Texas School Shooting: 14 Kids, 1 Teacher & Supeect Killed

284924129_382064123954814_2128781484614100889_n.jpg

An 18 YO can join the military and be trained in all kinds of weaponry. So, if he leaves the military before turning 24 he won't be allowed to buy a weapon?

I think we're trying to rationize something that’s ridiculous. The 2nd amendment is a slavery era relic that folks are abusing today at our children's expense.
Well, your point is well taken, but what would he need with an AR-15?

All of them should have it.

When was the last time you walked into a courthouse without metal detectors and guards?

If we're not going to do anything serious about the guns, then we need to at least show we're serious about protecting the kids and teachers.

While black folks would NOT have an issue with it. It would be the Karens who screamed Jerry Craft's New Kid was CRT and attacked white children-who would take issue with it. It's always been the other side that takes issues.

A lot of that stuff was done to deal with Pookie and Ray Ray and LOL for the most part it worked as most incidents of violence in my district happen outside school property. In terms of gun and weapons-fighting still happens.

And another thing-creating an environment when kids can openly talk to adults is needed. When kids feel comfortable to come to an adult to talk-a lot of stop got stopped at the door.

I heard about a kid wanting to shoot up the school but other kids were brave enough to speak up and the kid in question got help. A few times it was my school.

True.

It's a gotcha clause that's being abused to defend white supremacy.

The demographics of the US are slowly creeping toward numbers when these people will no longer be the majority. That's their biggest fear. Thus, the need to cling to their guns. This country may reach critical mass - the point where we're willing to change the 2nd Amendment - but that might be fifty years from now.

In the meantime, we face a harsh reality and have some difficult decisions to make.

Yep.

Just based on past history, things will get worse for us as minority numbers increase. They're using their post reconstruction playbook. We need some really good leaders and strategies to head this off. All these organizations and entertainers need to get on the same page. And those "stop throwing your vote away" YouTubers need to get on the same page too.

An 18 YO can join the military and be trained in all kinds of weaponry. So, if he leaves the military before turning 24 he won't be allowed to buy a weapon?

I think we're trying to rationize something that’s ridiculous. The 2nd amendment is a slavery era relic that folks are abusing today at our children's expense.
In the military the weapons they used are stowed and well-regulated. they don't even walk around base with a weapon. I'm just telling you from a scientific standpoint, their brains aren't mature and men before their mid-20's can be prone to impulsivity.

Yes, the 2nd amendment language is couched in racism as the "well-regulated militia" was necessary b/c states like virginia wouldn't ratify the constitution w/o it. they wanted to maintain the slave-state and needed to be able to muster a militia to put down slave rebellions and they wanted them under the authority of the state so the federal gov't couldn't conscript those same troops to free the enslaved. Problem is, that describes the national guard in my mind and if you aren't in the national guard, under the control of the governor. I find the claim of right to have guns, particularly any gun one desires, to be dubious.

Clinical studies have indicated that people with mental illness are more likely to be a victim of violent crime than perpetrators. This bias extends all the way to the criminal justice system, where people with mental illness get treated as criminals, arrested, charged, and jailed for a longer time in jail compared to those who have not been diagnosed with a mental illness. Currently, there is little evidence to suggest that mental illness can independently predict criminal behavior.
What you're saying has been well known for a very long time. The claim of mental illness seems to be the latest catch phrase for anyone in any situation trying to construct an excuse narrative. Accountability be damned in this society, everything that happens is because the wrong doer is so-called mentally ill. Meanwhile, those that actually suffer from mental illness continue to be the most neglected and vulnerable in our society because they are unable to effectively advocate for themselves.

I wouldn't care about Karens.

That's where leadership comes in. Somebody has to have the guts to stand up and do what's right.

I'm sure some folks don't like being required to go through metal detectors at courthouses, but we all do it. If it's important to protect judges, then I think it's also important to protect our kids.

People complain about TSA, but if you want to fly ....

If we can send $40 billion to Ukraine, then we can find a way to enhance the security at every school in the US.

Just my opinion.

I agree but here is another issue. Those special interest groups and the Faux News gang.

They will dump money into a candidate to run for school board (another office we need MORE voters for) and you got those Karens into office.

Then you have the mess with the black principal being fired over CRT (that he was NOT doing and now he is being paid until 2024 to stay home). Along with way more book banning.

Folks who will NOT support mental illness training and security. Instead it's book banning, CTR banning and the latest fly by night program and trying to take parents rights.

Dayum good question.

It seems to be that he might have saved the money for it from his Wendys job.

Although the question would have to be asked is how long was he working at Wendys to do that?

Labor laws would limit how many hours he could do as a student.

Starting pay $8 and worked say 20 hours a week for 52 weeks is 8,320 a year.

Now how much does taxes, insurance and social security eat up? If it ate up half that would be 4,160.

He had a car that means car insurance.

So unless he was saving birthday, Christmas and tac refund money-he could not have gotten $4,000 in less than a year.

Back