NBA Free agency rumors and trades

In other words, it's a number you made up. What actual source said the Lakers offered him 30 million less than Milwaukee?

Made up? Really bruh?

You need to stop going at it we TP.

They could have offered him the same deal that they were putting together for LaMarcus Aldridge. Which was in the neighborhood of 80 million dollars, but of course they weren't going to give in that.

Made up? Really bruh?

You need to stop going at it we TP.

They could have offered him the same deal that they were putting together for LaMarcus Aldridge. Which was in the neighborhood of 80 million dollars, but of course they weren't going to give in that.

Different contract and different player. Aldridge is getting a longer deal. You can't use that to say they offered Monroe 30 million less when Monroe wasn't seeking a long term deal.

Different contract and different player. Aldridge is getting a longer deal. You can't use that to say they offered Monroe 30 million less when Monroe wasn't seeking a long term deal.

True but yes I can. There's no limit on how much or who they spend their cap money on.

Last edited:

What is it with you and this new thing of being redundant? We already established that there is different reports (as always is) out there about what he was offered. It really isn't hard to figured out his agent is playing on semantics of words.

If Paul George is back to All-Star level, this probably puts the Pacers back in that Top 4 in the East. Still think they can't beat Lebron/Kyrie/Love but they should be back.

I also agree with what someone said about players spurning the historic NBA franchises for better fits. Jason Kidd completely turned around the Bucks and they are probably 2 years away from giving Lebron and them hell in the East with Parker (if he continues to improve), Middleton, The Greek Freak and now Monroe. That is a very young nucleus that could be in the playoffs for years to come. Why leave that for bad situations in NYC or LA. The Lakers do need to add via the draft another big man and continue to build that way. They're in a better spot than the Knicks who probably will suffer next year and struggle to add via free agency even with the TV money coming in because Melo is a ball hog. I even think that the 76ers are in a better spot than the Knicks right now

Last edited:
What is it with you and this new thing of being redundant? We already established that there is different reports (as always is) out there about what he was offered. It really isn't hard to figured out his agent is playing on semantics of words.

What's this with you being whiny?

True but yes I can. There's no limit on how much or who they spend their cap money on.

Of course there's a limit, hence the term max contract. Regardless, the question isn't whether Monroe got less than Aldridge, who qualifies for a bigger offer anyway based on the number of years in the league. It's how much less the Lakers offered than what what he was seeking, if it was different at all. That's why your 30 million figure is meaningless.

Of course there's a limit, hence the term max contract. Regardless, the question isn't whether Monroe got less than Aldridge, who qualifies for a bigger offer anyway based on the number of years in the league. It's how much less the Lakers offered than what what he was seeking, if it was different at all. That's why your 30 million figure is meaningless.

Which is why I told K that it was all about semantics. Having said that the lakers still have 30 million dollars more that they could have offered him if they wanted to. That's their choice not the leagues or anybody else.

I agree they are different caliber of players, but what does that really matter in the big scheme of things? You have dozens of guys in the league now who are drastically over paid. Some will say the 3 yr 50 mil. he got was over payment

Last edited:

Which is why I told K that it was all about semantics. Having said that the lakers still have 30 million dollars more that they could have offered him if they wanted to. That's their choice not the leagues or anybody else.

I agree they are different caliber of players, but what does that really matter in the big scheme of things? You have dozens of guys in the league now who are drastically over paid. Some will say the 3 yr 50 mil. he got was over payment

Considering it's not clear exactly what the Lakers offered (max vs less than max) or the length of the contract, it's impossible to say how much less they offered than they could have. The bigger point us that it was someone the team targeted (same with the Knicks) who spurned them for a smaller market.

In actual news, there are rumors that the Lakers could get a second meeting with Aldridge.

Considering it's not clear exactly what the Lakers offered (max vs less than max) or the length of the contract, it's impossible to say how much less they offered than they could have. The bigger point us that it was someone the team targeted (same with the Knicks) who spurned them for a smaller market.

In actual news, there are rumors that the Lakers could get a second meeting with Aldridge.

They were working on 4 years and 80 mil.

They were working on 4 years and 80 mil.

I presume you're referring to Aldridge with that. I was referencing Monroe's offer. In any case, Monroe's agent has already said all four teams were willing to give a max offer of any length.

Back