Election Day 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Politico
Biden looks screwed even if he wins
By Ryan Lizza
Wed, November 4, 2020, 4:58 AM CST

This is not the outcome Democrats expected.
Despite many bold predictions of a rout in which Democrats gained (or re-gained) Trumpian red territory of 2016, as of early Wednesday only one state — Arizona — had flipped from red to blue. Six states remain outstanding: Georgia, North Carolina, Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
Assuming North Carolina and Georgia have slipped away from Biden — Georgia is not out of reach for him — and that Nevada remains blue, the best-case scenario for the former vice president is a 290-electoral vote victory. That’s more than George W. Bush achieved in his two successful campaigns (271 in 2000 and 286 in 2004), but fewer than Barack Obama (365 in 2008 and 332 in 2012) and Donald Trump (304 in 2016).
A win, of course, is a win. But if Biden is victorious, it will be under radically curtailed circumstances from what Democrats had assumed.

There are few hints in the 2020 results of a realignment akin to what Ronald Reagan achieved when he made Jimmy Carter a one-term president in 1980 and ushered in the era of modern conservatism. There is no sense that Biden has reformed and re-invented the Democratic Party to be more competitive the way Bill Clinton did in 1992, when he defeated George H.W. Bush. There aren’t yet hints that Biden has assembled a new coalition the way that Obama did in 2008.
Biden lost ground with Black voters and Latinos, though he gained some ground with white voters. Realignments are generally built around concrete ideas and specific policy platforms. But this campaign was always a referendum on Trump, rather than an affirmative endorsement of Biden and his agenda. That dynamic already cut against Biden claiming a strong positive mandate. He needed a crushing rejection of Trump to strengthen his case.
He also needed the Senate....

Hispanics are ones who’ll ride the fence and can break you thinking their your friend. They have proven since time began they’ll side with white despite all of the things they’ve lost to them back to the 1800 wars, etc.

Mysteriously they had a pipe burst at State Farm arena and that has slowed things
Latinos in Florida...mainly Cubans and Venezuelans....wish they were white.

Latinos in Florida...mainly Cubans and Venezuelans....wish they were white.

This is off topic, but I can recall a few years ago, I think it was back in the 1990s, when Venezuela picked a black woman in the Miss Venezuela beauty contest to represent the country in the Miss Universe beauty pageant. From what I remember reading the country of Venezuela (the ones who want to be white) was very upset about this. They said some pretty nasty thing about Venezuelan women with African features.

And I am not going to even mention the Cubans. But anyway, back to the topic.

Right now it is a 85% chance that Biden wins, it its a 15% chance that Trump wins. They might as well call Alaska because no democrat is winning that. It is only 2 ways that Trump can win a 2nd term and he has to win Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia. He must also win either Arizona or Nevada with Nevada being his best shot. There are 7 ways that Biden wins. He wins if he wins Pennsylvania. He also wins if he can win 2 of any of the remaining 5 swing states.

Biden
Arizona 60%
Pennsylvania 55%
Nevada 55%
Georgia 45%
North Carolina 35%

So I guess that you sue when you can't win. Biden is leading in every state that he needs to win. The race in Nevada is getting closer than I expected. I am also shocked at Georgia but looks like Atlanta might end the republicans winning the electoral vote but losing the popular vote. I am not going to jump the gun but Trump knows he loses this election that it is OVER for him, his family, and his business. I knew it was going to be easier to get rid of Trump than the GOP. It looks like HBCU circuit will bring Trump down.

Ironic if the urban areas can do it - maybe it was worth the Harris investment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back