Bayou Classic BOTB 2015

That was my general feeling when I left. I saw right in front of SU. BOTH bands had better selections than last year. And Grambling sound has definitely improved. But you have folks on other sites say they GSU sounded like crap. I digress. I think of the 29k in attendance, most left pleased. Now that step show had to of been the worst in BC BOTB history. Change is needed immediately. Not sure why the Bayou Classic Committee is so stubborn with this one.

YES YES YES!!!!

Southern: Your attention whore for a band director needs to chill out. As someone has already said, he is a corn ball and should just conduct the band instead of being out-classed by GSU's staff. It's starting to rub off on your kids because the drum major and a few other members looked like a bunch of tap dancing clowns while the opposing band was playing.

:snicker:

I thought both bands did well. I don't know why people get on SU hell, they have sounded like that,, loud and aggressive.. and to be honest the America the beautiful did take me off guard.. very nice sound,

And i dont think people were saying gram won. And people may take offense but gram band has sounded very mediocre for many years now, I just think most people were SHOCK they actually sounded decent. .. so good job to the staff

I love the Jukes.. but haymer please just stfu and let the band play...I got kinda annoyed.. side note new Uniforms need to be on the list asap.. Keep the same uniforms just get new ones.. ..the uniforms are classic and will never or should never be changed

You are the one who should sit down and STFU! You are embarrassing Southern University posting this garbage. I just read this ignorance to a former SU sousaphone section leader/current high school band director this BS that you have posted. Of course he laughed and ask me why am I wasting my typing.

I give Haymer props for finally bringing some national attention to SU, but folks like you are acting like you never been anywhere in your life. Who in the F are you to tell anyone how hard their band works? Do you know anything until about GSU's or JSU's band budget? Do you know how many kids from those schools are on scholarship?

The answer is you don't know __t! Just because SU is finally doing new things doesn't mean everyone has been sitting on their_sses.

What some of you SU folks have become since the Greggs days are shameful. At least SU use to have some type of class.

Damn man! LOL

SU was fucking horrible!!!

Also to the MEAC guy who was asking about the jump suits. Those wore jogging suits that resembled our uniforms. Innovative if you ask me.

One thing GSU has is class. Dr. Parnell leads with a religious song and he stated he would do so the week prior while speaking at our church's men's day celebration. At that he stated he wished that we would sing wait in the water but said he would carry that feeling to the battle of the bands.

One thing I noticed about SU's uniforms during the parade was that they looked dingy and dirty. Those kids deserve better at SU. SU when Dr. Greggs was there was a favorite of mine.

Holup...

Those discount prep, family dollar specials yall had on was tacky AF. And let me not get started on those off white, non polished easy spirits yall had on for the game. You wash those Fubu/Karl Kani thrift store warm ups ONE TIME and the black turns to gray. One loose thread and that isht falls apart. LOL!

See what you just said was fantasy. Your actually uniforms look like they haven't been cared for since Karl Kani was a popular name amongst the youth. You know they have things called dry cleaners.

I will be the first to admit Haymer should mandate band members take their band uniforms to.the dry cleaners, , because alot of those uniforms look like they haven't been cleaned in years.. ITS NOTICEABLE as a mofo

Holup...

Those discount prep, family dollar specials yall had on was tacky AF. And let me not get started on those off white, non polished easy spirits yall had on for the game. You wash those Fubu/Karl Kani thrift store warm ups ONE TIME and the black turns to gray. One loose thread and that isht falls apart. LOL!

Wait but those hoodies y'all been wearing for 10 years should be musty as hell by now.

Actually we don't plan on wearing them again. That's how we roll. Next year will be something different.

See what you just said was fantasy. Your actually uniforms look like they haven't been cared for since Karl Kani was a popular name amongst the youth. You know they have things called dry cleaners.

SU's band is broke, they have no funds available for dry cleaning.

giphy.gif

Wait but those hoodies y'all been wearing for 10 years should be musty as hell by now.

Actually we don't plan on wearing them again. That's how we roll. Next year will be something different.

Negative. ]They wore yellow last year, Columbia Blue last weekend. Try again.

....and at one point in time yall used to wear the uniforms to the BOTB and the game. But I digress...

LOL and SMH!

I will be the first to admit Haymer should mandate band members take their band uniforms to.the dry cleaners, , because alot of those uniforms look like they haven't been cleaned in years.. ITS NOTICEABLE as a mofo

VERY NOTICEABLE VERY!!!!

Holup...

YOU little mad or BIG MAD???? SMH

Negative. ]They wore yellow last year, Columbia Blue last weekend. Try again.

....and at one point in time yall used to wear the uniforms to the BOTB and the game. But I digress...

LOL and SMH!

You are right we USED to...we now have at least 5 other uniforms to wear including a uniform specifically designed by Star Wars as we are considered George Lucas's band. Another was purchased by the country of Japan. How long has it ben since SU had some new uniforms?

I'll be waiting.

Translation: Aint no translation bih. World Shamed took an L.

LOL!!!

Wow. Corny just like Haymer on the mic. Your own SU former Jukeboxes have confirmed the_ss whuppin. We know y'all don't carry to many tough men on your powder blue campus in this era, but take it like a man. Haymer's facebook update told GSU folks everything they need to know.

I thought both bands did well. I don't know why people get on SU hell, they have sounded like that,, loud and aggressive.. and to be honest the America the beautiful did take me off guard.. very nice sound,

And i dont think people were saying gram won. And people may take offense but gram band has sounded very mediocre for many years now, I just think most people were SHOCK they actually sounded decent. .. so good job to the staff

I love the Jukes.. but haymer please just stfu and let the band play...I got kinda annoyed.. side note new Uniforms need to be on the list asap.. Keep the same uniforms just get new ones.. ..the uniforms are classic and will never or should never be changed

The thing is, nobody from Grambling denies not being up to par of late. The point is that GSU took the W this year and ain't no brainwashed power blue snortin fan is going to take it a way.

LOL at these folks

Man SU will always and remain the top attraction at the BOTB, Poor GSU, shat was trash,

JSU hasn't done nothing since 2010 as I stated earlier in the season, yall aint even the best band in your own state.

GSU will never get to SU level, again, PV is better than you goofies, let that soak

You post any song from any of you goofies season that's seeing anything SU played at the BOTB

Goofies come in here to dissect SU performance but fail to look as the pissy performance that their band did.

Dude coming in here like GSU was A1 smh

Just cuz they got more claps this year than last, now all of a sudden SU didn't do their best, man go sit outside and get your program of a band back to something

Last edited:
I'm glad Haymer talks that stick talk, you goofies band needs to do something about it, if you don't like him calling your band pissy.

"oh I wish he be quiet" sound like a bunch of kids, everybody knows directors talk smack doing the BOTB if not, the shat would have been boring as hell like that JSU vs PV BOTB was, shat was terrible, saw that pissy shat on Periscope, both bands were ass.

Now it's Haymer this and that, that man doing him, yall old ass BD just don't have it like he does, and he's young running circles around your band but now yall crying about he's this and that, boy you goofies kill me wit that crap LOL

SU took a L at the classic, but nobody is talking about any songs that stood out from GSU LMAOOOO... man go outside some where

See you goofies next year for the same results...

Back