No Ed Reed After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda felt Roland was exploiting an unhinged man (Reed) for likes and web traffic.

Here are some things I think are getting glossed over.

1. Reed somehow got access to the campus WITHOUT having a signed contract and being an employee. Who told him to come on the campus without finishing the process?
2. B-CU's board didn't hold an emergency meeting to approve the contract prior to all of this? Also, where the hell was Ed's agent to oversee the contract negotiations?
2. Reed went off on his potential employers (regardless of how valid his arguments were) on IG Live, and somehow thought he was gonna get that job.
3. Reed presumably offered grants-in-aid (scholarships) to student-athletes WITHOUT being an employee of said university. He hosted recruiting visits WITHOUT being an employee of the university.
4. Whose protest is it anyway? Is there a list of demands? All I have seen, in my limited view, is fussing and saber-rattling. The Reed situation got co-opted by other actors?
5. Will this cause the NCAA, SACS and Ron DeSantis to take a look into what's going on, and are the stakeholders at B-CU really ready for the fallout from all of that?
What you're talking about is what a court of law might deem quasi contract if Ed were to sue for unjust enrichment. I don't think Ed would sue. Meaning the court can deem there to be a contract even when there's no contract. Ed giving scholarships, hosting recruits and their families, being on campus are all actions a court would use to find there was indeed a contract without a formal, signed contract because Ed was acting as an employee of BCU.

What you're talking about is what a court of law might deem quasi contract if Ed were to sue for unjust enrichment. I don't think Ed would sue. Meaning the court can deem there to be a contract even when there's no contract. Ed giving scholarships, hosting recruits and their families, being on campus are all actions a court would use to find there was indeed a contract without a formal, signed contract because Ed was acting as an employee of BCU.
Thanks for the explanation.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They had a Protest on campus lol. Seems deeper than folks wanting to talk about. Everyone keeps talking about how he said what he said but no one wants to talk about the fact that he seems to have been telling the truth.
That has been my point all along.

Some of the HBCU community are focused on HOW he said what he said. Gloating among themselves that getting rid of Ed Reed was the right thing to do. While ignoring there are real problems that need to be fixed.

Everybody else - including the enemies of HBCUs - are focused on WHAT he said. Knowing what he said is true. Knowing the sudstandard leadership that got the school into this situation are unlikely to change. They are only concerned about covering their ass, saving face, and continuing to draw a paycheck.

If BCU athletes are sharing helmets, have moldy football equipment, have to wash their own clothes, etc that is an issue for the SWAC and NCAA. I bet these other conferences have protocols for the cleaning and storage of equipment and uniforms especially after Covid.

I just don't know about some of you. You really thought BCU could jettison Ed Reed and his criticisms would be ignored.
Are you that dense or just looking for attention? That IS a FUNDING issue. BCU is a private HBCU and like most HBCUs their alumni base probably are not big on giving back.

Are you that dense or just looking for attention? That IS a FUNDING issue. BCU is a private HBCU and like most HBCUs their alumni base probably are not big on giving back.

No, it's a health issue. A health issue that is under the jurisdiction of the NCAA and SWAC since those two governing bodies sanction BCU athletics. But, I'm dense? You are so dumb and ignorant it's pitiful. I don't have the energy to teach you better.

The same folks on here who always chastise Black folks for being " too emotional" are supporting Ed Reed for literally being emotional err... "passionate" about B-CU despite him breaking a whole bunch of protocols and admittedly being unprofessional along the way.

You can't make this up.

Yeah Ed was acting emotionally by working without a contract. I wouldn't have done that. Ed means well and he needs media training. But, Ed isn't a liar. Ed is sincere which is why he can't stomach what he's seeing out of the leadership at BCU.

Last edited:
Yeah Ed was acting emotionally by working without a contract. I wouldn't have done that. Ed means well and he needs media training. But, Ed isn't a liar. Ed is sincere which is why he can't stomach what he's seeing out of the leadership at BCU.
Sincere.

Passionate.

All words to describe him as emotional.

You can't gloss over how the messaging was executed regardless of whether you believe him or not.

In those videos, he represented the university. So, yeah, the words he said, how he said them -- the presentation matters.

Calling staff members motherf---ers on camera. Saying the AD is evil. Using the n-word on social media while wearing BCU gear.

Emotional.

Instead of focusing on the issues at BCU, Ed Reed made it about him.

Those boys came to play "for me," he said. You can't do this to "ME"

"I" and "me" were said too much by him.

Sincere.

Passionate.

You can't gloss over how the messaging was executed regardless of whether you believe him or not.

In those videos, he represented the university. So, yeah, the words he said, how he said them -- the presentation matters.

Calling staff members motherf---ers on camera. Saying the AD is evil. Using the n-word on social media while wearing BCU gear.

Emotional.

I don't disagree with you. I do think this is a situation that required an Ed Reed. Being diplomatic and measured wasn't going to get the media attention to address BCU's issues. In other words, this situation required a famous, rich, high level ignutt igga.

The same folks on here who always chastise Black folks for being " too emotional" are supporting Ed Reed for literally being emotional err... "passionate" about B-CU despite him breaking a whole bunch of protocols and admittedly being unprofessional along the way.

You can't make this up.

"But he's a HOFer. He knows what it takes to get to the highest level"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't disagree with you. I do think this is a situation that required an Ed Reed. Being diplomatic and measured wasn't going to get the media attention to address BCU's issues. In other words, this situation required a famous, rich, high level ignutt igga.
Ed Reed could have accomplished everything he wanted without seeming like he was unhinged.

Deion did it. Guess he didn't care too much for the "blueprint."

The funniest thing about the 2-hour show was when the BCU president read the lyrics of the song that played in the background on one of the Ed Reed IG live videos.
I guess Reed figured he could do that because Sanders' theme music dropped N bombs (in mixed company) and everybody was okay with it.

Sincere.

Passionate.

Emotional.

Thoroughly agree. The only time Coach Prime got close to being out of control was the alleged jewelry theft. However, he never used profanity. Reed needs to be able to be a listener in this situation. The guy with him needs to be Reed's coach during any media settings until he can get it under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back