Sign in if you laughing at JSU right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experience watching others do the same dumb lazy mistakes.

I'm sure folks at JSU have seen this before.

nfs.jpg

LMAO!!!

Although we are laughing, but once they realized that the school had to keep dipping into their reserves funds after every fiscal year that should have alerted someone that the school were in a deficit spending pattern or spending more than it was generating. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Now they will have to determine which programs are generating enough cash to survive on their own. The programs that are not will probably receive major cuts or eliminated. IMO, IHL Board kept feeding them enough rope to hang themselves. As I stated before, it will be interesting to see the audit from the accounting firm the IHL board hired.

Although we are laughing, but once they realized that the school had to keep dipping into their reserves funds after every fiscal year that should have alerted someone that the school were in a deficit spending pattern or spending more than it was generating. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Now they will have to determine which programs are generating enough cash to survive on their own. The programs that are not will probably receive major cuts or eliminated. IMO, IHL Board kept feeding them enough rope to hang themselves. As I stated before, it will be interesting to see the audit from the accounting firm the IHL board hired.
Dude, again you're on the outside looking in. The IHL gave other schools funding, while refusing JSU's request time and time again. That WILL be brought up and a lawsuit could possibly be in the works for outright discrimination. Then we'll see where it goes from there.
The answers are in the details, not what a biased audit firm comes up with.

Dude, again you're on the outside looking in. The IHL gave other schools funding, while refusing JSU's request time and time again. That WILL be brought up and a lawsuit could possibly be in the works for outright discrimination. Then we'll see where it goes from there.

This is not about what the IHL Board gave other schools and what it didn't give JSU. It's about recognizing the signs of deficit spending. JSU could have long raised the attention to the public once they realized they were in a deficit spending pattern. They could have even made some adjustments on their own, but the school waited until the IHL Board to step in at a crucial point. As of now, no matter how much JSU blames the IHL Board, because of the school's lack of respond to a persistent problem, the IHL Board is the one that appears to be in the right. As I stated before, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when one is spending more than they are generating, especially when one has to keep dipping into their reserve funds. Da Queen knows her days are numbered at JSU with this scandal. Like a Norfolk State grad just recently stated to me, "their school is successfully back on track with a healthy growth rate".

Dr. Meyers is not going to survive this.
If sources near and dear to JSU are correct, she will likely retire or be fired before the end of the semester, and will leave Jackson as one of the institution’s greatest presidents, and at the center of one of its most peculiar crises. And her legacy deserves far better than that, given that she reinforced JSU’s positioning as a STEM powerhouse, maintained relatively competitive athletics, grew the campus infrastructure and boosted enrollment.

https://hbcudigest.com/how-bad-is-it-at-jackson-state-7769f82f4901#.k86pw5y37

Last edited:
This is not about what the IHL Board gave other schools and what it didn't give JSU. It's about recognizing the signs of deficit spending. JSU could have long raised the attention to the public once they realized they were in a deficit spending pattern. They could have even made some adjustments on their own, but the school waited until the IHL Board to step in at a crucial point. As of now, no matter how much JSU blames the IHL Board, because of the school's lack of respond to a persistent problem, the IHL Board is the one that appears to be in the right. As I stated before, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when one is spending more than they are generating, especially when one has to keep dipping into their reserve funds. Da Queen knows her days are numbered at JSU with this scandal. Like a Norfolk State grad just recently stated to me, "their school is successfully back on track with a healthy growth rate".

You sound about stupid. This is a joint problem. The IHL knew of the problem. Now, they are working together to fix it...
This was NOT the business of the public.

Also, what did she do at NSU. I bet you can't find anything specific about enrollment. NOTHING. But you can look. She remains the best President in the SWAC.

All I know is that everyone is writing articles prematurely... even HBCUDigest... as more info came out after he wrote that.

Everyone just needs to chill and know that JSU is better shape than the rest of you.

After I read his comment I said the same thing. He doesn't know much. First of all our reserves aren't what our programs depend on. Reserve in other term means rainy day fund, not operating budget.

Dude go chill out and focus on SU. You know nothing about what's happening at JSU. AGAIN, your on the outside looking in. How Norfolk back and running so well when they just recently fired there president. You comment and concern yourself about JSU more than us with actual degree(s) from there.

I'm not sure if you know Dr. Lackey but he said the IHL might done dug themselves in a hole if JSU decides to seek legal action against the state.

Same old shit...Sounds just like this dumb Black preacher I knew in Virginia. He had no idea on how a variable rate loan was getting paid back to the bank, but to him it was a gift from God and all the church needs to do is pray over it and have a few more fundraising revivals. The deficit spending started way back in 2012. Even Stevie Wonder would have seen that coming.

There are some mad mofos in here today............LMAO!!!!

Same old shit...Sounds just like this dumb Black preacher I knew in Virginia. He had no idea on how a variable rate loan was getting paid back to the bank, but to him it was a gift from God and all the church needs to do is pray over it and have a few more fundraising revivals. The deficit spending started way back in 2012. Even Stevie Wonder would have seen that coming.

And you STILL don't know what the heck you're talking about, but your ego won't allow you to acknowledge it.
Heck, do you even know what operating cost means? I'm sure you do, but you're just playing dumb when you know better.

And you STILL don't know what the heck you're talking about, but your ego won't allow you to acknowledge it.
Heck, do you even know what operating cost means? I'm sure you do, but you're just playing dumb when you know better.

Where did I say JSU was totally responsible for this mess. All I'm saying is that JSU should have recognized its deficit spending pattern by now. And if the reserve funds weren't spent on operating expenses, where did they go??? In other words, if the reserve funds were spent on something else other than operating expenses, then there are some serious fraudulent shit going on at JSU, which was right at the tune of $33 million from 2012 to 2016. But right now, all I am saying, since 2012 JSU has DRASTICALLY dipped into its reserve funds in order to keep the university functioning/operating properly. Now if you (Jayrob) know that the reserve funds were spent on something else other than operating expenses, please share your information. Inquiring minds would like to know. LOL!!!

+1. For true.

Where did I say JSU was totally responsible for this mess. All I'm saying is that JSU should have recognized its deficit spending pattern by now. And if the reserve funds weren't spent on operating expenses, where did they go??? In other words, if the reserve funds were spent on something else other than operating expenses, then there are some serious fraudulent shit going on at JSU, which was right at the tune of $33 million from 2012 to 2016. But right now, all I am saying, since 2012 JSU has DRASTICALLY dipped into its reserve funds in order to keep the university functioning/operating properly. Now if you (Jayrob) know that the reserve funds were spent on something else other than operating expenses, please share your information. Inquiring minds would like to know. LOL!!!
Basic finance fundamentals. Operating Budget, operating budget, operating budget. So if the ob is so BIG, how/why did the reserve fund get so depleted? Building up and/or establishing new programs should be completed via a structured plan to yield some level of return in it's infancy. Marketing research is typically part of the process. All growth is not positive growth. The lawsuit talk seems to be premature and unfounded at best. The movers and shakers at the IHL wouldnt audit publicly if there was potential for exposing evidence for a discrimination suit.....and to sustain a protracted legal case ones needs to be very liquid. IJS

Basic finance fundamentals. Operating Budget, operating budget, operating budget. So if the ob is so BIG, how/why did the reserve fund get so depleted? Building up and/or establishing new programs should be completed via a structured plan to yield some level of return in it's infancy. Marketing research is typically part of the process. All growth is not positive growth. The lawsuit talk seems to be premature and unfounded at best. The movers and shakers at the IHL wouldnt audit publicly if there was potential for exposing evidence for a discrimination suit.....and to sustain a protracted legal case ones needs to be very liquid. IJS

So you are saying that $4.2 million they have in their reserve funds is not enough to sustain a protracted legal case??? Aren't reserve funds for emergency purpose and not for lawsuits??? I can see dipping into your reserve funds sometimes, but only if there's a replenishing revenue source(s). From 2012 to 2016, someone should have at least said, "the university can't continue to dip into its reserve funds without having an adequate revenue resource(s) to replenish it".

now that I think about it, those broke bums were the main ones downplaying our $32 million capital campaign and our PV Foundation fundraising efforts with the athletic complex. Aint that some shat?...o_O

Did they call y'all for some muscle milk???

yeah and they was the main ones talking about Grambling and SU almost being shut down because of Jindal, Well look at what we got here

yeah and they was the main ones talking about Grambling and SU almost being shut down because of Jindal, Well look at what we got here

At least Southern's and Grambling's budgets were abruptly reduced due to Jindal's cuts in public education and it just wasn't Southern and Grambling. LSUA, Nicholls State, Northwestern State, etc. were all placed in jeopardy. I know for sure LSUA had paper works in the making to file for financial exigency since its reserve funds were at a critical low point. Now that Governor John Bel Edwards is in office, LSUA is back growing its enrollment and adding new programs.

LSU of Alexandria prepares to file for financial exigency
http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/ne...ia-prepares-file-financial-exigency/26262439/

Y'all so full of shit lmao....this whole fiasco is what happens when we use our own money to get things we need/want.

Scenario 1
JSU: we need new buildings and dorms
State of MS: maybe later
JSU: uses reserves
State of MS: how dare you
Coalition: hahahahaha

Scenario 2
JSU: we need stadium, academic buildings and new dorms
State of MS: Nope
Coalition: Yall need to stop begging hahahahaha

Again, y'all are full of shit.
http://www.agweb.com/article/alcorn...ew-agriculture-building-naa-associated-press/
Decent and in Order!

Totally different scenario.. u want JSU to fail so bad but we will FOREVER be better than SUx.

Live with it. You ain't gotta like it...

At least Southern's and Grambling's budgets were abruptly reduced due to Jindal's cuts in public education and it just wasn't Southern and Grambling. LSUA, Nicholls State, Northwestern State, etc. were all placed in jeopardy. I know for sure LSUA had paper works in the making to file for financial exigency since its reserve funds were at a critical low point. Now that Governor John Bel Edwards is in office, LSUA is back growing its enrollment and adding new programs.

LSU of Alexandria prepares to file for financial exigency
http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/ne...ia-prepares-file-financial-exigency/26262439/

BUT our budget has not been reduced at ALL... I would much rather be in our shoes than
yours. You too dumb to see that? smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back