Basketball Times

From what I witnessed, SU has good teams on both sides, but I still don't think either will win the regular season or tourney championships. Wins over TSU, GSU, and PV hardly classify the team as best in the SWAC. There is a LONG way to go.

I see SU's women having a tough time getting by Alcorn. I'll give SU a little more credit if they can ever find a way to beat Valley.

DAHILL said:
I watched the game on TV, GSU aint no AAMU. GSU has one scorer and he is a ball hog.
Your right,,GSU aint no AAMU,and he is a ball hog,,but you lost to Stillman :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
s phi s said:
From what I witnessed, SU has good teams on both sides, but I still don't think either will win the regular season or tourney championships. Wins over TSU, GSU, and PV hardly classify the team as best in the SWAC. There is a LONG way to go.

I see SU's women having a tough time getting by Alcorn. I'll give SU a little more credit if they can ever find a way to beat Valley.
Maybe we can get by Valley,,,MAYBE....Its to early to say SU is the best team in the SWAC....:nod2:

s phi s said:

SU women has ethier won or been in the finials of the tournament 4 out the last 5 seasons.

I didn't say they haven't. I said I don't think they will win either THIS season. They may be in the finals, but I don't see them winning it.

s phi s said:
I didn't say they haven't. I said I don't think they will win either THIS season. They may be in the finals, but I don't see them winning it.
Do you realize how much talent we have. Last season Ralonda Monroe got us to the finials by herself. This season she has plenty of help. Do yo want to make a friendly wagger.

Rolanda had 34 points last year in the finals. She didn't have help. Rasaan Powell was getting second chance points, and she played like as if she was just guarding herself, but Fredrecka is back, and she will not allow Rasaan get 30 points on her.

Jag-BR said:
Rolanda had 34 points last year in the finals. She didn't have help. Rasaan Powell was getting second chance points, and she played like as if she was just guarding herself, but Fredrecka is back, and she will not allow Rasaan get 30 points on her.
Fredricka 6-4, plus India Johnson 6-1, plus Ashton Jones 6-4.

LaToya Wily and Rasaan Powell. Powell STILL plays that game and she has help down low. Wily is a heck of a post player as well.

I know what you have. I have seen your squad this season on a couple of occasions. I have also seen the Alcorn squad. Yes you have talent, and so do they. I just don't see you beating them. You had talent on your football team, too. How far did that get you? No need for a 'wagger'.

s phi s said:
LaToya Wily and Rasaan Powell. Powell STILL plays that game and she has help down low. Wily is a heck of a post player as well.

I know what you have. I have seen your squad this season on a couple of occasions. I have also seen the Alcorn squad. Yes you have talent, and so do they. I just don't see you beating them. You had talent on your football team, too. How far did that get you? No need for a 'wagger'.
Only second in the west....:nod2:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Fredricka 6-4, plus India Johnson 6-1, plus Ashton Jones 6-4.
Ashton Jones is 6'3. I see, but S........LaToya Wily and Rasaan Powell will not do good against us, because Shalita Burns for JSU is 6'1 and scored 28 points on 6'2 Rasaan Powell, 6'5 Tina Huff, and 6'0 LaToya Wily. Fredrecka, Ashton, and Indi is not going to let them get points that fast on them. Once F.L gets comfortable inside, and Indi makes her shots, and Ashton gets experienced more than their is nothing better else to say, but SU will be dancing in March.

Y'all SU folks are crazy as hell if you think SU's mens basketball team is even on the same level of AAMU. We are still the #1 team in the SWAC, and it is no doubt in my mind that we will win the SWAC regular and tourney championships this season. Who wants to put money on it? Any takers?

Mr. SWAC said:
Y'all SU folks are crazy as hell if you think SU's mens basketball team is even on the same level of AAMU. We are still the #1 team in the SWAC, and it is no doubt in my mind that we will win the SWAC regular and tourney championships this season. Who wants to put money on it? Any takers?
:lmao: You lost to STILLMAN in your gym....And Montevallo beat Stillman the first time..

Mr. SWAC said:
January 21 please get here! :shh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
OnlySU said:
:lmao: You lost to STILLMAN in your gym....And Montevallo beat Stillman the first time..

until you beat us ..."shutdafucup".... and you hired a coach who took 3 asswhippins to us last year lol

DAHILL said:
until you beat us ..."shutdafucup".... and you hired a coach who took 3 asswhippins to us last year lol
Beat us in baseball..............And you LOST TO STILLMAN..:lmao:

OnlySU said:
Beat us in baseball..............And you LOST TO STILLMAN..:lmao:

who gives a damn about baseball ... this is a basketball thread

thats like me saying "beat us in volleyball"

aiight...let me step in here and tell it how it is. you see, my braves are at the bottom of the crab barrel so I can be a little more objective. regarding SU, spivery is doing what he does. he has a system that is predicated on having big men and though he doesn't realize it...shooters. he has both this year at southern. with peter and jarrid in the paint, defforest, and alexander on the outside, su will click and is a good bet to win the conference and the tourney titles. the problem that spivery had at bama state is that he couldn't recruit the big men that he need for his system to work and for some reason he doesn't believe he needs shooters. his system forces the ball into the paint and they try to make it from there but the only teams he had at bama state had someone who could fill it up from the outside. already at su he's grabbed a 6'10 center from puerto rico that's playing now and a 6'8 225 lb forward that's redshirting b/c of a knee injury, so maybe he's fixed that problem.

jsu may have the best coach in the conferece. anderson can coach and recruit and they're starting to see the return on that hire. they will be tough this season. they just lack depth inside w/ freshman caldwell being the only real threat.

a&m proved their metal last year and they recruited well. this season is different though b/c they now play with a bullzeye on their back. they'll get everyones best effort ( see grambling 84 points). so....swac basketball has improved. there are more good coaches iin the conference than there have been in many years and as our schools facilities continue to improve, more media attention (see bama state @ aamu on feb 12 ESPN2) recruiting will improve and so will the product on the hardwood.

major095 said:
aiight...let me step in here and tell it how it is. you see, my braves are at the bottom of the crab barrel so I can be a little more objective. regarding SU, spivery is doing what he does. he has a system that is predicated on having big men and though he doesn't realize it...shooters. he has both this year at southern. with peter and jarrid in the paint, defforest, and alexander on the outside, su will click and is a good bet to win the conference and the tourney titles. the problem that spivery had at bama state is that he couldn't recruit the big men that he need for his system to work and for some reason he doesn't believe he needs shooters. his system forces the ball into the paint and they try to make it from there but the only teams he had at bama state had someone who could fill it up from the outside. already at su he's grabbed a 6'10 center from puerto rico that's playing now and a 6'8 225 lb forward that's redshirting b/c of a knee injury, so maybe he's fixed that problem.

jsu may have the best coach in the conferece. anderson can coach and recruit and they're starting to see the return on that hire. they will be tough this season. they just lack depth inside w/ freshman caldwell being the only real threat.

a&m proved their metal last year and they recruited well. this season is different though b/c they now play with a bullzeye on their back. they'll get everyones best effort ( see grambling 84 points). so....swac basketball has improved. there are more good coaches iin the conference than there have been in many years and as our schools facilities continue to improve, more media attention (see bama state @ aamu on feb 12 ESPN2) recruiting will improve and so will the product on the hardwood.
:tup: Smart man. Whats your view on the womens side.

I think this goes by conference wins. I'm looking in the newspaper, and It says SU, Alcorn, and than MVSU. these 3 teams stand undefeated thusfore. :shh:

Back