Transgender Athletes: Compromising Fairness of the Game

So the influx of lgbtq+ students has been and will continue to be an adjustment for students and staff like me. I've taught quite a few gay students and will likely have my first non-binary student next year. My job as a teacher is simply to teach students. As a Christian it's to love people. If I'm doing it right I never have to tell people about my faith. The way I carry myself, love on kids that others might shun, should do all the speaking. Most of the other kids honestly don't care though. You into girls? aiight? boys? fine. both? okay. Only those that come from certain types of homes are willing to voice their disdain.
I have one of the good ole boys in my physics class. I taught him a year ago for chem. smart kid, lots of potential. in this class though, there are no more good ole boys. lots of hispanic kids, some of them the illegals he hears about on fox. couple of black kids, lots of girls and enlightened folks and he's struggling b/c he's all alone and his only life line is the black male teacher that's taken a shine to him. at a certain point... if you want to progress, you have to let some old attitudes and beliefs go. they aren't helping you and are holding you back.

Reactions: J C
So the influx of lgbtq+ students has been and will continue to be an adjustment for students and staff like me. I've taught quite a few gay students and will likely have my first non-binary student next year. My job as a teacher is simply to teach students. As a Christian it's to love people. If I'm doing it right I never have to tell people about my faith. The way I carry myself, love on kids that others might shun, should do all the speaking. Most of the other kids honestly don't care though. You into girls? aiight? boys? fine. both? okay. Only those that come from certain types of homes are willing to voice their disdain.
I have one of the good ole boys in my physics class. I taught him a year ago for chem. smart kid, lots of potential. in this class though, there are no more good ole boys. lots of hispanic kids, some of them the illegals he hears about on fox. couple of black kids, lots of girls and enlightened folks and he's struggling b/c he's all alone and his only life line is the black male teacher that's taken a shine to him. at a certain point... if you want to progress, you have to let some old attitudes and beliefs go. they aren't helping you and are holding you back.
All. Of. This!

Had my first non-binary student a semester ago. Cool as the f***! Really good student.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don’t have an issue with LGBTQ or non binary persons. My concern is a dude who can’t win with men deciding he is transgender to fill his trophy case or a woman who wants to be a man and decides to play football and is a kicker or punter and a guy runs one back and she tries to tackle him and gets run the hell over. Then wants to cry a River about being born a woman.

I don’t have an issue with LGBTQ or non binary persons. My concern is a dude who can’t win with men deciding he is transgender to fill his trophy case or a woman who wants to be a man and decides to play football and is a kicker or punter and a guy runs one back and she tries to tackle him and gets run the hell over. Then wants to cry a River about being born a woman.
My son's 8th grade team had 2 girls on it this year. They didn't start but played nearly every game b/c they won every game by 30 or 40. Don't know if they'll play jv next year or not at the hs, but if they do and get run over, that's just the risk you take when you put the pads on. that can and will happen to nearly every one that goes out there at some point.

As for transgender athletes, it's not really a problem b/c there are so few transgender athletes. I don't think there are any co-ed sports here in SC so they really should create an open division that anyone can compete in.

Reactions: J C
My concern is a dude who can’t win with men deciding he is transgender to fill his trophy case
The overwhelming majority of transgender athletes who compete in what we would classify as female sports don't win (at least not at the rate folks think) simply because they were born male.

And it takes months and even years for a person to transition. Not to mention, there are all sorts of tests and examinations they have to undergo in some situations just to compete.

But we only care about the very rare occasions when one of them actually does well, which completely blows the issue out of proportion and creates "concern."

Last edited:
If it's coed I don't have a problem with it I just want women to be prepared for the consequences. Let a woman put on some pads and think she is big enough to be a middle linebacker and trying to stop a power sweep......or let a woman play bat catcher and blocking home plate.....

I have seen a girl playing football when my son was in junior high. She would tackle the boys and talk shit. Many of the biys were scared to hit her because she was a girl. My son got fed up with her shit and lite her ass up. Her dad came running out trying to curse at my son....I walked calmly over and told the dad "go sit your ass down I'm his father....your daughter was out talking shit and yall cheered her on until these young men treated her as a an equal and knocked fire from her ass." The next week she had on a cheerleaders outfit.

My point is simple....some sports are not designed to be coed.
This means nothing without video.

Pure insanity to have to forfeit all games. On the flip side......I'm gonna play devil's advocate a little bit.......I started thinking about this and realized.......my daughter's team has played in competitive boys soccer leagues on purpose and scrimmaged boys recently as age 16. So is it because it's a "transgender" and people think of it as "gross" or wrong or unfair competitive advantage??? It's definitely a fine line and slippery slope when it comes to this stuff. But I agree.......at some point there needs to be co-ed or trans leagues to smooth this out.

Last edited:
Pure insanity to have to forfeit all games. On the flip side......I'm gonna play devil's advocate a little bit.......I started thinking about this and realized.......my daughter's team has played in competitive boys soccer leagues ON PURPOSE and scrimmaged boys recently as age 16. So is it because it's a "transgender" and people think of it as "gross" or wrong or unfair competitive advantage??? It's definitely a fine line and slippery slope when it comes to this stuff. But I agree.......at some point there needs to be co-ed or trans leagues to smooth this out.
I think its one thing when we openly say we are playing in a co-ed league as people know what to expect. It is difference when its a closed league for women (imo) and now you are asking them to compete against biological males.

I think its one thing when we openly say we are playing in a co-ed league as people know what to expect. It is difference when its a closed league for women (imo) and now you are asking them to compete against biological males.
Very true.

Likely because there aren't enough young athletes who've identified as trans to form a league for them. ESPN recently did a story where it was estimated less than 1 percent of all high school athletes were trans. Plus, states are trying to make it difficult/illegal for young people to transition.
Have you seen what those kids arms look like after those surgeries. Man....
Personally, I dont think kids should be able to make permanent decisions at that age but I am also in favor of more parental control so if the parents sign on it, then...

Basically this

We know there are girls/women that compete against males in basketball to sharpen their game and see where they stand

It's another thing for a former marine born as a male to get in a MMA ring against a biologically born woman. It's a natural disadvantage

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Keep telling y'all that the folks behind this don't care about no girls sports.

Why did these girls compete against boys if all girls supposed to be scared to compete against a transgender girl?

Why did these girls compete against boys if all girls supposed to be scared to compete against a transgender girl?

This is 5th grade man. Come on. You know dang well we are talking about after puberty when there are fundamental differences in the way that men and women develop biologically. Our bodies are simply able to carry more muscle and we have more testosterone. I ran track my senior year. I finished 6th in the 100m dash at our state semifinals. That same time would have won the womens division

This is 5th grade man. Come on. You know dang well we are talking about after puberty when there are fundamental differences in the way that men and women develop biologically. Our bodies are simply able to carry more muscle and we have more testosterone. I ran track my senior year. I finished 6th in the 100m dash at our state semifinals. That same time would have won the womens division

Not saying that women are physically equal to men.

Just simply saying there are girls (pre and post puberty) who are willing to compete on and with boys TEAMs.

I posted on here a while back that the slowest guy in the 100m NCAA championship (10.18) would beat the gold medalist in the Olympics (10.61)

Coppin State had a sprinter in the top 24 with a 10 30 time

Biology still matters

That story is a little different… the girls team was a travel (AAU team) playing in a rec league fall league. Their reasoning for playing in a rec league was to get use of the facilities. We all know with all the basketball teams now it’s not easy finding a gym to practice in without paying a church. So it was basically a girls all star team playing against boys rec teams. They didnt “not receive awards” because they were girls. It was understood at the beginning of the season that no travel team who competed in a rec division could receive end of the season awards. The coaches and players knew it but somehow it wasnt relayed to the parents and thats why the parents made the complaint. After it was relayed they later apologized for stirring up controversy.

Back