What's the update with the New JSU Stadium??

JSUTiger10

What's going on with the new stadium for JSU?? We have been waiting since last March for the study to be finished and an update. There are rumors that the new stadium plans were to go forward and be revealed during Blue and White week and still nothing yet. What is the update?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What's going on with the new stadium for JSU?? We have been waiting since last March for the study to be finished and an update. There are rumors that the new stadium plans were to go forward and be revealed during Blue and White week and still nothing yet. What is the update?

The Jackson State Football Spring Game (second scrimmage) will be televised on ESPNU on April 24, 2022. Maybe, stadium updates will be provided the week before this game.

So because they disagreed on location the state just X The entire proposal. Smh. The state not wanting it on campus just go to show that $40m is not a number they are willing to invest in jsu infrastructure. Sad… I’ve heard that jsu and prime had a plan B anyway. Will be interesting

Not sure why they'd pick a location of an "on-campus" stadium off-campus and in a potential flood zone (state fairgrounds flood of 1979).

Last edited:
So because they disagreed on location the state just X The entire proposal. Smh. The state not wanting it on campus just go to show that $40m is not a number they are willing to invest in jsu infrastructure. Sad… I’ve heard that jsu and prime had a plan B anyway. Will be interesting

Location is a huge consideration for such a major investment

Sooooo ... WTF

They didn't want the plan to build the stadium on JSU-owned property, but liked two other flood-prone sites that aren't really near the campus?

That's that BS ... Make it make sense
Nobody said the process was going to be handed to JSU on a silver platter like other non HBCU institutions have been afforded, but it will be done I believe sooner than later. We will have our day.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
My question is was the location issue the only reason that the plan was put on the back burner?? The school had been trying to put the stadium on campus for YEARS they had to know that. And Then when the study is done and the consultants say the number one location for the stadium should be at the school, it gets tabled because they think the stadium should be closer to downtown?? This does not make since at all. What is gonna change next year that is gonna make it easier for them to make a decision. The school has already said they wanted it on campus so that the students and alumni will be able to walk to the stadium.

Last edited:
Sooooo ... WTF

They didn't want the plan to build the stadium on JSU-owned property, but liked two other flood-prone sites that aren't really near the campus?

That's that BS ... Make it make sense

Mississippi politics. Them colonizers will always try to be two steps ahead of you to get the worst possible deal when it comes to HBCUs (see Valley). They don't want a new JSU stadium in a good location because that would be beneficial to 80%+ black Jackson and not the metro Jackson area. And I'm sure anywhere around that stadium would be developed by JSU to benefit black Jackson and they don't want that

Mississippi politics. Them colonizers will always try to be two steps ahead of you to get the worst possible deal when it comes to HBCUs (see Valley). They don't want a new JSU stadium in a good location because that would be beneficial to 80%+ black Jackson and not the metro Jackson area. And I'm sure anywhere around that stadium would be developed by JSU to benefit black Jackson and they don't want that
Man you hit it on the head

They will build a stadium for JSU. But, it will be so many stipulations that they will lose out in the long run.

The best thing for JSU to do is to get private financing, find the land, and go from there.
They hot right now. Find the funding and build... and while 35k would be nice... largest on campus stadium in the swac and def a sellout every home game, but that feels a little small for jsu.

Back