NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Kidd. :upset::upset:
Never was thrilled about that trade. :upset:

Congrats New Orleans. Spurs/Hornets series will be the most watched. Probably will go the distance.

It was a lateral move, but they weren't going anywhere before the trade either.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It was a lateral move, but they weren't going anywhere before the trade either.

The Mavs would've fared better than winning just one game. At least they would've had another shot blocker and rebounder in Diop and also a consistent outside shooter in Harris, who was already familiar with Avery's system.

The Mavs would've fared better than winning just one game. At least they would've had another shot blocker and rebounder in Diop and also a consistent outside shooter in Harris, who was already familiar with Avery's system.

The Mavs were flirting with missing the playoffs before that trade. Dallas was going nowhere this year, losing 4-1 or 4-3 is a meaningless difference. Whether Kidd was there or Harris was there, New Orleans was just a better team. While being a better shooter than Kidd (which isn't saying much), Harris was hardly a consistent outside shooter, he was more of a slasher. They missed Diop far more than they missed Harris. The problem with the Mavs, and why it was a lateral trade, is that they have no post game, in addition to being a worse defensive team than they were a year or two ago. They're a team full of jump shooters with no inside-out game, and you would have to look long and hard to find a jump shooting team that won a title.

The Mavs were flirting with missing the playoffs before that trade. Dallas was going nowhere this year, losing 4-1 or 4-3 is a meaningless difference. Whether Kidd was there or Harris was there, New Orleans was just a better team. While being a better shooter than Kidd (which isn't saying much), Harris was hardly a consistent outside shooter, he was more of a slasher. They missed Diop far more than they missed Harris. The problem with the Mavs, and why it was a lateral trade, is that they have no post game, in addition to being a worse defensive team than they were a year or two ago. They're a team full of jump shooters with no inside-out game, and you would have to look long and hard to find a jump shooting team that won a title.

How much difference would Devin Harris had made in the New Orleans series, considering he had a hard time stopping Baron Davis in the first-round last year? Chris Paul would have run him off the court the same way he ran Kidd of the court. I think the move was the right one at time. Dallas decided to go for it and it do not work. It's so easy to be critical of a move after it fails. I really did not think Dallas was going to the NBA Finals even if they did not make the trade because the team is not athletic enough to handled teams that play up and down the floor in a short series.

Avery Johnson wanted Dallas to be molded into the image of the Spurs, but a lot of those players on the Mavs are old, "tweeners" or not unselfish players. That's why it failed in Dallas.

Boston vs Atlanta

Is anybody watching this game? This is a good darn bball game. I have to give Atlanta some mad props.

Re: Boston vs Atlanta

The Hawks are MESSIN up....darn it!!!!

I really dislike the Celtics....

Lakers all the WAY!!! LOL

Boston 93
Atlanta 96
4th QT 2:56

Paul Pierce fouled out on a bogus call.

I dont know who was dumber....the Hawks for not fouling....or the Celtics for that aweful shot...anywho...GO HAWKS!!!!

LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Game 7 in Boston.

I would have bet the house, truck, retirement, wife, and dog that this series wouldn't go 7 games at the beginning of the playoffs. Damn.

I dont know who was dumber....the Hawks for not fouling....or the Celtics for that aweful shot...anywho...GO HAWKS!!!!

LOL

I was cussin the whole time Boston was going down the floor... didnt ATL learn from MEMPHIS... yeah he missed it BUT they should have fouled.'

btw that had to be the most Black folks sittin courside I eva seen at a NBA game on tv lol

LOL

They should have had Sam Cassell in the game. Ronjo was like a deer in headlights.

I was cussin the whole time Boston was going down the floor... didnt ATL learn from MEMPHIS... yeah he missed it BUT they should have fouled.'

btw that had to be the most Black folks sittin courside I eva seen at a NBA game on tv lol

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Only in Atlanta. :lmao:

Atlanta has the worst fans in sports. They only show up when it is convient to jump on the bandwagon. They've done it with the Braves, Falcons and now the Hawks. I bet if Atlanta loses this series, it will be right back to sparce crowds at Phillips Arena.

Just my take, but ain't enough natives in the ATL. Too many folk grow up in other states and are raised to be fans of other teams.

I never really understood that myself. I have a friend who lives in Mississippi who is a Lakers, 49ers, Yankees, UNC basketball and Florida State football fan. Talk about being all over the place.

I never got how folks can be fans of multiple teams from different states.

I'm so glad I grew up in Chicago where I can drive past U.S. Cellular Field, Wrigley Field, Solider Field and the United Center within the city limits.

Just my take, but ain't enough natives in the ATL. Too many folk grow up in other states and are raised to be fans of other teams.

basically how it is...ATL is like the melting pot in the South....everybody from every other city wants to move to ATL as soon as they can lol... even alot of New Yorkers. ATL is the NYC of the SouthEast.

I'm so glad I grew up in Chicago where I can drive past U.S. Cellular Field, Wrigley Field, Solider Field and the United Center within the city limits.

not sure what this statement had to do with the first half. You can drive past Turner Field, the Ga Dome and Phillips within in the city limits and within minutes of each other. Phillips is basically next door to the Ga Dome and Turner Field is right down the interstate.

not sure what this statement had to do with the first half. You can drive past Turner Field, the Ga Dome and Phillips within in the city limits and within minutes of each other. Phillips is basically next door to the Ga Dome and Turner Field is right down the interstate.

I've visited the ATL before. That city has one of the cleanest train systems I have ever been on. Plus, the CNN building is almost right down the street from the GA Dome. The comment was in reference to how the city does not seem to embrace the local teams because a lot of the people are from different states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back