What's the update with the New JSU Stadium??

The stadium wouldn’t be built for jackson, it’s for jackson state. I wish y’all would stop grouping jackson state and jackson as ONE ENTITY. Jackson State business still has to continue despite city issues. Despite any issues the city faces jackson state will gladly accept any approved project by the state. Mississippi hasn’t built not one building for jsu in over 15 years.

I ain't doing a damn thing. The state is. Jackson State is a HBCU in a black city. If you thin this current legislature is gonna do something that would benefit Jackson State/Jackson, I got some beachfront property to sell you in Greenville

They are literally showing you what they think of BP with the attempted takeovers of the water system, airport, judical system and police departments

For the sake of everyone involved, Mississippi better hope the polling continues to trend downwards for Tater Tot so that the SWAC schools can at least get a prayer of a chance with Elvis Presley's cousin in office

I don't think JSU will get a new stadium unless they sue. The state refuses to fix a basic infrastructure issues like providing clean water to the JSU campus so why would they approve a football stadium so a black college can better recruit away black players from UM, MSU, and USM ... keep dreaming. Black people have NO POWER in Mississippi despite being almost 50% of the population .. the white power structure is that rigid and well organized. JSU will need to seek funding outside the state for that stadium but HBCUs (especially SWAC schools) historically have a terrible track record of athletic funding. JSU can fundraise to get the money outside the state but it's highly unlikely

Mississippi is almost 50% black and NEVER had a black elected to ANY statewide office. That's pretty scary and concerning in regards to how blacks are ignored and marginalized.
JSU will get the funds this session

I ain't doing a damn thing. The state is. Jackson State is a HBCU in a black city. If you thin this current legislature is gonna do something that would benefit Jackson State/Jackson, I got some beachfront property to sell you in Greenville

They are literally showing you what they think of BP with the attempted takeovers of the water system, airport, judical system and police departments

For the sake of everyone involved, Mississippi better hope the polling continues to trend downwards for Tater Tot so that the SWAC schools can at least get a prayer of a chance with Elvis Presley's cousin in office
And the situation will only get worse b/c most of the upwardly mobile native black people leave the state. So what you have left is a highly uneducated and poor black population that don't care or have the resources to properly organize to gain enough FAIR control of the state.

And the black churches are worthless and ineffective in organizing and improving the black commmunity. And what I find odd is the number of black churches in Jackson led by greedy rich white folks. Just the whole situation is messed up. It's not good to be black in America and it's damn sure ain't good to be black in Mississippi ... you gotta worry about racism AND your "own people" bringing you down. The black on black violent crime is astronomical. White on white violent crime pales in comparison to us.

Last edited:
And again why would the best players (and black scholars) wanna spent their college years in a city with serious infrastructure and economic issues. Not only do Jackson have water issues, it's a food desert. I feel like a stadium shouldn't be a high priority for the people of Jackson. I know JSU athletics is a fun and much needed distraction from the daily struggle of Jackson living but priorities are priorities. I feel like once the BASIC infrastructure and economic issues are fixed, the new stadium will more easily fall in place

Why won’t JSU build their own stadium utilizing bonds like Bama State and AAMU?
JSU don't have much business sense. It took Deion to tell them that the SHC was a bad business deal but I been knowing that for years. JSU leadership don't think outside the box apparently. You telling me college educated people couldn't figure out that taking 150K home out of over $2 million in game day revenue is fair ... get out of here

JSU don't have much business sense. It took Deion to tell them that the SHC was a bad business deal but I been knowing that for years. JSU leadership don't think outside the box apparently. You telling me college educated people couldn't figure out that taking 150K home out of over $2 million in game day revenue is fair ... get out of here

Thats a lie and Deion had nothing to do with us pulling out of the SHC. Also, I bet we have always made more money than TxSo. Smart business sense for yall would be going D2.

And again why would the best players (and black scholars) wanna spent their college years in a city with serious infrastructure and economic issues. Not only do Jackson have water issues, it's a food desert. I feel like a stadium shouldn't be a high priority for the people of Jackson. I know JSU athletics is a fun and much needed distraction from the daily struggle of Jackson living but priorities are priorities. I feel like once the BASIC infrastructure and economic issues are fixed, the new stadium will more easily fall in place

Also, you seem slow. Jackson is asking for things that Jackson wants and needs.
JSU is asking for things that JSU wants and needs.
Why are you telling us what is a priority in Jackson. JSU leaders have to look out for JSU.

We will get this stadium, unfortunately. Renovating Memorial would be a better option but there is nothing to stop this from happening.
Do you see that break down? JSU is getting over bigtime.

Why won’t JSU build their own stadium utilizing bonds like Bama State and AAMU?
Also, we are using bonds. Cant you read? lol
If not not mistaken, your stadium only cost $65M. We are taking out $40M in bonds. Not sure how much in bonds you all took out. The state is giving us the other $80M free and clear.

Slightly off topic, IMHO, too many HBCU Presidents and top administrators see athletics as a liability but a necessary evil . They don’t look at contracts close enough, subtract overhead with intentions of turning a profit or get a competent individual to focus on it. The secondary deal the SWAC office was able to secure was a step in the right direction for decreasing overhead. The primary deal need work when the new deal can be negotiated. As long as schools are contributing to athletic departments to cover overhead, don’t look for athletic departments to have total control over the revenue generated. Most small schools athletic departments cannot break even independently with their current business model and practices.

Last edited:
Because we want a nice stadium. Not what yall have.
At least we have an on-campus stadium we paid for and not the state of Alabama. BTW…our not so nice stadium is hosting the 2023 Battle of the Bands. I just drove by the stadium. A new scoreboard and other amenities are being made as I type. You guys needs to concentrate on building your own stadium and not rely on the conservative MS state government.

At least we have an on-campus stadium we paid for and not the state of Alabama. BTW…our not so nice stadium is hosting the 2023 Battle of the Bands. I just drove by the stadium. A new scoreboard and other amenities are being made as I type. You guys needs to concentrate on building your own stadium and not rely on the conservative MS state government.
I've been to ASU football stadium. Easily the best FCS stadium I visited. And it sounds like it's getting even better. The only HBCU that can compete is PVAMU but I really don't like their stadium ... feels high schoolish. ASU feels very collegiate.

Last edited:
I've been to ASU football stadium. Easily the best FCS stadium I visited. And it sounds like it's getting even better. The only HBCU that can compete is PVAMU but I really don't like there stadium ... feels high schoolish. ASU feels very collegiate.
It's got that "curb appeal" when you drive past on 85.

Also, I live down the road from that new Tomball ISD stadium off Grand Parkway. It does kinda look like PV's stadium.

Also, you seem slow. Jackson is asking for things that Jackson wants and needs.
JSU is asking for things that JSU wants and needs.
Why are you telling us what is a priority in Jackson. JSU leaders have to look out for JSU.
Exactly.that’s all I was saying. Many outsiders keep putting jackson and jsu as ONE ENTITY. They are separate. I Dnt understand why that’s so hard to understand.

We will get this stadium, unfortunately. Renovating Memorial would be a better option but there is nothing to stop this from happening.
Do you see that break down? JSU is getting over bigtime.
What you mean jsu is getting over big time ?

Thanks. ASU borrowed over $260m through this process over 10 years ago and revitalized the campus by adding dorms, stadium, academic buildings, softball, soccer and baseball fields and other improvement. at the time I opposed it, but money was cheap and construction cost was stable. Recently most of the indebtedness has been forgiven and left the University in great financial shape.

Thanks. ASU borrowed over $260m through this process over 10 years ago and revitalized the campus by adding dorms, stadium, academic buildings, softball, soccer and baseball fields and other improvement. at the time I opposed it, but money was cheap and construction cost was stable. Recently most of the indebtedness has been forgiven and left the University in great financial shape.
All that is fine and dandy when you have state leaders that want try to find a way to ensure it Doenst work. In Mississippi it’s not about jsu making it work. It’s about a Republican control racist government that will do whatever it takes to make sure jsu and other HBCU’s within the state Dnt grow. I’m Mississippi everything has to be approved by IHL which is a state entity no matter who’s paying for it especially large projects. In 2014 democratic state representative Bennie Thompson found a way for jsu to have a third party pay for construction of new dorms but IHL blocked it siting dismissal of the president as reason why. It’s always something no matter who is going to pay for the project. As crazy as it sounds jsu is getting the stadium approved this year but it’s because of motives that support the white folks in the long run. No disrespect.

Keep in mind that the state of MS has to approve everything its public universities do.

Keep in mind that the state of MS has to approve everything its public universities do.

I don't know why people keep forgetting this. The things this state has done to Alcorn is criminal. I think we are the only land grant HBCU without an Engineering degree. They have deliberately undermined everything we've tried to get to not infringe on Miss State, in the old days it was about us not harming Ole Miss.

Back