FAMU HBCU National Champs

FAMU can definitely make a claim. They have the best HBCU record, and the play in what is “currently” the best HBCU conference. Before some of you get uptight, please see the Challenge Game/Celebration Bowl results for more details.

I am not promoting collegiate teams to claim national titles, but it’s there choice and they can do whatever they want to do. I do wish FAMU could have proven this on the field. I would have picked them to win the Celebration Bowl this year no matter who they faced from the SWAC. NCA&T should win it again.

What is it with these Florida schools and claiming championships.
Unlike many parts of the south, those crazy ole Florida folks will stand up to the powers that be. UCF has a claim based on the non conference wins on the resume, and the wins that their non conference teams had over other teams. Most of all, claims are made when folks don’t get a chance to rightfully prove something. Florida folks aren’t scared to reach for the blue one while the red of the south reaches for the red one. It’s a different place. We need more states who will stand up and go against unfair systems.

FAMU can definitely make a claim. They have the best HBCU record, and the play in what is “currently” the best HBCU conference. Before some of you get uptight, please see the Challenge Game/Celebration Bowl results for more details.

I am not promoting collegiate teams to claim national titles, but it’s there choice and they can do whatever they want to do. I do wish FAMU could have proven this on the field. I would have picked them to win the Celebration Bowl this year no matter who they faced from the SWAC. NCA&T should win it again.
You can’t make the claim if you lose the last game you play.

no they cannot. Doesn’t matter their administration screwed up paperwork. So they were disqualified in a way. FAMU should be talking shut to everyone of their employees who did not do their job by ensuring documentation was correct.

What part of you can’t end the season with an L and declare yourselves national champions don’t you understand?

Nah...that would work if the Celebration Bowl was actually a National Title game...but it’s not.

The HBCU Title is left open for a ton of interpretation. If you look at body of work, FAMU is the best the team in HBCU football this season. For example, in 1993, Howard claimed the HBCU Title after losing their final game, SU won the Heritage Bowl...but Howard claimed the title. There’s precedent here.

Now, if you want to exclude teams like Hampton and Tennessee State from ever being in the HBCU Title y’all, then be all means, then yeah, the CB is your title game.

Nah...that would work if the Celebration Bowl was actually a National Title game...but it’s not.

The HBCU Title is left open for a ton of interpretation. If you look at body of work, FAMU is the best the team in HBCU football this season. For example, in 1993, Howard claimed the HBCU Title after losing their final game, SU won the Heritage Bowl...but Howard claimed the title. There’s precedent here.

Now, if you want to exclude teams like Hampton and Tennessee State from ever being in the HBCU Title y’all, then be all means, then yeah, the CB is your title game.

Howard went undefeated in the regular season and lost its only game in the FCS playoffs. FAMU not only had two losses but lost its last game and was ineligible for postseason play. You can't seriously suggest a team that was not even eligible to win its own league or participate in the postseason be national champions.

Howard went undefeated in the regular season and lost its only game in the FCS playoffs. FAMU not only had two losses but lost its last game and was ineligible for postseason play. You can't seriously suggest a team that was not even eligible to win its own league or participate in the postseason be national champions.
I absolutely am...the HBCU title has nothing to do with the postseason game or the NCAA. And we had a loss to UCF(no HBCU and very few FCS teams were winning that game) and one FCS loss...which ‘93 Howard had, in their last game as you argued previously.

But A&T who lost to 1-8 Morgan State in November can, right?
Man, you still on that? They playing for the Championship. You all are not. What you're trying to argue is like you masterbating to a picture of Janet Jackson and claiming her child is yours. "YOU WANST THERE!!"

Man, you still on that? They playing for the Championship. You all are not. What you're trying to argue is like you masterbating to a picture of Janet Jackson and claiming her child is yours. "YOU WANST THERE!!"

One: Not even close to the same thing

Two: I left it alone last week...y’all kept commenting on the thread

One: Not even close to the same thing

Two: I left it alone last week...y’all kept commenting on the thread
It is the same thing. You all claiming something that's not yours. But anyway.....Congrats on your hypothetical Championship and trophy.....I guess...

All this is coming from Willie Simmons

He does not respect the process or media of HBCU football

Ya'll are missing it. Simmons has a degree in Marketing. This is a strategic attempt to get more attention both HBCU football fans and Media on FAMU. Not mad at him.

That's not the lion's share of this at all
The man believes he's entitled and doesn't have to earn a thing.

Last edited:
FAMU won't let go of this notion guys. They'll bring their cubic zirconia rings to Greensboro this October in an effort to intimidate us at the coin toss like NCCU tried to do in 2017. But Sunshine ain't suiting up for them anymore, and they have a bunch of players in key positions to replace.

Besides, if Coach Simmons' time at PV is an indicator, his third year may most likely be a letdown.

This foolishness won't occur in 2020.

Back