HBCU Sports Live: The pettiness of Jackson State Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened at the schools in DFW happened. I wouldn’t necessarily put that on Deion because he wasn’t an administrator, but reading about his behavior is some of those situations is pretty much an indicator about what’s to come at JSU. We’ll see how his fans defend him when he pushes his fist into the throats of some of the administrators he has a disagreement with.

Yes, Deion Sanders knows that the Celebration Bowl exists. But that doesn’t mean its the only one he thinks should exist for HBCUs.
Some of us knew his position w/out a second article re-articulating his position.

As w/ his first statement, I still agree. Now is the time to "strike" (pun intended) and poise for a notoriety take-over which should send semblances of shivers through the historical mainstream.

Some of our "people" see some of us who are brutally radical lol as we attempt to sit at the front of the bus where we belong. Those "people" will be the ones who will verbally say "sat down and enjoy da' ride back hur. dwight mann is good mane tah us'n." They are also the ones to physically try to restrain us

Do your own math, JSU.

Some of us knew his position w/out a second article re-articulating his position.

As w/ his first statement, I still agree. Now is the time to "strike" (pun intended) and poise for a notoriety take-over which should send semblances of shivers through the historical mainstream.

Some of our "people" see some of us who are brutally radical lol as we attempt to sit at the front of the bus where we belong. Those "people" will be the ones who will verbally say "sat down and enjoy da' ride back hur. dwight mann is good mane tah us'n." They are also the ones to physically try to restrain us

Do your own math, JSU.

Agreed bro. Sad but true

I would love to have seen a JSU/Pv/Su/Gsu/Asu/Bcu/Famu etc bowl game yesterday instead of that MSU shyt.

Agreed bro. Sad but true

I would love to have seen a JSU/Pv/Su/Gsu/Asu/Bcu/Famu etc bowl game yesterday instead of that MSU shyt.

A competitive SWAC school in a bowl game. Yes sirrrrrrr.

Coach Prime will have JSU poised for dominance IC & OOC. We will see who looks dumb and silly yet again as the dust settles. Most speak from the standpoint of black emotionalism w/out an ounce of intelligence OR true competitivity in their dna.

Let me stop. I feel that old PV spirit all up in me today lol.

Somebody pass me the hot sauce & a good Vidalia onion for my chittlins & cracklin' cornbread.

Yes, Deion Sanders knows that the Celebration Bowl exists. But that doesn’t mean its the only one he thinks should exist for HBCUs.

He's doubling down on something he can't win, no matter what. He's being like 45 with this and will continue to talk this mess just to keep this crap on the boards.

Soooo ... is Coach Sanders negotiating on behalf of McClelland on these bowl things? Does that mean Deion’s the new commissioner?

What other FCS conference will send their non-playoff contender to a secondary SWAC tie-in bowl game? Ivy League? CAA?

would you all support that game with a qualifying other conference member/invitee if it’s not Hampton/NCAT/Tennessee State?

All this “vision” stuff sounds like talk unless there’s documentation to back it up.

Soooo ... is Coach Sanders negotiating on behalf of McClelland on these bowl things? Does that mean Deion’s the new commissioner?

What other FCS conference will send their non-playoff contender to a secondary SWAC tie-in bowl game? Ivy League? CAA?

would you all support that game with a qualifying other conference member/invitee if it’s not Hampton/NCAT/Tennessee State?

All this “vision” stuff sounds like talk unless there’s documentation to back it up.

I believe that's the purpose @Journalist ! To put the conversation out there so that we can begin the appropriate navigation to make this a reality. As it stands, the FCS is on the outside looking in regarding scholarships, bowl participation & revenue and more importantly, player exposure. It's time to at least begin the process of developing a vision on how to eliminate those aforementioned negatives. Just because some people can't see it yet, does not mean the vision is wrong. Perhaps some just need a new prescription for their lens.

I believe that's the purpose @Journalist ! To put the conversation out there so that we can begin the appropriate navigation to make this a reality. As it stands, the FCS is on the outside looking in regarding scholarships, bowl participation & revenue and more importantly, player exposure. It's time to at least begin the process of developing a vision on how to eliminate those aforementioned negatives. Just because some people can't see it yet, does not mean the vision is wrong. Perhaps some just need a new prescription for their lens.
Bewild has waited for this day a loooooooong time, cold.

Let us continue the course and maintain the faith.

Bewild has waited for this day a loooooooong time, cold.

Let us continue the course and maintain the faith.

It's our time @Bewildered ! I've waited for a long time to see this occur. We are in the beginning stages of a complete paradigm shift. As I said during the first announcement with Prime arriving, a rising tide lifts "ALL BOATS!" We can either ride this wave or get left behind. Simple as that!

Someone respond to Sanders that the classic games — Bayou Classic, Florida Classic, etc— served as bowl-game-like atmosphere. Sanders didn’t quite see it that way.

“No major money for teams or television exposure for the kids,” Sanders tweeted. “Lets think big.”

has he been to those games? That's bigger than those whatever bowl games that pay less on ESPNU or CBS Whatever. The Florida Classic is the only FCS game shown live on a Saturday on a ESPN Network station. Any other Saturday ESPN game is tape delayed. Bayou Classic speaks for itself. State Fair Classic is legit - Southern Heritage - need I go on? Only difference is we don't drag it out over a 3-day period due to the regular season

Go on and invite us to those bowl games - we gotta hit a minimum ticket requirement and damn near go broke making sure we take the bands.

send him this story - https://www.athensnews.com/news/spo...cle_2497a064-a422-11e5-802f-bb683a6924a2.html

With the Ohio University football Bobcats heading to play Appalachian State at the Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, Alabama, this Saturday, some may be wondering what the total cost of the trip to the bowl will be, and how much reimbursement OU will get from the Mid-American Conference.
According to data on collegefootballpoll.com, the payout for each MAC team attending the Camellia Bowl this year will be $100,000, although Ken Mather, associate commissioner for media and public relations for the MAC, cautioned against putting much credence into online numbers. (The $100,000 is by far the lowest payout for any of the 40 bowl games this year, according to that website, with the second-lowest per-team payout the $325,000 set for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl game.)

We already know if he ever plays at Alcorn in November and the crowd is overflowing (which works at Alcorn) there will be the backroom talk of making sure the Capitol City Classic stays in Jackson permanently again to prove a point

has he been to those games? That's bigger than those whatever bowl games that pay less on ESPNU or CBS Whatever. The Florida Classic is the only FCS game shown live on a Saturday on a ESPN Network station. Any other Saturday ESPN game is tape delayed. Bayou Classic speaks for itself. State Fair Classic is legit - Southern Heritage - need I go on? Only difference is we don't drag it out over a 3-day period due to the regular season

Go on and invite us to those bowl games - we gotta hit a minimum ticket requirement and damn near go broke making sure we take the bands.

send him this story - https://www.athensnews.com/news/spo...cle_2497a064-a422-11e5-802f-bb683a6924a2.html

We already know if he ever plays at Alcorn in November and the crowd is overflowing (which works at Alcorn) there will be the backroom talk of making sure the Capitol City Classic stays in Jackson permanently again to prove a point
He's not really talking about the atmosphere, so to speak. He's talking about the payouts and the recognition we get to be able to receive those payouts. The Fla, Bayou, Magic City, Capital City, Classics doesn't qualify us to be able to receive those huge payouts from corporate sponsors like the bowl games. How many times have we discussed here how we had Janky Promoters stealing from our pockets on these classics? If we can get to the BIG MONEY from the bowls, we wouldn't have to deal with Janky Promoters.

lWlYtfrQDYt48WaeF-J_B9GTCYswHxKVz8dnDQaXxlcl4wAO_I-xYyfIs01hUIllZqIdUlQaVyEQwGZtOTrrpRaE6zBpSyOgBsH0L1C1aGgD5-SKQ-z0ai0wDf2EhqpcspcdWoQfqZ1WdQsgIOOmIW4JBewWg6eDmPY

I’m here for all of this. Keep the convo and momentum going. No need to demean each other. Keep us moving towards every bag we can get. Before I die, I want us to surpass these no name schools that have profited more than us off our people. If we build it, they will come. Then, we up our academics beyond our wildest dreams and bring our experts back into the fold. I wish we all had advocates with the influence Jackson has right now. As an outsider, I hope that Sanders is serving the better good of the HBCU community. Educating himself on the HBCU landscape is what any great practioner would do. Real talk. Hopefully he is around long enough to do so.

He's not really talking about the atmosphere, so to speak. He's talking about the payouts and the recognition we get to be able to receive those payouts. The Fla, Bayou, Magic City, Capital City, Classics doesn't qualify us to be able to receive those huge payouts from corporate sponsors like the bowl games. How many times have we discussed here how we had Janky Promoters stealing from our pockets on these classics? If we can get to the BIG MONEY from the bowls, we wouldn't have to deal with Janky Promoters.

lWlYtfrQDYt48WaeF-J_B9GTCYswHxKVz8dnDQaXxlcl4wAO_I-xYyfIs01hUIllZqIdUlQaVyEQwGZtOTrrpRaE6zBpSyOgBsH0L1C1aGgD5-SKQ-z0ai0wDf2EhqpcspcdWoQfqZ1WdQsgIOOmIW4JBewWg6eDmPY

You read the article? Send to him and read it when you can.

We ain’t going to the bowls that pay as they are contractually obligated with P5s. Some bowls will sell their souls to get an 8th place local SEC team. They ain’t gonna turn that down for a swac school

The major bowls that the pay real cash we ain’t going to. Getting an invite to the Bahamas Bowl for no pay to encounter a financial deficit on ESPNU ain’t helping anyone.

This man ain’t set foot in the heat of an hbcu financial battle yet and doesn’t even know the lay of the land at his own school. Let him talk after a fall where he can see how things operate. This dude tweeting from his suburban Dallas mansion whatever comes to his head lol

If Deion says change JSU to purple folks will rationalize it like its right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back