2023 - 2024 Transfer Portal V

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's lideb

That's life - but mulligan was supposed to play this guy was recruited as a backup and thrown into the fire
No he was not recruited to be a backup. The young man was recruited to be a QB. The coach chose his starter based on his own selection process.

Last edited:
No he was not recruited to be a backup. That's dumb, he was recruited to be a QB. The coach chose his starter based on his own selection process.
I think what he was trying to say is if Body doesn't go down Jace would have never seen the field. Maybe against Lincoln, but that is about it. Jace clearly is not a back-up quarterback though. He probably transferred from Furman because he is confident of that.

Last edited:
I think what he was trying to say is if Body doesn't go down Jace would have never seen the field. Maybe against Lincoln, but that is about it. Jace clearly is not a back-up quarterback though. He probably transferred from Furman because he is confident of that.
All I know is what he actually typed "this guy was recruited as a backup" and that's highly inaccurate bordering on turn your key board in. 😂

That's the million dollar question. Like I noted before it would depend on who the coach is which QB would have an edge based on the style of play he brings.

I wish we could keep them both and send one down to the minor league to play at pv until we need him.
We'll be that minor league program going for 15 straight victories over sTu. lol

W/ the help of our newly enlisted QB1, Mr Andrew Body. Perfect timing and we will have him for the next 2 years. :)

We'll be that minor league program going for 15 straight victories over sTu. lol

W/ the help of our newly enlisted QB1, Mr Andrew Body. Perfect timing and we will have him for the next 2 years. :)
What's your point? The General's beat the Globe Trotters sometimes. Even though, the Globe Trotters are still the draw, and the generals are still p.v., I meant the generals.

No he was not recruited to be a backup. The young man was recruited to be a QB. The coach chose his starter based on his own selection process.
McKinney is on record saying if body went down like what happened in 2022 he didn't want to be caught without a legit option behind him - wilson knew the situation when he transferred as body started without spring ball and limited work in the summer

McKinney is on record saying if body went down like what happened in 2022 he didn't want to be caught without a legit option behind him - wilson knew the situation when he transferred as body started without spring ball and limited work in the summer
Hey TT, how's things been? McKinney knew the deal. McKinney knew he was starting Body no matter what. I highly doubt Wilson knew that. If you don't remember McKinney acted like their was a QB competition. I remember when people were waiting to see who was going to be named the starter.

For the second straight spring, quarterback Andrew Body did not participate in football-related activities. He is making sure his right-throwing shoulder that was dislocated in the season finale is completely healed for the fall.
Besides, Texas Southern coach Clarence McKinney is fully aware of what Body is capable of.
Welcome to our new site design! We'd love to hear what you think about it.
Take A Survey
“We know what he can do,” McKinney said. “We’re trying to find the guy we can put in the game if something happens to him.”

As I said: He was not RECRUITED TO BE A BACK UP. You think a coach went in this young mans home sat in front of him and his family and said "We think you would be great as our backup QB"?

The article about is about finding his backup which could possibly be his starterf from the 5-7 QB's on the team at the time. This article is from april 2023. No one knew if Body was going to be able to play or not. Clarence made promises he wouldn't lose his position due to injury. Clarence was stating his commitment to his word in this article. As time passed people started to like Wilson in that QB 1 spot. Their was a little QB controversy over which QB should start. Clarence stayed true to his word and started Body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back