What do Men Want...Inquiring minds want to know?

Re: Brave, you're very right....

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

The only problem with what you said is men not really knowing what "head of the household" really means....some of you take that out of context.

It doesn't mean that your lady is a doormat for you to walk all over. It simply means that you as a man and as the head of your household are supposed to be able to take care of things in the household. It also means that you are supposed to be the "breadwinner", provider for your family. Your wife is your helpmate. Some brothers tend to think that being head of the house means you're dictating. Your wife is not your child, you are to respect her for what she is....your wife and an adult such as you. Final decisions are supposed to be made by the husband, but the wife's input should be respected and taken into consideration. You both should come to agreement together. Learn how to compromise and be sensitive towards each other. You are no longer two separate individuals, you're one. Unity is what marriage is all about.

And that, is what Men should be looking for.
D girl you on point today. I have to agree with what you had typed:D

I personally don't have problem with letting a man be a man but I aint gone be no fool and let you walk all over me. I think men get that head of household thing all twisted up sometimes. :D

Mike Bigg.........they ain't paying attention.

They don't like these short and too the point answers.......

They're looking for depth.

Simplicity, that's the key.

OK, Jelli I am still trying to get a good reference point before I answer the question.

Question: If you meet a man in your age group and he thinks he is smarter than you, how do you handle this situation? I am asking within your age group only.

Answer:

WARNING: DTown Jag stay out of this one because it is not your age group.

Thank you Brave for FINALLY answering the actual question. I have to make a couple of comments however. I TOTALLY agree with your ?head of the household? statement and I am not going to question that you know what ?head of the household? actually means. This is a hard concept for a lot of woman (even me at one time) to swallow, but I think the real problem is TRUST. Many women simply don?t trust their mates to be the head in the true (not twisted) sense of the word. It?s especially hard when you have been independent and on your own for so long, and then all of a sudden you have to ?submit yourselves to your husband as unto the Lord, For the husband IS the head of the wife? (Ephesians 5: 22-23). But I hope that more independent woman can find a way to transition themselves and ALLOW him to be the head. I am tired of seeing beautiful, Black woman ruin relationship after relationship after relationship because of this. But of course, men need to read Ephesians 5:25 to get the ball rollin?. ;)

Now?. I am wondering where you live or where you meet the woman you meet sense you say they are ?not smart?. I see/know smart and beautiful woman that are looking for the ?right one to come along? everywhere. Maybe you need to meet woman in a different setting? a lot of smart, professional woman don?t hang out with the masses of the not so smart.

And Ntelekt, instead of wasting space in this forum bickering back and forth with the ladies, I would like for you to answer the original question. Assuming that you are not married (sorry I don?t know if you are or not) can you answer the question?
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MightyDog
OK, Jelli I am still trying to get a good reference point before I answer the question.

Question: If you meet a man in your age group and he thinks he is smarter than you, how do you handle this situation? I am asking within your age group only.

Answer:

WARNING: DTown Jag stay out of this one because it is not your age group.
I'm not sure I understand your question. If he is arrogant and condescending with his smartness then I would just leave him be.

But what does that have to do with the price of cotton?:confused:

Are we on this again?

Well truth be told. There is no one magical answer to this question. The answer that you get from many of the SP men, may be completely different from the response you will get from others. It is an individual thing...but let me try...

Also to answer your queston you need to be a little more specific. To say what do men want is very vague....Now if you mean in a mate, then I will say I want a woman who is employed, childless, ambitious, a college graduate, who when I look at her I get gooose bumps. Yes I know appearance fades, but in the beginning I have to find my mate attractive on some level. I want her to posess quilities that I think would make a good wife. I need her to be caring and compassionate, have great maternal instincts, be carefull with her finances, and for us to have common goals in life. I don't want her to be anything like me, but that we have seperate interest so that we can teach each other things and then develop interest that we share together. i want her to be strong in the areas I am weak, and me be strong in the areas she is weak. I want us to have similar views on the way a family is set up and run, meaning the household structure.

Now you presented the question abut why men go for women in skimpy clothes...well that is an entire subject unto itself. Most men when they pursue a woman that is skantily klad, he isn't looking at her as a potentil mate, but rather as a potential conquest. that is why I said you should be more specific with your question. When i am out and I see a woman in a short skirt, grinding and dancing seductively, backing that thang up..I think of instant gratification, not long term possibilities. So in essence what I want from her is some cut up. Nothing more nothing less.

Now who gets approched, and how you are approached, is totally based upon what a man is looking for at that time. Which can be dictated by a number of factors from age to environment.

And further more. Don't act as if men are the only ones who contradict what they say they want in a woman. Many women are just as guilty. They say they want a "good man" who is about business. Has a job and is trying to make strides in life. But are more than willing to settle for the known player, the guy with the best car, the known woman beater, or many woman's favorite..the Thug! Many women don't know what the hell they want either.

But I think when choosing a mate it is more improtant to know what you don't want,a nd will not accept. That way you have standards and limitations that you won't dip below. In my case..I don't date ugly women, women with children, divorcess, or women with no college degree. these are the areas I don't bend on. And even if I don't know exactly everything I do want in a woman, I at least have a foundation by knowing hwat i don't want, and won't accept!

P.S. -
MD, Bite Me !!
Ntel....keep these women in check, they alsways want to only tell one side of the story!
Phatback - AMG, LOL!

And one mre thing..

I see all of you women tryng to define what head of the household is..when did you become the authorities on what it takes to be a man. I think too many of you are too busy tryng to define our roles as men, and missing out on what you should be doing as a woman. It is not your place to tell a man what it means to be head of his household.

Our roles have been defined, many of us just aren't doing our jobs. And that goes for men and women.

Suge, what age group are you representing?

Now that you have spoken, we need to hear from SweetNupe.

BTW, I don't think GetReady has responded.

Opps, Jelli now we are getting close to answering your question.

Quote from Jelli:
I'm not sure I understand your question. If he is arrogant and condescending with his smartness then I would just leave him be.

But what does that have to do with the price of cotton?

See Jelli, the price of cotton change based on the market.

So, if you understand the pricing of cotton we are on the right track.

Originally posted by MightyDog

But what does that have to do with the price of cotton?

See Jelli, the price of cotton change based to the market.

So, if you understand the pricing of cotton we are on the right track. [/B]

Jelli's Cotton...........

medium_15194.jpg

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Hey Suge, I just wanted to let you know that I actually enjoyed reading that commentary. You answered the original question (thank you) and provided insight on a plethora of good points. Thanks? that was nice. It made me think about one thing though? and that is the part you added on about the ?head of the household?. I can?t speak for other woman here, but if you go back to what I personally wrote, I got my definition from the Bible and not from some other female. But my ultimate teacher was my father. I have been blessed enough to come from a two-parent household were I SAW a man be a head of the household, and never once stepped down from that position. And my mother never once tried to take away his title. Unfortunately, a lot of woman didn?t grow up in a house to witness an example of a ?Head?. Or, for some who have a father (biological or step), their mom may be the one running thangs. Therefore, giving her daughter a ?twisted? example of a Head, and then that girl grows up to be a woman that dictates to other men what a Head ?should be?. So my advice to woman looking for a mate to be the TRUE Head of the Household is? if you had it at home, watch your father and pay close attention to what he did, and didn?t do for the family. If you didn?t have it at home, read the Bible (especially Ephesians and II Corinthians).

Just my .02.

jelli & blaq,

I'm married so I can expose the single brother's on the board. Men know exactly what they want from a women, the problem is, we are very slow in sharing it. Men are very protective and sharing our truth feelings will take years.

I would recommend that you sit down and hold truthful conversations with your partner. My wife and I talk about everything including past relationships, sex and all. We had to grow to that, it didn't happen overnight. We have an advantage, we're both saved, baptized Disciples. (equally yoked)

Brave: I never attacked what you felt was head of household. I only wanted to understand exactly what it was to you.

Suge's thoughts were on point and a direct answer to the question.

Ntel: I know you realize this is playful bickering amongst fellow HBCUers.

Thank you to the few fellas out there who actually answered the question. Suge your response made me think about some thangs.. :idea:

Jelli, I don't understand you. If you got it from Dad and the Bible, what was your issue? Come clean.

Hey MightyDog? this is not to sound like a Smart Ass or anything, but you may want to pay closer attention to who post what. I was the one that posted that, not Jelli. And my whole thing is? after 3 pages of post you continue to question Jelli?s original question instead of just answering it. What is up with that? Is it that hard a question for you??? It doesn?t matter anyway. I think Jelli is satisfied with what the men that actually stepped up an answered like Brave, Suge, and J-State had to say.

My thoughts

I really haven't read through the endless posts regarding this. I caught some of what I read. I'll just add this from a personal point of view:

Personally, I don't think that I need to share with a woman what it is I'm looking for or expect from my mate. Each person is different. Each man may be willing to accept certain things from a particular situation. What is good for you may suck like hell to me. Many times when you tell a woman that you know isn't the one what you like or dislike in a woman, they try to fit into the mold in which you're looking for. Sometimes that person can come across as being "fake" because they're only doing the things that you said you were looking for. I keep my expectations to myself. If you're kicking it with a woman and you know she isn't the one...why even waste the time and energy trying to explain to them. Sooner or later they'll get the point!!! You aren't the one. Same thing with a woman to a man. Men...if a woman isn't allowing you to get closer to her...maybe you're not the one for her. But when and if I find that woman who exemplifies the qualities I am looking for, then she doesn't have to worry about asking me "What am I looking for? Tell me this...tell me that...why come you don't do this...you never do that...." It'll be an instant bond that will last forever.

Simply put, I don't waste my precious time with the B.S. I am not going to "settle" for someone I know deep down inside I could never nor ever want to be with.

What do men want? Simple...we want to be happy. Whatever it takes for one to be happy depends on that individual

My .02

Originally posted by blaquebuterfly
Hey MightyDog? this is not to sound like a Smart Ass or anything, but you may want to pay closer attention to who post what. I was the one that posted that, not Jelli. And my whole thing is? after 3 pages of post you continue to question Jelli?s original question instead of just answering it. What is up with that? Is it that hard a question for you??? It doesn?t matter anyway. I think Jelli is satisfied with what the men that actually stepped up an answered like Brave, Suge, and J-State had to say.

BB girl thank you. I was wondering why he keeps grilling me.:rolleyes:
What does a man being smarter than me have to do with what men want in a mate?:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Re: My thoughts

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
I really haven't read through the endless posts regarding this. I caught some of what I read. I'll just add this from a personal point of view:

Personally, I don't think that I need to share with a woman what it is I'm looking for or expect from my mate. Each person is different. Each man may be willing to accept certain things from a particular situation. What is good for you may suck like hell to me. Many times when you tell a woman that you know isn't the one what you like or dislike in a woman, they try to fit into the mold in which you're looking for. Sometimes that person can come across as being "fake" because they're only doing the things that you said you were looking for. I keep my expectations to myself. If you're kicking it with a woman and you know she isn't the one...why even waste the time and energy trying to explain to them. Sooner or later they'll get the point!!! You aren't the one. Same thing with a woman to a man. Men...if a woman isn't allowing you to get closer to her...maybe you're not the one for her. But when and if I find that woman who exemplifies the qualities I am looking for, then she doesn't have to worry about asking me "What am I looking for? Tell me this...tell me that...why come you don't do this...you never do that...." It'll be an instant bond that will last forever.

Simply put, I don't waste my precious time with the B.S. I am not going to "settle" for someone I know deep down inside I could never nor ever want to be with.

What do men want? Simple...we want to be happy. Whatever it takes for one to be happy depends on that individual

My .02
Nasty point well taken. :cool:

Opps,

But anyway, you all answered your own question. Don't ask questions you already know the answer to.

Back