2023 - 2024 Transfer Portal V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spent time this weekend at the Super 7 in Tuscaloosa this weekend. The only noticeable HBCU's that i saw was Tuskegee and Miles Colleges. There could have been others; however, that's who I witnessed. It's amazing that the PWI's are still staying the course of recruiting mostly high school players. The opposite is HBCU's are concentrating mostly on transfers. Miles and Tuskegee might be on to something.

There is a rumor that Miles could possibly be our homecoming opponent next season. From a financial point and attendance bragging it's great. However, Sam Shade and those Golden Bears will be a problem. In addition, this will be a very important year for Coach Maynor.

Spent time this weekend at the Super 7 in Tuscaloosa this weekend. The only noticeable HBCU's that i saw was Tuskegee and Miles Colleges. There could have been others; however, that's who I witnessed. It's amazing that the PWI's are still staying the course of recruiting mostly high school players. The opposite is HBCU's are concentrating mostly on transfers. Miles and Tuskegee might be on to something.

There is a rumor that Miles could possibly be our homecoming opponent next season. From a financial point and attendance bragging it's great. However, Sam Shade and those Golden Bears will be a problem. In addition, this will be a very important year for Coach Maynor.
If its Miles thats another sellout or close to it

When does our schedule usually come out? I need to make sure I'm in town and not across the world this year. I cut it close last year 😂 Made it back that Monday the week of homecoming
The schedule usually comes out in February when the signees are announced. However, right now the Miles game is a rumor.

Sanders has lost another to the transfer portal...

Looks like he's dipped in the portal with a replacement

17023998684468.jpg

Somebody help me out. I'm a little lost on the difference between the commitments vs the transfer portal thing. So does the commitment mean they are high school players saying they might sign vs the transfer portal folks saying they are at so so school mean they have already enrolled in that particular school? I understand the other transfer folks are on a wish an a prayer, but I see some transfer portal folks saying as an example it's been nice A&M. Alcorn I'm here. Thanks in advance for the clarity.

Somebody help me out. I'm a little lost on the difference between the commitments vs the transfer portal thing. So does the commitment mean they are high school players saying they might sign vs the transfer portal folks saying they are at so so school mean they have already enrolled in that particular school? I understand the other transfer folks are on a wish an a prayer, but I see some transfer portal folks saying as an example it's been nice A&M. Alcorn I'm here. Thanks in advance for the clarity.

I'll do my best to answer but you kind of lost me 😆.

Commitments - can be both high-school or college commits. They've committed to the university but not enrolled. This can be a verbal commitment or written commitment NLI (not to be confused with NIL)

Transfer Portal - only college student athletes can enter (not high-school related). Once a student athlete enter into the transfer portal that opens up the lines of communication between that student athlete and coaches only. This doesn't mean that the student athlete has transferred already.That student athlete can commit to another university while finishing up the semester at their previous university. Some get stuck in the transfer portal with no offers and remain at their previous school or stop playing all-together.

I don't know if that answered your question or not 🤔

I'll do my best to answer but you kind of lost me 😆.

Commitments - can be both high-school or college commits. They've committed to the university but not enrolled. This can be a verbal commitment or written commitment NLI (not to be confused with NIL)

Transfer Portal - only college student athletes can enter (not high-school related). Once a student athlete enter into the transfer portal that opens up the lines of communication between that student athlete and coaches only. This doesn't mean that the student athlete has transferred already.That student athlete can commit to another university while finishing up the semester at their previous university. Some get stuck in the transfer portal with no offers and remain at their previous school or stop playing all-together.

I don't know if that answered your question or not 🤔

I hear they are still under scholarship (if they received one) at their current school until they leave...right? So, their scholly can't be pulled...correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back