What's the update with the New JSU Stadium??

I have to say, Mississippi's racism against blacks is on the next level.

Looking at what is going on with water and now JSU, its different.
I could write for days about it...the "racist" white folks in Mississippi have intentionally run their state like the civil rights era didn't happen for decades....they hold back resources and quality of life on purpose....it's no excuse for all that outdated infrastructure and lack of amenities around the state just to spite black people..

I don't know why people keep forgetting this. The things this state has done to Alcorn is criminal. I think we are the only land grant HBCU without an Engineering degree. They have deliberately undermined everything we've tried to get to not infringe on Miss State, in the old days it was about us not harming Ole Miss.

I'll raise you that with Valley being the only public institution in north Mississippi without a nursing program (because they know if Valley gets a nursing program, it will become a feeder program getting students from MDCC, Coahoma and Holmes.

That's why I keep saying that another lawsuit is inevitable against Mississippi because of everything that has happened since the Ayers case (which in hindsight was terrible)

As far as the IHL is concerned, I would push Brandon Presley to see if he plans on ensuring the SWAC schools are represented in the IHL or is he gonna be Jim Hood 2. He is leading in the polls but never count out these crooked GOP running the state

I could write for days about it...the "racist" white folks in Mississippi have intentionally run their state like the civil rights era didn't happen for decades....they hold back resources and quality of life on purpose....it's no excuse for all that outdated infrastructure and lack of amenities around the state just to spite black people..

As I always say, they intentionally hold the state back to spite the almost 40% of the state that is black while convincing the many poor white people here that the reason that they are poor is because of the "lazy" black people

But this welfare scandal MIGHT just be enough to finally get a Dem in Jackson. MIGHT (because Tater Tot has pissed off a lot of people for how bad he has been (that whole welfare thing that he is directly tied to, hospitals closing up, etc) but never count out the crooked GOP here).

I'll raise you that with Valley being the only public institution in north Mississippi without a nursing program (because they know if Valley gets a nursing program, it will become a feeder program getting students from MDCC, Coahoma and Holmes.

That's why I keep saying that another lawsuit is inevitable against Mississippi because of everything that has happened since the Ayers case (which in hindsight was terrible)

As far as the IHL is concerned, I would push Brandon Presley to see if he plans on ensuring the SWAC schools are represented in the IHL or is he gonna be Jim Hood 2. He is leading in the polls but never count out these crooked GOP running the state

It seems like quite a few southern states will need to file higher education lawsuits again. Numerous states owe HBCU(s) a substantial amount of money…..new day & SOS.

Tennessee State has set the template for southern states. At least $1.5 billion minimum for the 3 SWAC schools in Mississippi with no janky stipulations

TNST is DUE 1.9 billion…same problem

TNST is DUE 1.9 billion…same problem

They got awarded $500 million but with janky stipulations (can't build any new buildings on campus with it; only update existing ones)

All states are treating HBCU's similarly....Mississippi just doesn't try hide any of their actions....it is in your face with it. Most states just play the shell game with HBCU's.....they show you that there is a prize out there....HBCU's just never seem to pick the right shell.....(which has always been the case because the rules will always change as soon as you get close to receiving your fair share of the funding)

They got awarded $500 million but with janky stipulations (can't build any new buildings on campus with it; only update existing ones)
Not only that, it appears they are attempting to place them under a new board to control those resources. I haven’t been able to confirm it thus far though. I like to have sources when stating something.

All states are treating HBCU's similarly....Mississippi just doesn't try hide any of their actions....it is in your face with it. Most states just play the shell game with HBCU's.....they show you that there is a prize out there....HBCU's just never seem to pick the right shell.....(which has always been the case because the rules will always change as soon as you get close to receiving your fair share of the funding)

It’s a loaded shell….

The ONLY reason I want JSU to get a stadium is so that people can just stop talking about it... LOL
Just build something, anything. I dont want a rinky dink like Alabama State BUT I will take it if it will make people STFU.

These people trying to pass a bill for a $120M stadium and WE as alums have no idea what the stadium will look like, capacity, parking, concessions, amenities, etc... Maybe the important people know but regular SUPPORTING people like me, don't.

We cant even park 4000 students at a time. How we gonna park 40-80K people?

I can only imagine tht the stadium bill will definitely die now because of the president issue. And this the year we were very much on tab for it.

And then the same comptroller that attempted to takke over Mason, TN (over 60% black) after Ford announced they were building a plant in the area is now trying to take over TSU's budget as well but their president is embarrassing him

As far as the stadium is concerned... tried to tell yall from the beginning. Again your best hope is that Elvis's cousin beats Tater Tot in November. You know if Tater Tot wins, you got 4 more years of him and then 8 years of Hosemann afterwards and I don't think that Mississippi (especially black Mississippi) can survive 4 more years of Tater Tot

This thread been real quiet and I can't find any updates online. I guess JSU will keep talking about it to get recruits but never making any tangible steps towards building a new stadium?

This thread been real quiet and I can't find any updates online. I guess JSU will keep talking about it to get recruits but never making any tangible steps towards building a new stadium?
You are ill informed if you believe at this stage JSU is the reason why steps have not been taken for a new stadium. JSU or anybody on this board don’t owe no answers to you or the outsiders. When a new official president is in place , and state lawmakers are ready to stop playing in the schools face then you will hear something. Until then, find you some business and wait for basketball season since Texas southern is not at the top of your mind at this time.

Last edited:
You are ill informed if you believe at this stage JSU is the reason why steps have not been taken for a new stadium. JSU or anybody on this board don’t owe no answers to you or the outsiders. When a new official president is in place , and state lawmakers are ready to stop playing in the schools face then you will hear something. Until then, find you some business and wait for basketball season since Texas southern is not at the top of your mind at this time.
I don't know, I feel something is fundamentally off over there at JSU. Texas and Alabama is racist as hell but yet PV and Alabama State got new state of the art stadiums on their campuses with major state support in the last about 10 years. Hell we even got stadium support from the state and I know the state hate us. Usually deep south states make an extra effort to fund football before they'll fund anything else for a HBCU. Get it together over there.

Last edited:
I don't know, I feel something is fundamentally off over there at JSU. Texas and Alabama is racist as hell but yet PV and Alabama State got new state of the art stadiums on their campuses with major state support in the last about 10 years. Hell we even got stadium support from the state and I know the state hate us Usually deep south states make an extra effort to fund football before they'll fund anything else for a HBCU. Get it together over there.
The damn governor publicly said he doesn't want JSU to have a stadium if it means taxpayers will be responsible for a portion of the funding.

https://hbcusports.com/2022/09/17/m...bout-jackson-state-building-football-stadium/

Last edited:
Sounds like ya'll have 3 options: 1) More ass kissing to get him to change his mind 2) Organize to get a friendlier pro-JSU Republican in office b/c a Democrat will never win 3) Come up with the funding on your own
Bama State went to the bond market to finance their stadium.

Back