The Chi on Showtime (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Sigh,

Y'all know what, as I was watching this latest episode, I was like enough is enough all through out one scene after another. I mean, there is nothing wrong with the acting. The actors are very good. It's the stories with each character. There is waaaaayyyyyy too much unnecessary drama in them.

...But then as I watched that final love making scene, it all hit me. You know what my issue with this once potentially great series is? It's too much feminine energy in the writing. Just too much man....

...But y'all enjoy it...I'm officially done.

Looks like Kevin's girl about to make a play at Jake.

I also agree that they seemed to have taken what could have been another coming of "The Wire" and made it more about folks sexism with other folks. The story line of Det Cruz & Touissant investigating the gang is gone and it was a major thing.

Sigh,

Y'all know what, as I was watching this latest episode, I was like enough is enough all through out one scene after another. I mean, there is nothing wrong with the acting. The actors are very good. It's the stories with each character. There is waaaaayyyyyy too much unnecessary drama in them.

...But then as I watched that final love making scene, it all hit me. You know what my issue with this once potentially great series is? It's too much feminine energy in the writing. Just too much man....

...But y'all enjoy it...I'm officially done.
I understand exactly what you're saying. That dayum strap last season almost took me out!:eek:
I'm going to stick around a little longer for that dayum Tracey!!! 😍 😍 😍

The writing is leaning toward more societal issues. Most of the societal issues they are focused on are actually issues about women,

1. The mayor....his job turns in to fighting the police...which has now turned in to him sleeping with a woman and his wife not angry but willing to watch. What is this saying about black women?

2. The breast cancer issue and a lesbian thinking that her wife and best friend are sleeping together.

3. Emmett and his wife having an open marriage. She seems to be getting what she wants. Someone to be romantic to her and someone who is being a father.

4. The young lady pregnant by the rapist and her shopping for parents. It just so happens that she chooses a single parent...a woman.

5. Emmetts mother sleeping with a younger man who is seemingly more mature than her son and they are about the same age. The young man and cougar fantasy.

6.The high school girl who likes two boys who are best friends.

Every story line turns in to a story line about a woman. Meanwhile other story lines are just done away with as if they didn't exist. It's still a good show.

Kev pushed her away acting an ass then when he is ready to be unstupid she has moved on.

You don’t sleep with friends…..she perfecting her hoe skills. On the other hand she always wanted to debate Kev and quite frankly men get tired of conversation being a debate. I believe she was playing her cards to get close to the other dude. Perfecting them hoe skills.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You don’t sleep with friends…..she perfecting her hoe skills. On the other hand she always wanted to debate Kev and quite frankly men get tired of conversation being a debate. I believe she was playing her cards to get close to the other dude. Perfecting them hoe skills.
Jemma told Jake that Kevin approached her when he asked her why she was with him.

Jemma told Jake that Kevin approached her when he asked her why she was with him.

Right...meaning she wanted Jake all along and was using Kevin.

I think she wants to be the revolutionary and when Kevin came along she saw him as the smart black boy she could use to get her motive going at that white school. Then when Jake got into it with the police and people was all up in arms, she figures to use him to promote her revolutionary moves at the school.

I think she wants to be the revolutionary and when Kevin came along she saw him as the smart black boy she could use to get her motive going at that white school. Then when Jake got into it with the police and people was all up in arms, she figures to use him to promote her revolutionary moves at the school.
That makes sense. Kind of off topic but what's up with her pops? I may have missed it, but did he do anything when he saw Kevin on the security cam at his house?

Sounds about right.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back