Yes another Deion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spock Encerio GIF

kiffin turned auburn down and is signing an extension so they are still shopping. I don't know why you'd want to be somewhere you weren't the first choice though.

Kiffin is waiting to return to Tuscaloosa in a few years.

I think Coach Prime would do an amazing job at USF. However, Colorado is a Power 5 gig. It will be tough for Coach Prime to turn it down. Especially with USC and UCLA moving out of the PAC. The conference needs a face.

I hope he does turn it down because I think a better gig will come along. I don’t think Colorado is a good spot for Deion, but I do believe he can turn their program around and keep them in a Bowl Game with 6-8 wins on a regular basis.

If Deion takes the USF job, he will have the Bulls at the top of the conference in 3 years, and will be 10-11 win CFP buster in 4. However, FSU and Miami will not allow Deion to stay at USF if he wins 9+ games at USF in one season.

Anyway, happy for Coach Prime and Jackson State. The JSU job will be will be the most attractive it has ever been regardless to what Coach Prime decides.

When Colorado was winning, they recruited Texas and Louisiana well. Deon brings that back and will add Florida to the mix. if they are willing to give him a 6 year deal, no brainer.

I think Coach Prime would do an amazing job at USF. However, Colorado is a Power 5 gig. It will be tough for Coach Prime to turn it down. Especially with USC and UCLA moving out of the PAC. The conference needs a face.

I hope he does turn it down because I think a better gig will come along. I don’t think Colorado is a good spot for Deion, but I do believe he can turn their program around and keep them in a Bowl Game with 6-8 wins on a regular basis.

If Deion takes the USF job, he will have the Bulls at the top of the conference in 3 years, and will be 10-11 win CFP buster in 4. However, FSU and Miami will not allow Deion to stay at USF if he wins 9+ games at USF in one season.

Anyway, happy for Coach Prime and Jackson State. The JSU job will be will be the most attractive it has ever been regardless to what Coach Prime decides.

But will the folks behind the curtain who made sure Deion would not fail financially and brokered the NIL deals for the same three players stay?

I'll be shocked if he leaves and a bit disappointed, actually. He's been great for hbcus and the swac overall. At least one more year to show up the swac coaches who NEED that kind of fire to stay lit under them because they have as many excuses as he has put touchdowns on their heads.

Coach Prime has a lot to think about such as his 2 sons who play football along with his daughter who is on the women basketball team. His kids seem to love the HBCU culture. I just don’t get a good feeling for this Colorado offer.

I agree. I just think he will get a better offer than Colorado sooner than later.
Just depends on the kinda money they’re offering and what his goals are. From the beating Colorado took today from Utah if Deion were able to turn that program around he’d truly be seen as a miracle worker and might even get a shot at the League. Years ago he talked about being interested in coaching in the League but felt that with his experience as a player and his accomplishments he shouldn’t have to go the usual route of working his way up.

And I think he wants to give his sons a couple years to get some tape against FBS competition.

Just depends on the kinda money they’re offering and what his goals are. From the beating Colorado took today from Utah if Deion were able to turn that program around he’d truly be seen as a miracle worker and might even get a shot at the League. Years ago he talked about being interested in coaching in the League but felt that with his experience as a player and his accomplishments he shouldn’t have to go the usual route of working his way up.

And I think he wants to give his sons a couple years to get some tape against FBS competition.
He’s repeatedly said he doesn’t want to coach in the NFL.

He’s repeatedly said he doesn’t want to coach in the NFL.
He also said he was on a mission from God to uplift HBCU’s and you fools believed that. Then he went and interviewed with TCU and twice with Arkansas.

I don’t pay as much attention to people’s words as I do their deeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back