Bayou Classic BOTB 2015

I know dude didn't say national exposure rotfl. We get national exposure for something, take those blue and gold shades off and you would know that. I'm still laughing that the Bayou Classic BOTBS was two weeks ago and people having high blood pressure over it lmao

I know dude didn't say national exposure rotfl. We get national exposure for something, take those blue and gold shades off and you would know that. I'm still laughing that the Bayou Classic BOTBS was two weeks ago and people having high blood pressure over it lmao

I clicked over here and was like damn they still having this discussion. LOL....ok so this dude is bringing up national exposure like this is something new to GSU. We don't get jealous or full of envy because SU is in the papers abut good stuff about their band nor do we speak negatively of it. Many of us GSU folks get excited and love seeing other bands mentioned.

Just recognize that this does not in any way affect how The World Famed is viewed. GSU set the stage and actually wrote the blueprint that ALL HBCU bands are following to this very day.

I think Bighead is trying to make a point about who is better....which is an opinionated fan determination.

In short who the fuck cares. LOL

Here we go with this corny stuff now ^^ LAME

LMAO

man see yall next year bruh...

Yall got a good band dayum I said it..

Still though, nobody aint checking for yall sheesh...

Yall sounded like ass this past Saturday and you standing on that?

smh..

Good luck with that

How is the view of one person embarrassing SU lmao.

dude is so lost and he's trying to convince me that his band is top shelf LMAO

pissy ass band, That play one good song and now they this and that, got 20 more claps than they did last year, and now they are on SU level

mojo's still living off the past just like other bands in this conference, smh...haven't done nothing worth mentioning in the last 10 or so years,

SU been running circles around you urkels and will continue to do so.

It's sad and disgusting if you ask me sheesh

Grambing, FAMU and Jackson State marching bands were on the map long before Southern's band became an after thought!

Really? So you think that JSU was on the map before SU? I can see FAMU. Foster was the Eddie Rob of HBCU bands and Hutch got to Gram before Doc did at SU in 69. Surely you don't think the others are greater than what Doc did from 69 to 2005. Seriously. I will give Gram their props. But like I have always said. Yall had a Legendary Football Coach to bring you along for the ride. When Doc took over SU. AW Mumford was gone. He built the SU program with no help from any Coaching. Even FAMU had Jake Gaither during the early Foster years. But I give Foster and FAMU the nod of being the FIRST to get National Exposure.

And I know we haven't seen a good TxSU band in awhile. But Ben Butler came in 69 as well. He had TxSU getting attention as well.

Really? So you think that JSU was on the map before SU? I can see FAMU. Foster was the Eddie Rob of HBCU bands and Hutch got to Gram before Doc did at SU in 69. Surely you don't think the others are greater than what Doc did from 69 to 2005. Seriously. I will give Gram their props. But like I have always said. Yall had a Legendary Football Coach to bring you along for the ride. When Doc took over SU. AW Mumford was gone. He built the SU program with no help from any Coaching. Even FAMU had Jake Gaither during the early Foster years. But I give Foster and FAMU the nod of being the FIRST to get National Exposure.

And I know we haven't seen a good TxSU band in awhile. But Ben Butler came in 69 as well. He had TxSU getting attention as well.

A little history that many are unaware of concerning the Rob/Hutch connection.

1. Both became Prince Hall Masons together at Evangelist Lodge #144
2. Both were members of the same church
3. Prez Jones was sitting in the "East" when Hutch and Rob became Masons.

That was bond that would last. Most feel like "oh they just had an understanding" but really their bond with one another was so much deeper than most think.

Above all I agree with your statement.

Oh some more background of the three and the connection to Dr. Greggs. Doc Greggs first cousin is a deacon (Mr. Nathaniel Blake-NUPE) at our church. Bro. Blake was reared in the same house with Dr. Greggs in Shreveport. Their family The Blakes participated in a number of civil rights events that took place in Shreveport. Do a google search for Harry Blake in Shreveport. Throughout my life Dr. Greggs would travel to Grambling and attend church. After church Coach Rob, Dr. Greggs, Conrad Hutchison, and Nathaniel Blake would go eat dinner.

This is the main reason I never understood why there was so much hatred between the two bands. Hell the directors who put these bands on the map were damn near bound at the hip.

Why so much hate for our HBCU programs both gsu an SU make the news. yearly!!!!! A comment was made said SU had to be in the contract for UGA. WELL GSU played CALI that same day and gsu made very big headlines in that along with their halftime show going viral too.both bands do awards. football games hell gsu have had three TV shows travel to countless NFL games and nba games even the all star games. arena football too I can go on and on. gsu an both su are very popular bands honda want gsu an SU to come to honda together badly because attendance will rise with two rivals being there but gsu took their name off the ballets all in all great job to both bands keep it up HBCU bands need great stories

Back