NBA Free agency rumors and trades

Even with his limitations, he's still a useful player. I do agree with your larger point, it is a lot of drama surrounding a player who isn't top 5 at his position.
He was the best available at his position (Gasol was always going back to Mem), and he fits their system. Without him they were going to be glaringly worse.

He was the best available at his position (Gasol was always going back to Mem), and he fits their system. Without him they were going to be glaringly worse.

Yes but that's not my point. The ramifications of the move affected much of the league. Several decisions were made, and not made, based on Jordan initially choosing Dallas before reversing course. It's a lot of chaos for a pretty good but not elite player.

Yes but that's not my point. The ramifications of the move affected much of the league. Several decisions were made, and not made, based on Jordan initially choosing Dallas before reversing course. It's a lot of chaos for a pretty good but not elite player.
Well Dallas decided to let Chandler walk well before July 1, when he agreed with Phoenix. Jordan didn't meet with the Mavs until the next day or so.

Back