the reasons you just listed, and by the way stop pretending every HBCU is predominately black because they are not. HBCUs know how to adopt and overcome white supremacist, hostile legislatures and self hating black folks so nothing you typed is a real threat. HBCUs and their graduates are not knew to the game just because delusional PWI black graduates and self hating black folk think so.
LAWD!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
HBCUs have faced far significant and greater odds and threats than the reasons you just listed, and by the way stop pretending every HBCU is predominately black because they are not. HBCUs know how to adopt and overcome white supremacist, hostile legislatures and self hating black folks so nothing you typed is a real threat. HBCUs and their graduates are not knew to the game just because delusional PWI black graduates and self hating black folk think so.
Mic Drop...

typical - you followed your parent's footsteps and kids followed yours and I assume you've lived pretty well thanks to HBCUs so just pull the plug and let others prosper?

again, PWC's don't do anything better - some are funded better so its easier to solve problems when you can money whip people and people run away when they get paid - Black folks and other minorities won't spread their ill wills at a PWC unless something major happens but will dog us out over the basics when a lot of the problems are brought up by themselves

HBCU's don't cater to egos and traditionally never do so what do you expect? When you hire an ego maniac it'll never end well

Do you want to call for the extermination of black folks next?

The same issues exist elsewhere, even at PWIs that are well funded, but HBCUs get more criticism because they serve a people that are loathed by others and unfortunately because they are under the watchful eye of other blacks full of self-loathing sentiment.

When College Dormitories Become Health Hazards​

Putting up with dinginess is a rite of passage for many college students. Some have had to endure far worse.

1. Annemarie Cuccia saw the black mold spread through rooms in her dormitory — five on her floor in a span of about two weeks last September. Soon she spotted some mold in her own room as well, growing on walls and furniture.

Ms. Cuccia, now a sophomore at Georgetown University, and her roommate told a maintenance worker about the mold, and workers came to clean it off a few days later. But her problems did not end there.

2. Not long after Sarah Melton moved into her University of Oklahoma dormitory last fall, she came down with a rash, headaches and cold symptoms. Soon she was having mood swings.

By November, she had withdrawn from the university and tested positive for mold poisoning. She has since transferred to a school in Texas, her home state, and said she was optimistic about the future. But she remains worried about any lasting effects of the problems she had while at Oklahoma.

3. Isabella Henderson, a junior at Brown University, said she had endured a host of problems in her dormitory, beginning with mold. In the late-summer heat and humidity, the walls would sweat and the ceilings drip, ruining books. The paint peeled, coming off the wall in foot-long strips. Ms. Henderson said she developed a heat rash and could not walk without pain.

Now this is just a shame! We should shut these PWIs down and read about them in history books like how we do when we read some black people believe the white man's ice is colder:
  • Maryland’s College of St. Mary had to relocate 239 students after mold was found in two dorms.
  • University of Delaware had to close down one residence hall and the university’s fitness center after black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) was discovered there.
  • University of Louisville had to relocate 270 students after mold was found in several dorms.
  • University of South Carolina had to relocate some of the students in one of the women’s dorms after they developed respiratory problems related to mold.
It's a sad time when one has to inform the willfully ignorant. Especially the coloreds who are cloaked as us African-Americans. 👀

HBCUs have faced far significant and greater odds and threats than the reasons you just listed, and by the way stop pretending every HBCU is predominately black because they are not. HBCUs know how to adapt and overcome white supremacist, hostile legislatures and self hating black folks so nothing you typed is a real threat. HBCUs and their graduates are not knew to the game just because delusional PWI black graduates and self hating black folk think so.
We know there are historic HBCUs that are no longer predominantly black. We also know some HBCUs that haven't adjusted their business model to account for desegregation. In other words, they aren't willing to put forth a product to attract the best of black America academically and athletically.

I refuse to make a disclaimer for every statement I make saying "this doesn't apply to all HBCUs." I'm not doing that.

We know there are historic HBCUs that are no longer predominantly black. We also know some HBCUs that haven't adjusted their business model to account for desegregation. In other words, they aren't willing to put forth a product to attract the best of black America academically and athletically.

I refuse to make a disclaimer for every statement I make saying "this doesn't apply to all HBCUs." I'm not doing that.
Who in the hell is we? If you suffer from a multiple personality disorder it would have been helpful to know that up front.

Last edited:
With the amount of money the schools in the AUC and Howard charge, they definitely should be able to at least provide decent dorm rooms. It costs 45k a year to go to Spelman, 41k a year for Howard. It's hard to convince me that they're not able to improve the dorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back