what makes grambling so slaw???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Prof K
And you are right no one in your band over blows, EVERYONE in your band over blows. It would seem like you should be the one to go back and look at that puffy cheeked trumpet section (like thats a cool way to play) and really listen to what was coming out of those bells.
Hmmmmmmm........:shame: :shame: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Heh, I think y'all jumping the gun here.
Some people say that we (GSU) live in the past, But if I'm not mistaken this is a new marching season. Last season is last season, let's see what this 2003 edition of the " The World Famed" have to offer before y'all start complaining. If you want us to operate in the present, you guys need to do the same.:redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Tiger T
Heh, I think y'all jumping the gun here.
Some people say that we (GSU) live in the past, But if I'm not mistaken this is a new marching season. Last season is last season, let's see what this 2003 edition of the " The World Famed" have to offer before y'all start complaining. If you want us to operate in the present, you guys need to do the same.:redhot:

Let the church say,

AMEN!!!!

Also I want to comment on the statement about dancing in school letters. When did this become a rule that you couldn't? Some people find the lamest stuff to complain about.

If anything, complain about horns on the ground, you know ish that cost money that could be ruined if "danced" on. Or how about laying on the ground while in uniform. You know, ish that can get dirty, the real ish that lets a person know that you represent a certain school. Or better yet, how about a band member being drunk in uniform.

Dancing in school letters is a crime, give me a break.

true i didn't see this in the rule books, the crowd loved it and it looked good i guess why haters are complaining, now grambling will always put on a great show, we do certain things to draw the crowd into the show. with the energy that gram gives off on the field that's why people concentrate on gram so much on the field, if everything keeps going as planned that energy will be in the stands coming out the horns:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: all that fire whew.

First of all, SU didn't play a single march in 1993 as well as whatever year you said in the 2ks. And you are right no one in your band over blows, EVERYONE in your band over blows. It would seem like you should be the one to go back and look at that puffy cheeked trumpet section (like thats a cool way to play) and really listen to what was coming out of those bells. Oh, and one more thing SU hasn't done a NEW drill since the early 80's. Did Greggs run out of ideas? You say you don't hate GSU but every thread Iv'e read of yours says otherwise.

Peace

LOL!!!! Dude I barely post on this board and I dont even make threads on here so what in the fucc are you talking about? I find it very funny for someone from yall band to be talking about overblowing. I just finished watching a tape of this years Battle of the bands and even people without a musical ear can tell that yall sounded bad. Why do you think they started booing on that aaliyah song? GSU has become so sorry that yall old heads dont even go to the battle of the bands anymore. I can name atleast 4 people who marched in the band in the 80's that wont step foot in the superdome that friday night even if you payed them. Just face it yall are sorry. In my first post I was giving yall constructive critisism but I see yall cant handle that schitt. LOL!!!! I actually thought I was helping yall and giving yall the reason why everyone feels the way they do about yall. BTW if we overblow and sound so bad then why at the end of the year do people from every band in the SWAC rates us as being #1 and #2? Once you answer that you will realize that everything you said above is false and down right stupid. But what should I expect, its Grambling.LOL!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You grambling people are funny. I think some of you all are the same people. You asked the questions and didnt get the answers you were looking for, now you blow up and start crying. The time is now approaching. I will see some of what you have to offer later on TV. Good Luck and do not sound bad.......

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
Let the church say,

AMEN!!!!

Also I want to comment on the statement about dancing in school letters. When did this become a rule that you couldn't? Some people find the lamest stuff to complain about.

If anything, complain about horns on the ground, you know ish that cost money that could be ruined if "danced" on. Or how about laying on the ground while in uniform. You know, ish that can get dirty, the real ish that lets a person know that you represent a certain school. Or better yet, how about a band member being drunk in uniform.

Dancing in school letters is a crime, give me a break.

Who said dancing in your school letters was a crime? I know i didn't. I just found it a bit odd thats all.:rolleyes:

Calm ya noives gsu peeps, its gonna be ok...... i guess.;)

wow four grambling old heads don't go to the battle of the bands that's a big number, trus gram hasn't been on their shat the past couple of years but the band has improved a lot and you will see the 2003-04 version this fall damn i hear so much that grambling always speaks about the past so what r u doing already judging which can't be done until you see the finished product damn. i'm an old head from gsu and still support gsu, through thick and thin i will always be there. their are true old heads like me and there are some that just want to get on the band wagon when the band is back to their full potential which i call fakers.

you are a decade lie, but thats your opinion you are not the damn band god so who gives a damn what u think. i know i don't and gsu don't give a fudge. and please don't speak if your band has not contributed to the band world not saying any names. you people jump on the damn band wagon everytime: monkey see,monkey do . time one person says something negative about gsu here come the butt kissers right behind them, but i see gsu is on your mind. you may love us, you may hate but we still are making history, after history, after history at the present time still paving the ways for hbcu bands like it or not.

Originally posted by usa today
pine bluff you need to do a creative field show then u can talk to me, new kids on the block.

Our field show were more creative last year than grumbles. You need to sound good first, then you can talk to me, washed up band.....

i don't need to talk to uabp , gram has the tools the history to study from on sound and shows so what can uapb do for gram absolutely nothing, gram sounds great this year and i won't be saying that if it wasn't true to make me look bad, but you are the type i see that has the learn the hard way. and uapb never did a damn creative show, the past years uapb played in shreveport you could hear crickets in independence stadium, no creativity just did step 2 drills feature yours flags, danceline sometimes do a slow number try to dance do the wackest breakdowns on planet earth march off the field that's it. i want to know what does uapb do that other bands can't do, be real with me i say nothing you all are a average band. like su has that brassy sound and the best drills, j-state has that great showmanship, drum majors , j-cettes, powerful sound, gram has a different style of marching of their own, high energetic shows, choreography like no other and this years band adds clean powerful sound i hope you don't believe me lol. pb has a good sound but it's not nothing to bragg about know i can see if you had the sound of su or jsu then thats something to bragg about. and washed up my arse grambling is way in cali where is uapb right at home. gram is going ot be on center stage once again showcasing the world famed.

Dont bring southern and jackson in this. The point is grambling hasnt been good in awhile. Field shows and all. PB has, you need to catch up with us......

no i have to bring those 2 in here because you all on here like uabp is just the shat you acting like you all sound so good i see you got a little fear towards su and jsu and that is understandable for uapb since you are the babies, like i said gram sounds great this year you will witness that this fall. and we don't have to catch up with nothing we are trying to catch up with the old grambling bands of the 60's,70's 80's and early 90's not uapb lol damn i see stuff going to your head to quick somebody gonna have to give you a wake up call to show you that it takes years to be legendary.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You keep refering to "that Aaliyah song" but I can remember in 2001 Southern got booooooooooooooood in the exact same dome one Friday night in November. You must really think that SU sounded good then too, huh? Well it just shows how many old heads you know at GSU who won't go in the dome. Who are they anyway your parents and your brother who went to Gram?
Surely at SU they taught you that four is a really big number. If GSU really sounded so bad then why is our resume so long and yours so..... incomplete? You would be proud to be voted #1 by the SWAC, the same bands that do the same boring things that your band does, play the same boring songs you play (ESPN, Can You Feel It) and the same style of field shows. Its all the same....A simple follow the leader drill, Stand still and let the honeys dance, Next a slow cut (maybe), scatter drill in to what I like to call the "SWAC BOX" because everybody goes into this formation for the break down, then a Rap song then the instruments go on the ground. How do you not step on someone elses horn? I'm sure it happens every year to someone! What are the odds? Anyway, then you march off the field and that is what you do. No wonder you get voted by the swac. GSU is voted on by the world.

Originally posted by usa today
no i have to bring those 2 in here because you all on here like uabp is just the shat you acting like you all sound so good i see you got a little fear towards su and jsu and that is understandable for uapb since you are the babies, like i said gram sounds great this year you will witness that this fall. and we don't have to catch up with nothing we are trying to catch up with the old grambling bands of the 60's,70's 80's and early 90's not uapb lol damn i see stuff going to your head to quick somebody gonna have to give you a wake up call to show you that it takes years to be legendary.

lol..unlike grumbling being legendary is the last thing on our mind...entertaining the crowd and embarassing washed up programs like GSU..in the present is all that matters...and years to come...

cant say the same for gsu..we might be the babies but we have outshined u...in every aspect...i could careless if the "Man" wants us to be in a movie..superbowl..or michelin all purpose tires commercial..

we get our respect from..fans,highschools biting off us[imitation is the best form of flattery] and opponents comparing us to top notch competition in the heat of battle ..not by signing on a dotted line..for cartoon network

gsu back in the day earned the right to be called world famed..they deserved it..they looked good and above all else sounded good...the gsu of now has earned the title world lamed...
i could get a bunch of deaf people in a room to watch a gsu fieldshow..and of course dey would say yall loook good but..if they could hear u they'd be dissappointed too...:(

You keep refering to "that Aaliyah song" but I can remember in 2001 Southern got booooooooooooooood in the exact same dome one Friday night in November. You must really think that SU sounded good then too, huh? Well it just shows how many old heads you know at GSU who won't go in the dome. Who are they anyway your parents and your brother who went to Gram?
Surely at SU they taught you that four is a really big number. If GSU really sounded so bad then why is our resume so long and yours so..... incomplete? You would be proud to be voted #1 by the SWAC, the same bands that do the same boring things that your band does, play the same boring songs you play (ESPN, Can You Feel It) and the same style of field shows. Its all the same....A simple follow the leader drill, Stand still and let the honeys dance, Next a slow cut (maybe), scatter drill in to what I like to call the "SWAC BOX" because everybody goes into this formation for the break down, then a Rap song then the instruments go on the ground. How do you not step on someone elses horn? I'm sure it happens every year to someone! What are the odds? Anyway, then you march off the field and that is what you do. No wonder you get voted by the swac. GSU is voted on by the world.

LOL!!! This is by far the dumbest statement I have seen on here in a while. First off the reason I mentioned that I have family that went to Grambling was to establish that I have a connection with Grambling. I grew up watching that band because my brother played in it and every chance we got to see them we did. The band back then was on a way different level than what your band is today. Secondly no where in my post did I say that 4 people was a big number. That statement was made to let you know how your old heads feel about yall. Besides thats all that I know of, Im more than sure its more than that. They have people in your band that dont like your band. With that being said let me ask this question how many of SU old heads do you know would say that they dont want to go to the battle of bands cause they dont like the way the band is going? You dont even have to answer that cause you dont know none. Let me ask another question who voted GSU #1 in the SWAC? I know no other band directors did or was that something to make yall feel better about almost losing yall accreditation?:smh: But you go ahead and keep thinking that yall band is good. We saw what happened last year at the battle of bands and we saw what in 2000 and that wasnt even a good year for us. LOL!!!!! All I can do is laugh and tell yall that yall better make sure you get your education before they shut yall down.:smh:

If that is not the pot callin' the kettle black !!!!!

Soooooooooooooo,............. the moral of the story is,............. If you playa haters are living in a glass house,....don't throw no stones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :slap: :slap: :slap: :retard:

Oh yes,...G.S.U is in the House !!!

If GSU really sounded so bad then why is our resume so long and yours so..... incomplete? You would be proud to be voted #1 by the SWAC, the same bands that do the same boring things that your band does, play the same boring songs you play (ESPN, Can You Feel It) and the same style of field shows. Its all the same....A simple follow the leader drill, Stand still and let the honeys dance, Next a slow cut (maybe), scatter drill in to what I like to call the "SWAC BOX" because everybody goes into this formation for the break down, then a Rap song then the instruments go on the ground. How do you not step on someone elses horn? I'm sure it happens every year to someone! What are the odds? Anyway, then you march off the field and that is what you do. No wonder you get voted by the swac. GSU is voted on by the world.
Hey Prof k,
Add some of this:

Year after year after year after year after year......

Keep these ignorant playa hatin' clowns in check.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LOL!!! I see the stupidity doesn't miss some of the alums either. That investigation has been going on since '99. They have few more arrests to make from the first investigation and that is it. We're not missing money. Our books are staright, just a few bad apples to take care of. What was yall excuse? Yall had to hire an outside accountant. :smh: Yeah You STUPID!!!!

Originally posted by S.U. T-BONE 99
What was yall excuse? Yall had to hire an outside accountant. :smh: Yeah You STUPID!!!!

But nobody was arrested. There was no criminal negligence involved with our case...just MOFOs who didn't have a clue on how to manage books. But in your case, MOFO were just straight stealing. We all know about that financial aid scandal.

Nevertheless, You'd be best off not to contest me on this one...stick to band talk. You are still young, dumb, and full of --- to know any better.

Continue with your little band talk.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
But nobody was arrested. There was no criminal negligence involved with our case...just MOFOs who didn't have a clue on how to manage books. But in your case, MOFO were just straight stealing. We all know about that financial aid scandal.

Nevertheless, You'd be best off not to contest me on this one...stick to band talk. You are still young, dumb, and full of --- to know any better.

Continue with your little band talk.

Get off him SOG. You GSU mofos need to check yourselves at the damn door. SU's investigation is not a good thing no different than GSU's was. But like he said we are taking care of the criminals. That has nothing to do with our academics. You have crooks at every school. Plus that crap is old news. SU ain't going nowhere. Our alumni don't play that isht.

Now I am sorry you GSU folks feelings are hurt. But I know alot of my KKPSI bruhs from GSU just shake their damn head at what has happened over there. Sure GSU has a name. A name built by Eddie Robinson. The band just benefitted. At least SU has earned their way to our status without the benefit of a legendary coach. We have a long resume which includes multiple Super Bowl Performances, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Pro football games, NBA games, Presidential Inaugurations, not to mention SU Band Members selected to the 1984 US Olympic Band which Dr. Greggs was one of the directors. Who also himself received a NAACP Image Award in 01. So all this talk of SU not having a bigger legacy than GSU is B.S.

These kids in other bands in the SWAC know that GSU aint what it used to be and get tired of all this World Famed in your face crap. When they are not living up to that name. It's just like the Dallas Cowboys current team trying to live off the rep that the early 90s and older teams created. That's all these kids are saying. But you GSU folks get mad because they tell the truth. If SU was sad I would not be mad at the posters, I would be mad at the school, the director and band members for not upholding our name. I actually wish the best for GSU band. I feel for the kids. I blame their leadership. But make no mistake about it, they are far from deserving the World Famed moniker that was earned by much better GSU bands. If you can't see that, then you are thinking with your heart and not your head.

Before someone says I am hating, I am not. I played against good GSU bands. No need for me to hate at all. Do I think SU is the same as it used to be? No I don't. But in no way have they fallen off like GSU. Things are just different. Is JSU the same Boom of the 70's and 80's? No, but they still bring something to the table every year. While PV and UAPB and other SWAC bands have improved enough to also garner their attention now. So why should they give GSU props when all of their bands are better than them? That's the question you GSU folks should ask yourself? What has the last 10 years of GSU band done for that legacy of yours? Answer those questions and you can understand why people in the SWAC feel the way they do. No jealousy at all. Just facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back