Bayou Classic BOTB 2015

Folk think "certain posters" ain't responding...when it's the same ol' chit every year. Either Grum does nothing, and you get nothing from Grum fans. Or, they sound two notches above garbage and wanna shout how they "got SU"...lol. Same old stuff every year.

LOL @ SU sounded horrible. foh. So, horrible USAToday had to write how good it was, huh?

Grambling sounded much better this year and for that I give them major props, but .......

2015 BC BOTB = different year, SAME results. Just ask Sports Illustrated, USA Today or anyone who isn't TONE deaf.

LOL @ the commentary in this thread smh

USA Today wrote about GSU? or nah

I mean they did sound better than SU and took the W LMAO

oh and Haymer is a mean guy too, but yet the band and him stay getting coverage nationally

Tell them old BD times up, Dude is running laps around them goofies..

Bighead, sometimes less is more. Drop the foolishness.

Huh?

Oh it's foolishness when I post huh

LOL..

yea ok,

SU is the best band in the world,

NO and I mean NO band is seeing this band, you goofies are 9 years behind, you goofies still can't see the 06 version of this band smh

Do Better, sht is sad

They hate for SU is at an all time high! They must be doing something right. I still don't understand what's so comical about a school with severe budget cuts. Most bands would decrease half in size if their scholarship budget. So as they SU broke and all, still smashing bands.. That gym battle in Jackson got ugly!

Wow. It's getting hot in here.

3 of my coworkers (1 MEAC grad, 1 Big Ten grad) took the trip to New Orleans for the Battle of the Bands.
I tried to stay out of this because unfortunately, you guys don't have judges to make a decision on who won the battle. I do agree that Grambling please the crowd more than Southern did. Southern's crowd did their best to carry their band over, but the result was evident while walking around the city. Every GSU fan I meet seem happy about their bands performance, but I can't say the same for SU fans.

I personally thought SU sounded better on more selections, but wasn't impressed with their song selection. There is a difference between playing "classic old school hits" verses playing "old" songs. Southern played quite a few questionable selections. No offense to GSU, but most of the Battle of the Bands that I have been to, GSU is the band usually playing songs that make people say, "why in the hell are they playing that?" Also, SU usually takes the W's in my book as well. This year, I would have to say that Grambling won the battle of the bands. Everyone knows that SU folks have strong pride and will never admit when they aren't up to par, but it is what it is.

Questions and Concerns
Grambling: Please stop trying to take us to church every time we make this trip. That wait in the water wasn't called for! When it's time to march out and leave, please march out and leave. All of that hopping around and jumping around when Southern is preparing to exit is annoying! Please tell who ever recruited your dancers to keep those pretty ladies coming! GSU usually doesn't bring it like that. And what in the hell was that outfit that the band marching in on Friday night? Ugh! This wasn't a Chinese New Year event!

Southern: Your attention whore for a band director needs to chill out. As someone has already said, he is a corn ball and should just conduct the band instead of being out-classed by GSU's staff. It's starting to rub off on your kids because the drum major and a few other members looked like a bunch of tap dancing clowns while the opposing band was playing. The entire band going to sleep is one thing, but just a few acting like they have a mental condition and can't keep still is another. Don't ya'll think that the "ok" chant is kind of out of style? Why does Southern play "Neck" at the battle of the bands?
Chinese new year event I guess you don't like gsu normal uniforms then because what they wore Friday was a wind suit with the design of their uniforms lol original and trade marked.

gsu song selection was very nice that California. Wishy washy by migos-. I wanna know. WHITE Iverson. had that crowd

You know you lost when you come in replying late with the worst replies ever and STILL talking about a band that has nothing to do with the band you lost too. Lol. Yall can post all the links you want, those folks are about as credible on bands as white folk on fried chicken. Give it up SU lol.

Grambling sounded much better this year and for that I give them major props, but .......

2015 BC BOTB = different year, SAME results. Just ask Sports Illustrated, USA Today or anyone who isn't TONE deaf.

Southern didn't sound horrible. That America the Beautiful was great! However, the SU show was garbage! The overall song selections were trash.

You Southern fans can huddle up and come up with a last minute fight for your pride in this board all you want. You got out-performed on Friday night. Several Jukebox Alums have confirmed this. The none brainwashed folks at the event know this and your band director knows.

Posting all of that Sports illustrated, USA today and whatever "show band" style ignorant media sh_t means nothing! You new era fans are just too happy that Haymer is allowing y'all to finally get out and be apart of the world and media, you have thrown all of your self esteem and respect in trash. It was a sad day for Dr. Greggs era Jukeboxes and the HBCU world when y'all started bragging about USA today/the white man putting y'all under Ohio State! Pretty soon, y'all will start clipping the LSU Tiger's pubic hair for a shout out on the local news.

LOL @ the commentary in this thread smh

USA Today wrote about GSU? or nah

I mean they did sound better than SU and took the W LMAO

oh and Haymer is a mean guy too, but yet the band and him stay getting coverage nationally

Tell them old BD times up, Dude is running laps around them goofies..

Oh Lord. Here we go. 9 years behind? Really. Do you believe that Southern has been more places than Grambling? Do you really believe the Southern has more endorsements? Does Southern have more scholarships bandsmen than Grambling?

Please don't show your ignorance by answering yes to anything.

Man! The white man tells these SU folks that they are good, but not better than Ohio State and they are ready to walk on a fake _ss red carpet! Haymer hasn't been there more than 3 years, and now nobody has ever gotten national publicity.

Y'all have another 15 to 20 years to match Gramblings resume of national relations and places traveled.

Oh Lord. Here we go. 9 years behind? Really. Do you believe that Southern has been more places than Grambling? Do you really believe the Southern has more endorsements? Does Southern have more scholarships bandsmen than Grambling?

Man! The white man tells these SU folks that they are good, but not better than Ohio State and they are ready to walk on a fake _ss red carpet! Haymer hasn't been there more than 3 years, and now nobody has ever gotten national publicity.

Y'all have another 15 to 20 years to match Gramblings resume of national relations and places traveled.

I'ma play

The 9 years that I'm talking about, what has GSU done?

Go!

Within those 9 years that we are (well me) are discussing what more places or things/accomplishments has GSU done more than SU?

I'll proudly wait for your posts within that window span

Now if you standing on stuff that GSU did in the 80s early 90s and even the 70s era, please stop it

Like I said to JSU, they are standing on things of the past 70s, 80s, and early 90s and it comes off as you are doing the same thing while SU is running circles around your band program with accomplishments and national attention that we have been getting in those last 9 years that I named, Hell let's make it a 10 year window

I guess when 2020 comes, you will be still standing and talking about what the world Fame did in the 80s and early 90s huh LOL

But please list me the things over the last 10 years that GSU band program has done that is seeing anything SU has done?

Let me ask you this then

Post something that a national black media source or black man/figure has to say about GSU from the BOTB,

Post any media black outlet that has anything to say about GSU songs

Respectfully

I'll wait on it

Let me ayousk you this then

Post something that a national black media source or black man/figure has to say about GSU from the BOTB,

Post any media black outlet that has anything to say about GSU songs

Respectfully

I'll wait on it

Lol. OMG! This is terrible. Bighead, you might want to stay in a fan's lane. This is information that you would have to post your musical resume and marching band experience for me to respond. You sound too much like an ignorant random in this garbage you are posting. "Black media outlets about GSU songs"? OMG! What in the hell does that have to with anything? Oh, I get it. A recording artist give SU props for playing their song, and now that artist knows everything about critiquing marching band and the quality of a the piece. LMFAO!

I am sorry, but I can already tell what level you are on. Just know that numbers don't lie. You just continue to jump up for joy whenever your publicist lands SU another gig after all of the begging is completed. Just know that Grambling gets requested. Let me educate you about one thing at least: If Southern's entertainment/business game was above GSU's, then you would have more scholarships and a bigger travel budget.

Now if you want to do jumping jacks because Brandy danced with the dancing dolls or because Mayweather allowed you to play at a weight in, then go right ahead. That's cute for a band that is in year 2 of seeing themselves in the news besides for playing against Grambling on NBC or fighting with Prairie View on CNN. While you are getting off on see SU on instagram and Facebook, just know that Grambling's several endorsements are allowing another kid a marching, jazz, symphonic, concert, Wind Ensemble, Orchestra or show Band scholarship. I wonder why Southern doesn't have these options since they have done or do more. If you do more, you should have the funds to back it up don't ya think?​

Last edited:

Dude nobody is checking for GSU bruh but GSU folks

Get some national exposure and please miss me what that "old history" about GSU

Dude nobody is checking for GSU bruh but GSU folks

Get some national exposure and please miss me what that "old history" about GSU

If you think playing GSU on NBC is our only shine, sounds like that what you were trying to state, umm I coulda sworn we was just in the last 2 Super Bowls that were in New Orleans

I coulda sworn our drum line went to Africa and perform a few years ago (did your drum line go anything this millennium)
I coulda sworn our dancing dolls danced with Madonna for the Superbowl (where were yours)
I coulda sworn our band always play more at the Saints game then any band (how many times GSU played for the Saints in the past 2 years?)
I coulda sworn we were ranked the number one band by USA Today (what was your band ranked)

I mean all this recongitoin from playing GSU in the Bayou Classic, we should thank you guys sheesh

Dude stop it and let me know what your band is doing cuz clearly Haymer is running laps around everybody band in the HBCU world including yours

Ppl were glad to see yall do better this year...last 8 or 9 years have been pure ass from you goofies now yall get a few more claps and now you feeling like a proud dad to see his only son graduate, man go somewhere

All this musical background rap sheet stuff you speak, I couldn't care less how well you say you can wake up and sniff the air and smell out a B flat being played by a flute, really don't care folk, I been said I was a fan on here and to say "oh you can't talk about this and that cuz you didn't play or march" is pure ass, that's like saying "oh you can't talk about football cuz you didn't play" see how pure ass that sounds? and only ppl who say that and use sayings like that are weak and defend weak ass garbage.

I wonder why publicist are not checking for GSU, so now we know it's some envy in this, who says that LoL dude mad cuz ppl give shouts out to SU ALL THE TIME, then he has 2 ppl from JSU co-signing it LMAO..oh ok, I get it, we shouldn't be proud that ppl shout us out for doing a good job on their song, don't you think if SU played their song or whatever, bad would they still be giving us a shout-out LOL, I think not, so obviously it's more than just giving us a shout-out, I think and believe that they like how their songs are being played by the band

Can you say that about GSU?

Brandy danced for us, ok cute, again I couldn't care less, but did she dance for your band since you brought it up and you think we suppose to be excited cuz she did dance for us?

Did Mayweather say, hey I wanna pick GSU to play at my weigh in for the biggest fight LOL, hell no,
But guess what, all that you said and brought up, Guess what, (You watched) LMAO....all that envy and hate, and please miss me with the whole "I got SU alums yadda yadda and i cheer for you dudes" cuz TO ME it's all pure ass...when I hear you dudes say stuff like that it's like when white folks say "oh I'm not a racist, I have a black friend" LMAO...that's how that crap sounds when yall say crap like that, I couldn't care less who you know or speak too, in the present time, you envy and hating,

Dude stop
Nobody is checking for GSU but GSU ppl and that's not saying much..just like nobody thinks JSU is good but JSU past band members and alum LOL cut it out
both of yall

Bighead....please stop.

There are a number of notable first concerning The World Famed. There is a reason why our band is entitled The World Famed. We set the bar early on concerning HBCU Bands. Yes over the years we have fallen off whereby other HBCU bands have gained momentum but please know that long before other bands were traveling the world The World Famed laid a foundation unlike any other.

Quite frankly your comments sound beyond ignorant but flat out stupid. Ignorance means not knowing and I know you are well aware of the rich history of GSU but you choose to ignore that which brings upon stupidity.

Eddie Robinson and Conrad Hutchison formed a bond. Not only as co-workers but members of the same church. They coined the phrase "Have Band Will Travel." Meaning wherever the football went the band would go. This collaboration forged a positive opinion about HBCU bands. The types of things you are describing are things that these uninformed youngsters do in order to gain praise from other uninformed youngsters.

SMH....

Bighead....please stop.

There are a number of notable first concerning The World Famed. There is a reason why our band is entitled The World Famed. We set the bar early on concerning HBCU Bands. Yes over the years we have fallen off whereby other HBCU bands have gained momentum but please know that long before other bands were traveling the world The World Famed laid a foundation unlike any other.

Quite frankly your comments sound beyond ignorant but flat out stupid. Ignorance means not knowing and I know you are well aware of the rich history of GSU but you choose to ignore that which brings upon stupidity.

Eddie Robinson and Conrad Hutchison formed a bond. Not only as co-workers but members of the same church. They coined the phrase "Have Band Will Travel." Meaning wherever the football went the band would go. This collaboration forged a positive opinion about HBCU bands. The types of things you are describing are things that these uninformed youngsters do in order to gain praise from other uninformed youngsters.

SMH....
Dude what you and most ppl on this board fail to realize, that old stuff you talking about don't mean nothing to me.
Ignorance is not what you may describe me or so, because I am aware of what things GSU has done, but as you stated, "yes over the YEARS we have fallen off"

You could have stopped right there and those years where you and other bands (JSU) have fallen off SU and Haymer and Jackson Era have ran circles around your program thus why the hate comes our way

That's where and what I'm talking about, I couldn't care less on what bar yall set in 1984 or what yall did in the 70s, those ppl are old and gray, we talking about what yall doing NOW.

All this yadda yadda about how we are coined "The World Fame" miss me with that, I know about what yall did back in the day, and again I still put SU ahead of any band.

I'm speaking on what's going on NOW, who the write ups are being written about, who the ppl are coming to see and it's not YOUR BAND NOR ANY BAND NOT NAMED SU

That's my point.

Dudes in this bih sounding like Al Bundy and sh1t, "ol when I scored 4 TDs back in the day ass niggas"

What you doing now, selling shoes

You know it's hate and envy when dude states that we only get recognize cuz of us playing GSU on NBC and how we had a fight with PV LOL smh

sad

I coulda sworn UGA put in the contract that the band "must" be in attendance and that made national news
I coulda sworn the band was the talk outside of the HBCU world on how they performed at the UGA game, they talked about that all week

LOL funny guys smh

really it is

But I'ma let yall cook,

I'ma bow out

Back