Bayou Classic BOTB 2015

Bighead still mad about SU Band getting boooooooood.....he can't take it!!! Poor Bighead. LOL

After seeing this video, there's no reason for a SU graduate to get mad or upset over the bands. I come from the generation when halftime count the most.

Bighead still mad about SU Band getting boooooooood.....he can't take it!!! Poor Bighead. LOL

Lol

nah the founder guy

Not mad

Just confused a bit on how GSU is better than SU in today's world when folks pay good money to see us

just confused, never mad

After seeing this video, there's no reason for a SU graduate to get mad or upset over the bands. I come from the generation when halftime count the most.

I have never witnessed SU fans booooing SU at the battle of the bands until this year.

Don't act like GSU's gospel implosion of "Wade in the Water" didn't get booooooooooooooooood.
GSU loves to take us to church. I don't get it. However, I have to give them their props for putting on a better show than SU. To be honest, the last two BOTB performances from SU really weren't impressive. In my eyes SU usually takes the BOTB in this era.

If you think playing GSU on NBC is our only shine, sounds like that what you were trying to state, umm I coulda sworn we was just in the last 2 Super Bowls that were in New Orleans

I coulda sworn our drum line went to Africa and perform a few years ago (did your drum line go anything this millennium)
I coulda sworn our dancing dolls danced with Madonna for the Superbowl (where were yours)
I coulda sworn our band always play more at the Saints game then any band (how many times GSU played for the Saints in the past 2 years?)
I coulda sworn we were ranked the number one band by USA Today (what was your band ranked)

I mean all this recongitoin from playing GSU in the Bayou Classic, we should thank you guys sheesh

Dude stop it and let me know what your band is doing cuz clearly Haymer is running laps around everybody band in the HBCU world including yours

Ppl were glad to see yall do better this year...last 8 or 9 years have been pure ass from you goofies now yall get a few more claps and now you feeling like a proud dad to see his only son graduate, man go somewhere

Wow Bighead person, you sound really hurt. Not only hurt, but very crazy! You post like you really don't know much about the business. Tennessee State, Norfolk, Praire View, Alabama State, Grambling, and even Jackson State have been places and brought in money to there budget. However, they arent attention whores. Its good that SU is getting more spotlight than the Greggs era, but SU still is very limited in band scholarships and travel. Doesn't Southern even travel to every away game? If so, how many travel. If Southern was making the money you are making them appeare, than SU would have better opportunities than all of the others schools. Please stop.

I'ma play

The 9 years that I'm talking about, what has GSU done?

Go!

Within those 9 years that we are (well me) are discussing what more places or things/accomplishments has GSU done more than SU?

I'll proudly wait for your posts within that window span

Now if you standing on stuff that GSU did in the 80s early 90s and even the 70s era, please stop it

Like I said to JSU, they are standing on things of the past 70s, 80s, and early 90s and it comes off as you are doing the same thing while SU is running circles around your band program with accomplishments and national attention that we have been getting in those last 9 years that I named, Hell let's make it a 10 year window

I guess when 2020 comes, you will be still standing and talking about what the world Fame did in the 80s and early 90s huh LOL

But please list me the things over the last 10 years that GSU band program has done that is seeing anything SU
If you think playing GSU on NBC is our only shine, sounds like that what you were trying to state, umm I coulda sworn we was just in the last 2 Super Bowls that were in New Orleans

I coulda sworn our drum line went to Africa and perform a few years ago (did your drum line go anything this millennium)
I coulda sworn our dancing dolls danced with Madonna for the Superbowl (where were yours)
I coulda sworn our band always play more at the Saints game then any band (how many times GSU played for the Saints in the past 2 years?)
I coulda sworn we were ranked the number one band by USA Today (what was your band ranked)

I mean all this recongitoin from playing GSU in the Bayou Classic, we should thank you guys sheesh

Dude stop it and let me know what your band is doing cuz clearly Haymer is running laps around everybody band in the HBCU world including yours

Ppl were glad to see yall do better this year...last 8 or 9 years have been pure ass from you goofies now yall get a few more claps and now you feeling like a proud dad to see his only son graduate, man go somewhere

F a few more claps! You got your_ss bust and put on a horrible show. You are more ignorant than I thought if you think that Grambling gives two sh_ts about a BOTB crowd that will always be dominated by Southern fans. Grambling has got in that _ss several times in the past. However, the number dominance of the SU crowd will never reflect a SU defeat. Any SU fan who believes that the crowd decides a winner is just plain stupid. On a "good" year for Grambling fans, the crowd will be a %30 GSU supported.

Fans like you have allowed that to make you believe that you win every year. Grambling fans have to deal with a backyard pro-SU crowd and your lame _ss SUNO support. It's just the way it is. Trust me, GSU folks know the signs to SU defeats. The only crowd that GSU is trying to please is the diehard GSU fans, the non brainwashed New Orleans fans who cheer on the band who has to momentum, and the people who are neutral who took the trip. No matter what happens, the BOTB will always be a pro SU crowd.

Did you really post a "what SU has done under Haymer" list? You are embarrassing yourself. Have you even marching for the Jukebox? Just know I am not the average Grambling man talking sh_t about my school and my rival. I have plenty of music and athletic ties to Southern University. In fact, I am usally in the SU loop even when I don't want to be due to family and friends.

You don't have the musical resume or knowledge to debate with me. The things your believe are a major deal cleary shows this. I understand that Haymer's journey to promote SU as media player is something new to new era SU brains, but understand that is not the only part of the business. If SU was on the level that you and other ignorant to the business fans believe, then there are other aspects of Southern's music programs up to par.

You just keep posting Facebook pictures with a SU kid standing outside of the White House and get off on it every night all you want to. While you are doing that, the kid from Grambling State University is inside the White House with one of his band directors playing the symphonic piece/3 movement "Twin Oaks" for a dinner with military personnel of Annapolis. There is a deeper level that you can't comprehend because you have never been to the deep end.

P.S. I believe that Grambling has about 6 nickel plated euphoniums that Haymer is welcomed to use if he needs them. (Hope that didn't go over your head.) LOL.

Wow Bighead person, you sound really hurt. Not only hurt, but very crazy! You post like you really don't know much about the business. Tennessee State, Norfolk, Praire View, Alabama State, Grambling, and even Jackson State have been places and brought in money to there budget. However, they arent attention whores. Its good that SU is getting more spotlight than the Greggs era, but SU still is very limited in band scholarships and travel. Doesn't Southern even travel to every away game? If so, how many travel. If Southern was making the money you are making them appeare, than SU would have better opportunities than all of the others schools. Please stop.

1. Does every band travel to every away game? if so, name me one, but SU missed 1 game this year as far as I know
Did your band travel to every away game?

2. What makes SU attention whores, So SU called USA Today and other media outlets to do a write up about them LMAO boy the hate is really real, Yall dudes are pure haters, cuz your band program is ass and got them old Eddie Kane ass clowns for BD, while the Youngsters at SU stays sh1tting on your program.
SU is the only band program that has taken it to another notch, while your band program and others are stuck on the same sh1t, is it our fault? hell is it your fault t

3. Why do you think SU is now limited in band scholarships (just take a guess) since you and others post this.

Why a person has to be hurt when they are going in and stating facts LOL, I don't get it, but I do get it, cuz you can't compare what I'm saying with what SU is doing and what your band program is doing LOL..All you have to lean on is stupid negative stuff, bout limited scholarships but you know what's crazy and nobody that's spewing/posting that shat, is SU still has more band members than YOUR BAND LMAOOOO with limited this and that and go to more places than your band.

Yall band programs have a big budget, x amount of scholarships and still at home.

But the ppl responding to me isn't hurt or crazy LOL.. smh

I'm hurt for answering posts with facts? oh ok,

That's again the saying/usage of ppl who are weak and hate to see the truth that someone is really spitting in their face. Like white folks do when called racists and they have the facts in front of them. They tend to make the person presenting the facts seem racists or crazy, kind of like how you're doing with the whole I'm hurt, and crazy LOL,

I'm just posting facts mane

It makes me smh when black folks call other black folks ignorant and so call try and use it as an insult LOL smh

Ignorant only means - to not know, of lack of knowledge of not knowing about a particular thing,

Everybody doesn't know everything, so please ppl for further conversations and I only see ppl from certain schools say and use that word and that seem to think that word makes them above the person they are calling ignorant. LOL

Calling someone ignorant to make them feel bad and you feel like you bigger only makes you look stupid. Please use and find another word to try and low key insult someone.

F a few more claps! You got your_ss bust and put on a horrible show. You are more ignorant than I thought if you think that Grambling gives two sh_ts about a BOTB crowd that will always be dominated by Southern fans. Grambling has got in that _ss several times in the past. However, the number dominance of the SU crowd will never reflect a SU defeat. Any SU fan who believes that the crowd decides a winner is just plain stupid. On a "good" year for Grambling fans, the crowd will be a %30 GSU supported.

Fans like you have allowed that to make you believe that you win every year. Grambling fans have to deal with a backyard pro-SU crowd and your lame _ss SUNO support. It's just the way it is. Trust me, GSU folks know the signs to SU defeats. The only crowd that GSU is trying to please is the diehard GSU fans, the non brainwashed New Orleans fans who cheer on the band who has to momentum, and the people who are neutral who took the trip. No matter what happens, the BOTB will always be a pro SU crowd.

Did you really post a "what SU has done under Haymer" list? You are embarrassing yourself. Have you even marching for the Jukebox? Just know I am not the average Grambling man talking sh_t about my school and my rival. I have plenty of music and athletic ties to Southern University. In fact, I am usally in the SU loop even when I don't want to be due to family and friends.

You don't have the musical resume or knowledge to debate with me. The things your believe are a major deal cleary shows this. I understand that Haymer's journey to promote SU as media player is something new to new era SU brains, but understand that is not the only part of the business. If SU was on the level that you and other ignorant to the business fans believe, then there are other aspects of Southern's music programs up to par.

You just keep posting Facebook pictures with a SU kid standing outside of the White House and get off on it every night all you want to. While you are doing that, the kid from Grambling State University is inside the White House with one of his band directors playing the symphonic piece/3 movement "Twin Oaks" for a dinner with military personnel of Annapolis. There is a deeper level that you can't comprehend because you have never been to the deep end.

P.S. I believe that Grambling has about 6 nickel plated euphoniums that Haymer is welcomed to use if he needs them. (Hope that didn't go over your head.) LOL.

Aye folk

Good luck with your band program

I wish nothing but success

Folks still living off what their band did 15 - 20 years ago LMAO

smh

just disgusting
And your band is living off the last few years - which will turn into a memory. I'm sure your publicist will have something in the works next season and even after that you still wont top Grambling's success. And you hate it.

And your band is living off the last few years - which will turn into a memory. I'm sure your publicist will have something in the works next season and even after that you still wont top Grambling's success. And you hate it.
GSU has had a whole show for the band on ESPN. countless NFL GAMES. NBA ALL STAR GAMES AND NBA HALFTIME GAMES. ONLY HBCU AT OBAMA SECOND INAUGURATION. LIVE TV PERFORMANCE FOR KANSAS CITY NEWS. MANY MANY XMAS PARADES TO WHOM GSU IS REQUESTED. ARENA FOOTBALL HALFTIMES YEARLY BLACK RODEO performancES. I can go. on and this is all current. why can't ppl just give props to both instead of writing these long ass essays that Dallas person is doing if you feel SU is the best leave it at that don't make yourself look stupid defending a band you say is better if that's so don't make dumb points that aren't true.

1. Does every band travel to every away game? if so, name me one, but SU missed 1 game this year as far as I know
Did your band travel to every away game?

2. What makes SU attention whores, So SU called USA Today and other media outlets to do a write up about them LMAO boy the hate is really real, Yall dudes are pure haters, cuz your band program is ass and got them old Eddie Kane ass clowns for BD, while the Youngsters at SU stays sh1tting on your program.
SU is the only band program that has taken it to another notch, while your band program and others are stuck on the same sh1t, is it our fault? hell is it your fault t

3. Why do you think SU is now limited in band scholarships (just take a guess) since you and others post this.

Why a person has to be hurt when they are going in and stating facts LOL, I don't get it, but I do get it, cuz you can't compare what I'm saying with what SU is doing and what your band program is doing LOL..All you have to lean on is stupid negative stuff, bout limited scholarships but you know what's crazy and nobody that's spewing/posting that shat, is SU still has more band members than YOUR BAND LMAOOOO with limited this and that and go to more places than your band.

Yall band programs have a big budget, x amount of scholarships and still at home.

But the ppl responding to me isn't hurt or crazy LOL.. smh

I'm hurt for answering posts with facts? oh ok,

That's again the saying/usage of ppl who are weak and hate to see the truth that someone is really spitting in their face. Like white folks do when called racists and they have the facts in front of them. They tend to make the person presenting the facts seem racists or crazy, kind of like how you're doing with the whole I'm hurt, and crazy LOL,

I'm just posting facts mane

1. No. But some bands miss more than others due to lack of funds. Do your SU and GSU research before you post ignorant questions.

2. Begging, calling, begging, calling and willing to lower standards for gigs. Your publicist even admits to doing these things. Your band director carrying on a brainwashing tradition and talking so much corny BS/high schoolish hype is another example. (I been knowing Haymer longer than you, worked with him for a few band clinics in Louisiana and Mississippi, and I am cool some of his family members in Mississippi, so I can talk about him), are are a few examples with out stretching this page.

3. Please don't set your self up to be embarrassed by a NOLA Grambling man who knows more about SU than "your level" of SU fans. Your foolish/ignorant post clearly show that you don't have much inside knowledge of the business. Well, I do. Unlike you, I know what Grambling & Southern can do. Unlike you, I have a big circle of alumni friends and family of both school. Unlike you, Dr Greggs passed with my cell number in his phone and use to travel to Shreveport, Monroe and sometimes Dallas to watch Regional Jazz, and Drum & Bugle Corps Events with me, Dr Pannell and Mr. Malcolm Spencer when he could make it. Unlike you, I had Mr.Jackson pin five blue superior rating and two excellent medals on my chest for Solo and Ensemble functions. Unlike you, Coach Cador has watched Shreveport Captain and New Orleans Zephyr games with me. I can go on and on about my SU ties and forward you more evidence to support my claims if needed, but just know that I am cut from a different GSU cloth. I know what SU's offers for service awards for band members vs GSU. You don't have what Grambling has in that area! Please don't embarrass yourself or SU by asking for a break down on who offers what.

You are not posting facts. You are posting a few things that is available to the average Southern fan with limited band ties. Ask any kid in SU's band who knows someone in GSU's band to compare their road trip agendas from what hotel they stay in to what they eat to what other small performances they have while they are on the trip. You will be educated quickly.

Take your battle of the bands defeat like a man or woman. Being a GSU man and fan,I have admitted to defeat plenty of times. There is no such thing as "I am going to say Grambling won just be I went to Grambling" in my brain. Unlike many "not all", of you SU folks. I am not branwashed into believing that my sound or performance is always better than yours. When GSU takes the L's, (which I have seen plenty of BOTB's) I am the first to admit it. When my own GSU folks claim a W that is really a L, I let them know. 2015 belongs to the World Famed Marching Band.

Last edited:
GSU has had a whole show for the band on ESPN. countless NFL GAMES. NBA ALL STAR GAMES AND NBA HALFTIME GAMES. ONLY HBCU AT OBAMA SECOND INAUGURATION. LIVE TV PERFORMANCE FOR KANSAS CITY NEWS. MANY MANY XMAS PARADES TO WHOM GSU IS REQUESTED. ARENA FOOTBALL HALFTIMES YEARLY BLACK RODEO performancES. I can go. on and this is all current. why can't ppl just give props to both instead of writing these long ass essays that Dallas person is doing if you feel SU is the best leave it at that don't make yourself look stupid defending a band you say is better if that's so don't make dumb points that aren't true.

Exactly! Grambling is World Famed and has performed at the most NFL Super Bowls than any other college band!

Last edited:
Oh yeah Bighead, to add to my #3, I am the only Grambling man or fan that had one of those whack _ss wristbands at the battle of the bands that gave me access to enter the plaza level VIP and F with my huge click of former Jukebox Alums. That's how much SU love I have the power to receive.

Ok, I talking too much now. I need to stop before they PM me and curse me out or tell me to leave my "fake _ss" at my house when they gas up to drive to Jackson next year. LMFAO!

1. No. But some bands miss more than others due to lack of funds. Do your SU and GSU research before you post ignorant questions.

2. Begging, calling, begging, calling and willing to lower standards for gigs. Your publicist even admits to doing these things. Your band director carrying on a brainwashing tradition and talking so much corny BS/high schoolish hype is another example. (I been knowing Haymer longer than you, worked with him for a few band clinics in Louisiana and Mississippi, and I am cool some of his family members in Mississippi, so I can talk about him), are are a few examples with out stretching this page.

3. Please don't set your self up to be embarrassed by a NOLA Grambling man who knows more about SU than "your level" of SU fans. Your foolish/ignorant post clearly show that you don't have much inside knowledge of the business. Well, I do. Unlike you, I know what Grambling & Southern can do. Unlike you, I have a big circle of alumni friends and family of both school. Unlike you, Dr Greggs passed with my cell number in his phone and use to travel to Shreveport, Monroe and sometimes Dallas to watch Regional Jazz, and Drum & Bugle Corps Events with me, Dr Pannell and Mr. Malcolm Spencer when he could make it. Unlike you, I had Mr.Jackson pin five blue superior rating and two excellent medals on my chest for Solo and Ensemble functions. Unlike you, Coach Cador has watched Shreveport Captain and New Orleans Zephyr games with me. I can go on and on about my SU ties and forward you more evidence to support my claims if needed, but just know that I am cut from a different GSU cloth. I know what SU's offers for service awards for band members vs GSU. You don't have what Grambling has in that area! Please don't embarrass yourself or SU by asking for a break down on who offers what.

You are not posting facts. You are posting a few things that is available to the average Southern fan with limited band ties. Ask any kid in SU's band who knows someone in GSU's band to compare their road trip agendas from what hotel they stay in to what they eat to what other small performances they have while they are on the trip. You will be educated quickly.

Take your battle of the bands defeat like a man or woman. Being a GSU man and fan,I have admitted to defeat plenty of times. There is no such thing as "I am going to say Grambling won just be I went to Grambling" in my brain. Unlike many "not all", of you SU folks. I am not branwashed into believing that my sound or performance is always better than yours. When GSU takes the L's, (which I have seen plenty of BOTB's) I am the first to admit it. When my own GSU folks claim a W that is really a L, I let them know. 2015 belongs to the World Famed Marching Band.

Didn't read bruh

Dudes really in here think GSU band is making moves out here lmao

Let me tell you folks something and take it how you wanna take it..

If it wasn't for SU, ppl wouldn't even be checking for bands in the SWAC yet alone coming to the BOTB

At one time or another folks were begging for GSU asses to be replaced Lmaoooo
Now folks wanna come in here and act like they've arrive on SU level FOH and chill

SU run every band in the game..
Facts

Dude said KC news Lmao

Man go away smh

Them old ass things yall living off of..please stop

SU circles around you urkels lmao

Lmao at KC news smh..

Back