NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many postseason and NBA Finals appearances did the Mavericks accomplish before Dirk arrived? How many playoff series has Kobe won without Shaq?

This is so sad on so many levels. How many playoff series does Kobe have without Shaq, but with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker?!:lol:

How many rings does Kobe have period? He has THREE!!

How many rings does your playoff-less Bulls have post-Jordan? ZERO!!

This is so sad on so many levels. How many playoff series does Kobe have without Shaq, but with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker?!:lol:

1. Yes, Kobe has three. However, the Bulls have three more.

2. You wanna to talk about bad basketball players? Jordan was dragging Dave Corzine, Sedale Threatt, Will Perdue, Jo Jo English and Ed Nealy's sorry butts to the playoffs. And they were winning series, too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

2. You wanna to talk about bad basketball players? Jordan was dragging Dave Corzine, Sedale Threatt, Will Perdue, Jo Jo English and Ed Nealy's sorry butts to the playoffs. And they were winning series, too.

What series did Jordan win with just those players?

Kendrick the bulls reloaded for Micheal after the first three. He had Scottie Pippens who would have taken them to the Finals if they would have called one foul on the Knicks..
Kendrick He had BJ and Paxon shooting threes, Horance Grant on the first title..Then he got Rodman,Kucos, and Ron Harper with Steve Kerr shooting wide open jumpers. Man Pippens was the glue..
Those mofos was scoring 50 points each in games. You had to triple team Mike and double Scottie..Everbody else was wide open...

Then you had the Jordan Rules to boot...You comparing that to Smush parker,Kwame no hands brown a host of rookies and Lamar odom...LOL are you serious.

we had this debate before and Krause(sp) kept good personell...

Man Kobe has got to be great to drag that band of loser he had to the playoffs..I mean dallas and phoenix have been stacked...And greg Pop old Lawrence fishburn face arse is like the bulls. He reloads and finds great role players to go with three alstars...Dallas had two alstars, phoenix had two and the lakers had Kobe...SMH at the hate man...

Man Kobe has got to be great to drag that band of loser he had to the playoffs..I mean dallas and phoenix have been stacked...And greg Pop old Lawrence fishburn face arse is like the bulls. He reloads and finds great role players to go with three alstars...Dallas had two alstars, phoenix had two and the lakers had Kobe...SMH at the hate man...

I give you the 1984 Chicago Bulls.....

Michael Jordan
Quintin Dailey
Steve Johnson
Dave Corzine
Wes Matthews
Dave Greenwood
Rod Higgins
Sidney Green
Ronnie Lester
Wallace Bryant

This team made the playoffs with Kevin Loughery as their coach.

I give you the 1984 Chicago Bulls.....

Michael Jordan
Quintin Dailey
Steve Johnson
Dave Corzine
Wes Matthews
Dave Greenwood
Rod Higgins
Sidney Green
Ronnie Lester
Wallace Bryant

This team made the playoffs with Kevin Loughery as their coach.

Dude, who couldn't make the playoffs with a record of 38-44 ? To add to that, the lowly Bulls lost in the FIRST round after winning only ONE game.

I wonder why you left this bit of info out of your diatribe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1985.html

Dude, who couldn't make the playoffs with a record of 38-44 ? To add to that, the lowly Bulls lost in the FIRST round after winning only ONE game.

I wonder why you left this bit of info out of your diatribe.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1985.html

The year before Jordan was drafted the Bulls won 27 games.

Yes, the Bulls lost in the first round...To the Boston Celtics with Bird, McHale and Parrish on the roster. One of the greatest teams in the history of the NBA.

You and others act like the 2005-06 Suns were a juggernaut or something that had been winning countless titles. The Suns only won 7 more games than the Lakers did that season. The Celtics won 25 more games than the Bulls in 1984.

I wonder why you left that out?

Yes, the Bulls lost in the first round...To the Boston Celtics with Bird, McHale and Parrish on the roster. One of the greatest teams in the history of the NBA.

You and others act like the 2005-06 Suns were a juggernaut or something that had been winning countless titles. The Suns only won 7 more games than the Lakers did that season. The Celtics won 25 more games than the Bulls in 1984.

Dude, you lied and said Jordan won with those players. Here's your quote::lol:

You wanna to talk about bad basketball players? Jordan was dragging Dave Corzine, Sedale Threatt, Will Perdue, Jo Jo English and Ed Nealy's sorry butts to the playoffs. And they were winning series, too.

:smh::smh::smh:

Dude, you lied and said Jordan won with those players. Here's your quote::lol:

:smh::smh::smh:

Yes, Jordan did win playoff series and NBA titles with some of those players. Will Purdue and Ed Neely were part of the 1993 title team. Corzine and Threatt and Jo Jo English were contributors to teams that made the playoffs and advanced in the postseason. I did not lie. It's a fact.

Yes, Jordan did win playoff series and NBA titles with some of those players. Will Purdue and Ed Neely were part of the 1993 title team. Corzine and Threatt and Jo Jo English were contributors to teams that made the playoffs and advanced in the postseason. I did not lie. It's a fact.

Okay, dude, I'll let you off the hook by changing the subject.

Great win San Antonio!!

Where is Jax..Man please predict the Lakers to Lose...LOL

Dallas has no ans for the NEw Orleand Hornets..

Sissy arse Dirk and broke shot arse ,old arse Jason Kid...Man the Mavs were better of keeping the young talent...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Where is Jax..Man please predict the Lakers to Lose...LOL

Dallas has no ans for the NEw Orleand Hornets..

Sissy arse Dirk and broke shot arse ,old arse Jason Kid...Man the Mavs were better of keeping the young talent...

Jax is real pissed right now. :upset: This makes no sense. I'll give N.O. credit, the came in(like J Kidd said) and took care of home. Now Dallas needs to do that and win game 5 in New Orleans. Pretty much the same thing Miami did Dallas in the Finals of 2006. Sounds like a tall order but it can be done.

Its gut check time now.

Lastly...Lakers may win the first round...but not the second. :swink:

The series will change once it gets to Dallas. It will probably be 2-2 going back to New Orleans.

So after watching games 1 and 2 you don't think New Orleans can atleast take 1 in Dallas?..lol

Yall go on ahead and keep sleeping on New Orleans...lol

Kendrick, they played the Bucks...

Now, in 1986 they played the Celts...

The Mavs will embarrass themselves for another year.

The got the ****tt beat out of them last night and now they have no will to win.

Ousting Kidd would be ultimate payoff for Scotthttp://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8063704?MSNHPHMA

by Ian O'Connor

Updated: April 23, 2008, 1:35 PM EST 97 comments add this RSS blog email print On the afternoon of May 26, 2002, I thought Byron Scott was a complete joke. His New Jersey Nets had just blown a 26-point lead to the Boston Celtics in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals, had just staged the biggest playoff collapse in NBA history, and these were Scott's two strategic moves in response:

1) He slept until 11 a.m.

2) He canceled practice at 11:30 a.m.

Coaches are supposed to do a lot of things after their teams choke, but sleeping in and rewarding their players with a paid holiday are not among them.

With the Celtics holding a 2-1 series lead, I thought Scott was hopelessly overmatched. I figured this would be the day that ultimately cost him his job, a notion hardened by the confession of one of his stars, Kenyon Martin, who was already talking in the past tense.

"It feels like we lost the series," Martin said.

Somehow, some way, his wasn't a self-fulfilling prophecy. The Nets won Game 4, Game 5 and Game 6.

Scott declared himself as a head coach right then and there. He didn't care that he'd be ridiculed for giving his players a mental health break in the wake of the Game 3 disaster, and for publicly admitting he repeatedly hit the snooze button rather than rise before dawn and watch that horror film of a tape.

Scott felt the pulse of his devastated team. He thought it needed love, not war, and his choice landed a practical joke of a franchise in the middle of its first NBA Finals.

The New Orleans Hornets hold a 2-0 lead over the Dallas Mavericks because Scott's young point guard, Chris Paul, is embarrassing Scott's old point guard, Kidd, who had ordered Nets president Rod Thorn to dump his coach in a different life.

New Jersey missed the playoffs with a 34-48 record after six consecutive trips because Kidd put his own agenda a country mile ahead of his team's. He wanted to play with Kobe Bryant last year, then decided he would stand a better chance with Dirk Nowitzki this year. It looks like the worst kind of bet. Not only is Kidd facing an early exit, but Scott is the one bum-rushing him out the door.

But Kidd got his way and installed his man, Lawrence Frank, who hadn't made it out of the second round before he finished 14 games under .500 this year.

Frank and Eddie Jordan were the Nets assistants said to do much of the heavy lifting, with Scott merely in charge of dressing the part. Only now, Frank and Jordan are hurting in the lightweight East while Scott is living large in the wild, wild West.

If it's true that Kidd did what he did to Scott, then perhaps he deserves what he's getting, as does Kenyon Martin. It's interesting that they were the TWO stars traded or let go by the Nets, while Carter and Jefferson are still there.

Scott has proven himself to be a quality NBA coach and gets my vote for coach of the year.

49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

No comments yet??!!:emlaugh: My, my, my, how the some folks get quiet after such and such player puts on an MVP performance. Is that a coincidence or what? :emlaugh:

Oh, one more thing, add ten assists to the 49.:swink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back