Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at the Oscars !?#$@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
277570926_10103487421392104_980959101943351086_n.jpg

Had an interesting convo today with a co-worker who teaches Digital Media and is also an independent film maker. I wasn't feeling the argument that it was all staged, until he alerted me to something that I agreed has happened. The fact is, attention has indeed been taken away from a successful movie in which not only was the Oscar awarded for the portrayal of a strong real-life Black Male character who made some things happen, but the movie itself had Black Producers, Directors, and Screen Writers. #diversion

I still don't think anything was staged, but, with all of that in mind, we know that behind the scenes in Hollywood, it is well document that strange things are always happening. #shrug

Last edited:
Had an interesting convo today with a co-worker who teaches Digital Media and is also an independent film maker. I wasn't feeling the argument that it was all staged, until he alerted me to something that I agreed has happened. The fact is, attention has indeed been taken away from a successful movie in which not only was the Oscar awarded for the portrayal of a strong real-life Black Male character who made some things happen, but the movie itself had Black Producers, Directors, and Screen Writers. #diversion

I still don't think anything was staged, but, with all of that in mind, we know that behind the scenes in Hollywood, it is well document that strange things are always happening. #shrug
Quest Love winning Best Documentary Feature for "Summer of Love" has been overshadowed as a result of this also.

If Will would have came my way, he wouldn't have been moving with his Aunt and Unk to Bel-Air. His ass would have been moving to......

upper-room-eddie-murphy.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
How did Chris go too far though? He's a comedian. Thats what they do. The joke was tame. Has he acknowledged that he knew she had alopecia? Is Jada arrogant enough to believe that everyone knows her condition? (The answer to that is yes,lol)
There are no secrets in Hollywood. Chris is no fool and he is not unread.

“These just jokes” don’t work on everybody. If the recipient don’t think what you’re saying is funny, then you better be prepared for whatever response you get.
Yes, be prepared for a response but what Will did was a bitch move. Like other's are saying on here, he knew who he could do that too. Guarantee he wouldn't have done that to somebody like saaaaaay, Shannon Sharpe😄 "I'd a come up out dat tux and whooped Will's ass". LOL

Yes, be prepared for a response but what Will did was a bitch move. Like other's are saying on here, he knew who he could do that too. Guarantee he wouldn't have done that to somebody like saaaaaay, Shannon Sharpe😄 "I'd a come up out dat tux and whooped Will's ass". LOL
I agree. But I also think what Chris did was a bitch move. Chris opened that door, and Will walked in.

But, on a lighter note, I am waiting with bated breath to read/hear what Aunt Viv (Janet Hubert) has to say about all of this.🤣 I know she and Will kissed, hugged, and made up, but.........🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back