Sign in if you laughing at JSU right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUT our budget has not been reduced at ALL... I would much rather be in our shoes than
yours. You too dumb to see that? smh

What's really DUMB is the dumb shit you type, especially when it is all over the news that JSU's operating budget is the problem. When a school has to dip deep into it reserve funds to launch new programs that tells me the school has bitten off way more than it can chew. Basically, JSU is spending more than it can generate.

Jackson State University answers questions about cash reserves

In a news release, the university says the cash reserves have been drained over the past five years by various projects, including:
  • Launching new programs such as the School of Public Health
  • JSU Global and the School of Journalism and Media Studies
  • Enhancing state-of-the-art facilities in the renowned College of Science, Engineering and Technology;
  • Increasing the university’s footprint by opening new campuses, including JSU Madison and JSU Downtown

According to the release, These expansions, as well as capital and academic upgrades to the university, have resulted in the use of the university’s reserve funds, its savings account.

An example of this occurred in August 2015, when JSU leadership informed the Institutions of Higher Learning that the H.T. Sampson Library needed its entire brickwork replaced on all three sides of the structure because, if left unattended, it could cause injury to people and property.

President Carolyn W. Meyers contacted IHL and indicated that the project was critical for safety but could result in a $3 million dip into the reserves.

“Unfortunately, we cannot save the money for reserves and spend it at the same time. I wish we could,” she noted.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3344...versity-answers-questions-about-cash-reserves

If your mentality is the norm at JSU, it's just a matter of time for failure. But like I previously stated, mofo are mad in here.
Dude, you gone believe what you wanna believe regardless of the answers staring you right in the face from your own posts. Had students gotten injured due to neglect on JSU's part, that would be more money and potentially huge lawsuits.
If safety of our students causes us to go in the red, then so be it. People are more important than money any how. Now think about that.

Dude, you gone believe what you wanna believe regardless of the answers staring you right in the face from your own posts. Had students gotten injured due to neglect on JSU's part, that would be more money and potentially huge lawsuits.
If safety of our students causes us to go in the red, then so be it. People are more important than money any how. Now think about that.

I saw the part about the unsafe bricks, which triggered IHL to look into JSU's reserve funds. Da Queen herself stated that the university had to dip into its reserve funds for safety reasons, but she also made it aware to the IHL Board that the reserve funds were EXTREMELY low due to other projects such as the launching of new programs. I'm pretty sure JSU will survive this crisis, but I'm almost just as sure that a few of the school's programs will be affected.

An example of this occurred in August 2015, when JSU leadership informed the Institutions of Higher Learning that the H.T. Sampson Library needed its entire brickwork replaced on all three sides of the structure because, if left unattended, it could cause injury to people and property.

President Carolyn W. Meyers contacted IHL and indicated that the project was critical for safety but could result in a $3 million dip into the reserves.

“Unfortunately, we cannot save the money for reserves and spend it at the same time. I wish we could,” she noted.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3344...versity-answers-questions-about-cash-reserves

What's really DUMB is the dumb shit you type, especially when it is all over the news that JSU's operating budget is the problem. When a school has to dip deep into it reserve funds to launch new programs that tells me the school has bitten off way more than it can chew. Basically, JSU is spending more than it can generate.

Jackson State University answers questions about cash reserves

In a news release, the university says the cash reserves have been drained over the past five years by various projects, including:
  • Launching new programs such as the School of Public Health
  • JSU Global and the School of Journalism and Media Studies
  • Enhancing state-of-the-art facilities in the renowned College of Science, Engineering and Technology;
  • Increasing the university’s footprint by opening new campuses, including JSU Madison and JSU Downtown

According to the release, These expansions, as well as capital and academic upgrades to the university, have resulted in the use of the university’s reserve funds, its savings account.

This is what's going on:
upload_2016-10-24_15-35-44.jpeg

Last edited:
"Norfolk got my back."
NSU+2+112207.jpg

I vividly recall this one former city of jaxon councilman standing in Plano, Tx braggadociously saying a bunch of junk about his swindling daughter/son-in-law (insurance fraud & donation abuse :D ) along w/ how superior jsu was to "low-life" schools like PV, Grambling, TSU, SU,... I listened to that backwards mf'er rant for ~10-11 mins before I uttered these magical words "see ya' big bank hank & good riddance to you ol'boy & ol' girl :D . Your backwoods school will be be an afterthought when PV lives on."

I wonder how that stupid mf'er feels today, if the puke SOB is still alive lol? The dumb batch :D . Burn batch. Burn. No love from this side of the keyboard w/ "our cute little high school stadium." lmao! The interim republican prez will do everything correctly now :D . Burn!!!!! :D

Ain't that a bihhh........ They just called us and asked if we could meet them at the Louisiana/Mississippi to play them in an open field claiming they ain't got the gas and hotel money to make it all the way to Houston! This our homecoming man!!!!

You mean the open field over here....???

@The Founder

Although she's from the Tidewater Area in Virginia (Newport News, VA), I don't believe Norfolk State will take her back. She left them on bad terms. Her best bet is to find a university that will hire her as an engineering professor. Other than growing JSU's enrollment, which was actually started by Mason, her administrative record has been tarnished, especially during her tenure at JSU the school's revenue went for a $17 million dollar surplus to a $8 million dollar deficit, basically 147% increase in spending. And we have yet to learn what other damages this might have cost the university.

Last edited:
Totally different scenario.. u want JSU to fail so bad but we will FOREVER be better than SUx.

Live with it. You ain't gotta like it...

Nobody wants JSU to fail. But i do know folks were hoping SU and Gram closed when we went through stuff and still going through residual damage from Jindal. As for being better than SU. It is all in the eye of the beholder. Folks done got caught up with believing one HBCU is so much better than the rest. Unless your accreditation has been stripped. We are all in the same boat degree wise.

Well I be damned!!!!!!!!!! Somebody must have knew something when they did this "Official JSU Homecoming Logo"...
HC16-Tiger-Takeover_LAMAR-800X400-07-300x153.jpg

Shiiiiiiiddddddd, they knew THEE QUEEN was leaving. They knew the state was taking over. Do they have Negrodamus working over there?
1d6c9159728c77f19f006a0beee5fbe5ef4a41b093db703b187a8f9c3f06e2b9_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back