As Deion prepares to leave can the SWAC become a place where young coaching talent proves itself before moving on?

Please don't feel sorry for the back to back undefeated Swac Champions šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜† šŸ¤£

We will not get distracted from the fact we just beat y'all arse by 3 TDs

Deion needs to do more than win. At a P5, he gotta win CHAMPIONSHIPS! Otherwise, he'll get much hate and get fired. P5 coaches get paid too much money to just win, they gotta win the big games. P5 coaches get fired quick.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles the spotlight AND CULTURE at CU-Boulder in a dying PAC-12 conference. A lot of privileges he did at JSU won't fly at CU-Boulder.

Yes, he will have to win, but he will not have to win a Conference Championship within the next 4 years.

Year 1 will allow him a season to find out what Coaching in the P-5 ranks is all about. He will have, ā€œhis team but not his playersā€ and ā€œRome wasnā€™t built in a dayā€ cards in his hands. Winning 3 games and being competitive in some losses that could have been wins would be a step into the right direction for Coach Prime.

In Year 2, Colorado must show major improvements on the field. Pending on how things went his first season, winning 4-5 games will help him avoid negative reviews because they havenā€™t seen that many wins since 2019.

Year 3 will show where Coach Prime is in his process of building a winner. With 3 recruiting classes, Prime will have to land a Bowl Game. 6 wins can do that.

Year 4 has to be a 7-8 win season for Coach Prime not to be on the hit seat. If he does win 7 regular season games, he must win his Bowl Game to showcase a 8 win change. Thatā€™s something that hasnā€™t been done since 2016 at Colorado.

Year 5 and up will have to showcase Power 5 Football. Period!

With the PAC-12 dying, I think Deion has a chance to do some great things ahead. The PAC-12 isnā€™t going to be as tough as itā€™s been, and the conference needs a face. If he can surpass all of those things above, he will be the face of the PAC-12. Also, the Big 12 will welcome back Colorado with open & loving arms of things get too ugly for the PAC-12.

Oh yeah, if Coach Prime does turn things around at Colorado in just 2-3 years, he will not be in Boulder for year 4. He will be in Florida or Texas for sure.

Yes, he will have to win, but he will not have to win a Conference Championship within the next 4 years.

Year 1 will allow him a season to find out what Coaching in the P-5 ranks is all about. He will have, ā€œhis team but not his playersā€ and ā€œRome wasnā€™t built in a dayā€ cards in his hands. Winning 3 games and being competitive in some losses that could have been wins would be a step into the right direction for Coach Prime.

In Year 2, Colorado must show major improvements on the field. Pending on how things went his first season, winning 4-5 games will help him avoid negative reviews because they havenā€™t seen that many wins since 2019.

Year 3 will show where Coach Prime is in his process of building a winner. With 3 recruiting classes, Prime will have to land a Bowl Game. 6 wins can do that.

Year 4 has to be a 7-8 win season for Coach Prime not to be on the hit seat. If he does win 7 regular season games, he must win his Bowl Game to showcase a 8 win change. Thatā€™s something that hasnā€™t been done since 2016 at Colorado.

Year 5 and up will have to showcase Power 5 Football. Period!

With the PAC-12 dying, I think Deion has a chance to do some great things ahead. The PAC-12 isnā€™t going to be as tough as itā€™s been, and the conference needs a face. If he can surpass all of those things above, he will be the face of the PAC-12. Also, the Big 12 will welcome back Colorado with open & loving arms of things get too ugly for the PAC-12.

Oh yeah, if Coach Prime does turn things around at Colorado in just 2-3 years, he will not be in Boulder for year 4. He will be in Florida or Texas for sure.
Look at what the previous coaches inherited and the short leash they were given. He donā€™t win 5 games the first year and 5 the second, heā€™s gone.

It's about business. We all work because it's about business not personal. So is life. Everyone desires something. That's how it goes.
Thatā€™s the problem. Business is part of life, not the ā€œallā€. As a person, as a people, our heart and divine spirit are the prize. Secure that and everything else follows.

In five years, he will have made $25 million. More with his endorsements. Get them to win 7-9 games per season and he will get an extension.

Some websites have estimated that Deion's current net worth is around $40 million. So, basically, he has the potential to double or triple his net worth in five years.

People can say what they want, but I seriously doubt any of the folks complaining would turn down that opportunity for themselves. They want OTHER people to sacrifice themselves and their livelihoods for the sake of Black people. While almost everybody we know would leave their jobs for a $5000 - $10,000 raise in a heartbeat.

10k raise with taxes is barely $600 extra - not worth leaving for that

I guess the way it went down is rubbing folks the wrong way. I understand that part too.

I guess that Rob Jay Colorado joke ainā€™t so funny now. šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Look at what the previous coaches inherited and the short leash they were given. He donā€™t win 5 games the first year and 5 the second, heā€™s gone.

I think Deion can be ok in year 1 if he can some how put up 3-4 wins because of his name. They have been pretty bad for a while, so putting Deion in an early hit seat I can make their job extremely unattractive for the next available splash hire. I hear you on year 2, but I donā€™t think they would be rid of him after 2 years if he wins less that 5 games both year. If he goes 4-8 and 4-8 again, then year 3 would have to be a 7 win season along.

Man Deion taking the best 10 to 15 playersā€¦.man he donā€™t care about JSU.
what's he supposed to do? tell players who were good enough to play at the FBS level but came to JSU to play for him that they can't follow him to his new job at a FBS school?

Back