As Deion prepares to leave can the SWAC become a place where young coaching talent proves itself before moving on?

I'm thinking CU-Boulder is his FIRST GOOD OFFER! Yes, he's interviewed with a lot of schools but he's been rejected by a lot too.

His staff? He didn't do this for his staff. Watch how loyal he'll be too his staff once they get to CU-Boulder and they start losing. He gonna fire them so quick. And his players were already getting fiyah NIL deals at JSU so it's not that either.

Deion did this for himself first and foremost which again he's entitled to do but I wish he didn't pretend to care so much about JSU, HBCUs, and Jackson like he claimed. If he cared so much like he claimed, he would've never left this early. He would've gave at least 5 strong seasons
If anyone thought he was in it for the long haul in Jackson Mississippi of all places they need to be checked - this was about him getting a shot and Jackson State needing a shot in the arm - all that other stuff was talk unless he leaves behind the keys to the investors

Deion needs to do more than win. At a P5, he gotta win CHAMPIONSHIPS! Otherwise, he'll get much hate and get fired. P5 coaches get paid too much money to just win, they gotta win the big games. P5 coaches get fired quick.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles the spotlight AND CULTURE at CU-Boulder in a dying PAC-12 conference. A lot of privileges he did at JSU won't fly at CU-Boulder.
100% - we are in the same page you just said it in more words 😂

This is likely Coach Prime last game as a JSU Tiger. I hope ya'll Coach Prime cult followers got ya'll tickets. The Celebration Bowl will likely be coached by an assistant.

Good luck on the replacement. JSU has the worst ability to hire good and consistent football coaches so this should be interesting.

It’s too much money out here for any Coach to stay put. The world has changed into a very superficial place.

Not mad at any man for wanting better.

Not just too much money but these Power 5 coaches are getting huge guaranteed contracts. And, I'm thinking if Deion does well at Colorado he'll be gone in 2-3 years for a bigger job like Texas A&M.

Not just too much money but these Power 5 coaches are getting huge guaranteed contracts. And, I'm thinking if Deion does well at Colorado he'll be gone in 2-3 years for a bigger job like Texas A&M.
Exactly! I still see him ending up at a power 5 after Colorado.

As always it comes down to money. I wish him well.

I don’t take anything any coach says at face value. That being said, gonna be some folks mad at him simply because of what he said

Prior to the JSU gig, Deion gave no indication whatsoever that he was the least bit interested in supporting HBCUs so folks should've taken all of that talk with a grain of salt. Enjoy the ride but folks couldn't possibly expect that man to stay at JSU forever.

Naw he'll head back to the metroplex or Houston - but he'll be 60 or so then so this could be it

Prior to the JSU gig, Deion gave no indication whatsoever that he was the least bit interested in supporting HBCUs so folks should've taken all of that talk with a grain of salt. Enjoy the ride but folks couldn't possibly expect that man to stay at JSU forever.

They was just happy a celebrity chose to live in Jackson (or work there cause he didn't live there) amongst them so they felt Hollywood - they never prepared for this end but it ended as soon as he had a winning year 1

His agent is only doing what was told

Naw he'll head back to the metroplex or Houston - but he'll be 60 or so then so this could be it

Bro you're tripping if you think Deion doesn't have desires beyond Colorado. And, when he makes 60 what does that mean for Deion? Not much. Deion is not playing by the rules of coaches, regardless of race, who have had to pay their dues and work their way up. And, I don't mean that Deion is a lesser coach. I am just saying Deion is playing by superstar rules.

Bro you're tripping if you think Deion doesn't have desires beyond Colorado. And, when he makes 60 what does that mean for Deion? Not much. Deion is not playing by the rules of coaches, regardless of race, who have had to pay their dues and work their way up. And, I don't mean that Deion is a lesser coach. I am just saying Deion is playing by superstar rules.

He can coach at UH, TCU, SMU, etc - never said he'll retire

Emotions are for the weak. The fact that people don't understand America is a capitalistic society is scary. It's what America was founded on and what America will stand on. He came, he went. Now the question is what will the SWAC do to keep this train moving! Crying and being mad ain't gonna change nothing.

I have said this many times before, NO FCS and some FBS schools cannot retain the coaches that are in demand, because they cant compete financially. Ole Miss almost lost their coach to Auburn, Liberty did lose their coach to Auburn.

We have to enjoy our coaches while we have them.
:clap:
University of Houston knows this all too well.

Just to put my lil two cents in this, why aren't the folks going hard at the people breaking this news of where he's going like they went at the fine young gentlemen that broke the news of his hiring??

You mean black people. Our people are especially gullible.
It is not just Black people, Booker. SMH!! Lord have mercy!! Satan get thee behind me!!!

Lane Kiffin did the same thing to Tennessee when he left them and went to Southern Cal. Some LSU fans say the same about Nick Saban. I am not saying that just because white coaches lie to their fan bases that Black coaches should do the same. All I am saying is that don't act like Black people are the only ones that get lied to.

Deion said on national TV that he would entertain other offers and you still had folks saying he wasnt interested in Money and on a mission from God. I was like this sounds like them MAGA folks.
He and his staff has a right to do as they please. This is business as usual, but i feel bad for the young men that bought into the narrative of making history, doing it for the culture, your people. when they had Bigger and better offers. They come in build Primes resume he bolts. One thing he did do was help upgrade the facilities.

He and his staff has a right to do as they please. This is business as usual, but i feel bad for the young men that bought into the narrative of making history, doing it for the culture, your people. when they had Bigger and better offers. They come in build Primes resume he bolts. One thing he did do was help upgrade the facilities.
Well said. It's the deception of it all. He wasn't hurting for money, he didn't need the coaching job at JSU. He took it anyway with the intention of ditching them when the best "white" offer come along.

Had he stayed longer I really feel he could've easily built JSU to be better than most P5 schools including CU-Boulder. So many black people and corporations were buying in the program and the "black building black" momentum was going strong .... he put a halt to all of that leaving for white ass Boulder.

It's personal when you lie to people who believed in you and your vision. He played on the emotions of so many so NO it's not just business when you do that. He said he was happy at JSU and wanted to build JSU up to compete with most FBS programs and he's not close to doing that ... shit they barely out competing unranked FCS programs right now.

Truthfully his motive was to get enough attention to leave on the first P5 train smoking. All that God sent me here , I'm staying, and I'm looking to make a substantial difference talk was all fake. He came in fall 2020, left fall 2022 ... hard to make a substantial difference in that short amount of time. If you don't believe me watch how quickly JSU football operations falls apart despite all the momentum it had. But of course people with no integrity and character won't see anything wrong with what he did and gonna say it's business. He's free to do what he want but his reputation and legacy will take a huge hit.

You can be a good business man with ethics and character.
JSU will not fall apart. This isn’t 2013.

Back