Here are the 37 applicants for the UAPB football head coaching job

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ could win at UAPB or at Valley. He would get them at least winning seasons. Valley should get him. If he gets them 7-4 back to back seasons for three to four years it would change their program.

I mean no disrespect in saying this, but what the hell is a "recycled coach"? That is one of the dumbest terms I've ever heard anyone use. What is the difference between a recycled coach and a recycled accountant? It is not uncommon for a coach (who is in the business of coaching) to have a resume of previous COACHING jobs. Who the hell wants to hire a coach who has never coached before. Why would anyone want to hire an accountant to lead the accounting department without any previous experience?

SMH

Kenn, folks forget that coaching is a job. You either get fired, resign, or retire. I never understood that either. What is a dude supposed to do sit at home and be a Monday morning coach.

I mean no disrespect in saying this, but what the hell is a "recycled coach"? That is one of the dumbest terms I've ever heard anyone use. What is the difference between a recycled coach and a recycled accountant? It is not uncommon for a coach (who is in the business of coaching) to have a resume of previous COACHING jobs. Who the hell wants to hire a coach who has never coached before. Why would anyone want to hire an accountant to lead the accounting department without any previous experience?

SMH

Hell they trade coaches around in FBS and NFL all the time. We actually are not as bad as they are.

Hell they trade coaches around in FBS and NFL all the time. We actually are not as bad as they are.
Exactly. Folks also fail to realize that not all coaches are equipped to coach at an HBCU. It ain't for everyone. And everyone ain't jumping at the chance to coach at one either. And I - at the very least - respect the fact that there are some in the industry who have realistic expectations of what it takes to coach at an HBCU. Why would a school want to hire a coach who isn't interested in coaching for them?

Exactly. Folks also fail to realize that not all coaches are equipped to coach at an HBCU. It ain't for everyone. And everyone ain't jumping at the chance to coach at one either. And I - at the very least - respect the fact that there are some in the industry who have realistic expectations of what it takes to coach at an HBCU. Why would a school want to hire a coach who isn't interested in coaching for them?

A school is likely only going to get a coach who was either fired from somewhere else or is inexperienced. It's rare that a school hires a turn-key coach.

That list looks like a bunch of recycled coaches......Some were fired....some out of work......some are still asst coaches......all of them with the exception of Chris Dishmen worked in the SWAC in some fashion ......... ALvin Wyatt STILL WEARING THOSE 1970 outfits......

I personally think the list is trash.

SMH

Recycled accountant? Lord
A recycled coach is one that had a chance....

A guy like Alonzo Hampton might get over looked. Sometimes I am not sure in this league if you wanted the personality of Defensive HC or an Offensive-minded HC.

SMH

IMO, a recycled coach is one who got fired from a previous job for not winning and ends up at another college as a HC (i.e., Eley at Alabama State).

I ain't mad at the coaches for going after jobs. Some of our programs just need to get serious about turning our programs around.

Recycled does not apply to most fields. like accounting...
Why should it apply to any field at all? If a coach is indeed a coach, then why is it so hard to accept that fact that within the industry coaches go from one job to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back