Texas School Shooting: 14 Kids, 1 Teacher & Supeect Killed

How are we going to hold them "accountable" when they're on recess for the next two weeks days after one of the deadliest school shootings in the history of the country and weeks after an almost deadlier one in a public space without doing anything of substance to address what occurred?
Either we're going to work within the system or break it. The accountability within the system is to demand what we want and if we don't get it organize and vote them out in the next election.

We have so much power that if the majority of the people petitioned and told them to get their asses back and stay until they did something or that's the end of your term, and meant it, they would hurry back.

This stuff is really simple, but the people make it hard because we allow others to think for us and don't research nor question like we should. Some of us and many of our leaders get their palms greased by big money interests. Our vote is our power.

And one other thing: Never forget the reason the Constitution was created was to appease the people because the Founders feared their power.

Either we're going to work within the system or break it. The accountability within the system is to demand what we want and if we don't get it organize and vote them out in the next election.

We have so much power that if the majority of the people petitioned and told them to get their asses back and stay until they did something or that's the end of your term, and meant it, they would hurry back.

This stuff is really simple, but the people make it hard because we allow others to think for us and don't research nor question like we should. Some of us and many of our leaders get their palms greased by big money interests. Our vote is our power.

And one other thing: Never forget the reason the Constitution was created was to appease the people because the Founders feared their power.
As long as "big money interests" exist, our votes are rendered powerless because elected officials -- this entire political system -- is influenced by those interests despite our protesting, marching, and votes. With how they’ve (both republicans and democrats) handled COVID and this baby formula shortage is enough evidence that they do not care if we live, die, or have quality of life.

Expecting them to do anything is expecting the tooth fairy to be real. It ain’t happening. We can either continue to starve and die in this system or finally wake up and realize it’s time to end this system. It’s not working. No amount of reform will work.

Because it’s already working by design. The only way forward is a different path than what we’re on now. These folks took 20 minutes to pass a law protecting Supreme Court justices and their families from protestors.

They’ve sent billions to fund a war in Ukraine without asking “who’s going to pay for it” so clearly the money and resources are there. They just refuse to help us. People are struggling for basic needs while our government pisses away our tax dollars.

The POTUS who was supposed to be better than Trump is petitioning to have states spend COVID money -- millions of dollars-- and give it to law enforcement (law enforcement that murders minorities, harasses a bus full of black college girls for no reason and lets school kids get slaughtered because they were scared and or too fucking stupid to do their jobs).

All of this shit is rotten.

Last edited:

I love having my weapons. I have no problem with folks having weapons. I just don't understand why anyone who owns a weapon has a problem with gun control when it comes to stopping mentally ill people from getting guns. Let me give you a prime example. I have a relative who got his disability from the military for PTSD. This ninja is crazy. I mean he will be talking to you and having a conversation with himself at the same time. The VA person didn't give him 100% disability so that he could keep his guns. If he would have gotten 100% he couldn't own a gun. This is the type of ignorance needs to be controlled. My family jokes and calls him she'll shock. He gets mad and cusses all them ignorant fools out. Yet they wonder why I don't come around.

It takes much more than a simple majority to create the real change needed. You need 2/3rds and 3/4ths of the vote at different times to get what we need done. And as long as this country is filled with fearful white men it's not going to happen.

So, our best option is to realize there will be guns. We have to do what it takes to keep ourselves and the people we love from being victims.

Sure, try to change the laws. But, you've got to know there is no realistic chance that we can do what the UK or Australia did.
We only need 51, but some redneck democrats are in the way. The filibuster is a creation of the rednecks in congress. The republicans will never vote for background checks with all gun sales and assault weapon bans. We need to get these young people to vote. There is so much material that democrats can use in campaign commercials, but they refuse to use issues such as gun violence and the republican permanent tax cuts for billionaires and corporations. Republicans would negative campaign material as much as possible because they really don't have a platform. In those commercials democrats should also state what they have done.

The sale of guns to criminals allows alot of the violence in the black community to take place.

As long as "big money interests" exist, our votes are rendered powerless because elected officials -- this entire political system -- is influenced by those interests despite our protesting, marching, and votes. With how they’ve (both republicans and democrats) handled COVID and this baby formula shortage is enough evidence that they do not care if we live, die, or have quality of life.

Expecting them to do anything is expecting the tooth fairy to be real. It ain’t happening. We can either continue to starve and die in this system or finally wake up and realize it’s time to end this system. It’s not working. No amount of reform will work.

Because it’s already working by design. The only way forward is a different path than what we’re on now. These folks took 20 minutes to pass a law protecting Supreme Court justices and their families from protestors.

They’ve sent billions to fund a war in Ukraine without asking “who’s going to pay for it” so clearly the money and resources are there. They just refuse to help us. People are struggling for basic needs while our government pisses away our tax dollars.

The POTUS who was supposed to be better than Trump is petitioning to have states spend COVID money -- millions of dollars-- and give it to law enforcement (law enforcement that murders minorities, harasses a bus full of black college girls for no reason and lets school kids get slaughtered because they were scared and or too fucking stupid to do their jobs).

All of this shit is rotten.
ONLY because we allow it. This government is allowed. This country continues to exist because of changes its makes because of the fear of the people: 1) The Constitution was created because the farmers rebelled; 2) 3th, 14th, and 15th amendments came out of the rebellion of the the Southern States; 3) Capitalism was doomed, but Teddy Roosevelt hit the " Big money people" in the head with a big stick, and broke up the trusts; 4) Women rebelled because their husband's were catching so much hell in the factories, get drunk and then go home and beat the hell out them and their children so they passed prohibition; 5) Depression hit and the people forced FDR to create programs and departments to get this country running again; 6) No need to go into detail about the Civil Rights struggle ( The government had two choices: Malcolm " by any means necessary" or Martin " nonviolence"; they chose Martin because they feared rebellion) 7) Even then the government began to follow our communities with drugs and weapons, for fear of rebellion.

Gun control is not the issue. It's mental health.

You Biden-sexuals are so brainwashed that it's mind-blowing.

If you weren't sucking trumps nutz so much you would come up for air and realize that the Republican party is the one who fights against mental health. Regan and Bush killed the funding for it.

But the republican governor of Texas slashed the budget by 250 million to the dept that was in charge of mental health.

@Mrwiregrass , You're a trumper that is blinded by his light

I don’t think anyone is advocating an all out gun ban. But an 18-year-old shouldn’t be able to buy semiautomatic weapons, tons of ammo and body armor.

What should be proposed is Raising the age. Red flag laws. Magazine restrictions. Body armor restrictions. That’s seems reasonable enough.

We only need 51, but some redneck democrats are in the way. The filibuster is a creation of the rednecks in congress. The republicans will never vote for background checks with all gun sales and assault weapon bans. We need to get these young people to vote. There is so much material that democrats can use in campaign commercials, but they refuse to use issues such as gun violence and the republican permanent tax cuts for billionaires and corporations. Republicans would negative campaign material as much as possible because they really don't have a platform. In those commercials democrats should also state what they have done.

The sale of guns to criminals allows alot of the violence in the black community to take place.
It doesn’t engender much enthusiasm in young voters when you say one political party is truculent and the other refuses — as a collective — to use its power that would solicit real change in a meaningful way.

I don’t think anyone is advocating an all out gun ban. But an 18-year-old shouldn’t be able to buy semiautomatic weapons, tons of ammo and body armor.

What should be proposed is Raising the age. Red flag laws. Magazine restrictions. Body armor restrictions. That’s seems reasonable enough.
18 years ago kids can't purchase cigarettes or alcohol so why semi-automatic weapons.

To be a cop doesn’t take much if you were a loser in high school and probably bullied and didn’t get a date to the prom. All it takes is for a precinct to give you a badge and they will live out their call of duty fantasy and play Billy bad ass when they pull over somebody black. But when shit hits the fan you then see their true colors. You got cops that are 300 lbs how is this even allowed and are bold enough to take pictures with M4’s and AR 15’s like they are tough. I can say at least in the army we discharge your fat ass. I just want to know where the blue lives matter cop worshipers at. I have been looking all on Facebook you can hear a rat piss on cotton over there.

Okay. If folks aren't calling for an all-out gun ban, then they shouldn't use the UK and Australia for examples of what can be accomplished.

Not to mention that Dylann Roof was 21 years old at the time of his shooting. The Las Vegas mass shooter was 64 years old. Elliot Rodger was 22. The Oikos University shooter was 50. On and on.

What age are we raising the ban to, Kendrick? 65?

While we remember that 18-year-olds can be sent to war and become police officers. At what age do we tell them they can buy their own gun?
There is no cut-and-dry age that’s going to be a catch-all, but what do we expect an 18-year-old is gonna do with all that weaponry, especially in a state (Texas) where it’s not even a requirement to have training to use them?

To be a cop doesn’t take much if you were a loser in high school and probably bullied and didn’t get a date to the prom. All it takes is for a precinct to give you a badge and they will live out their call of duty fantasy and play Billy bad ass when they pull over somebody black. But when shit hits the fan you then see their true colors. You got cops that are 300 lbs how is this even allowed and are bold enough to take pictures with M4’s and AR 15’s like they are tough. I can say at least in the army we discharge your fat ass. I just want to know where the blue lives matter cop worshipers at. I have been looking all on Facebook you can hear a rat piss on cotton over there.
Yeaaaaahhh them cops were scared as shit to get hit with them hot AR-15 bullets that's why they didn't go in. The way them cartels be hoeing law enforcement down there around the border..they probably were scared it was the cartel.

So, you're admitting without a total ban there will still be shootings.

Which takes me all the way back to my original conclusion. That we need to focus on doing all we can to protect ourselves and the ones we love. While recognizing we live in a country with a flawed supreme law of the land that will always allow the threat of firearms in some form until we have the courage to change it.

For me, that includes our schoolchildren. Although, I no longer have school-age children. I'm talking metal detectors, hired armed guards, fences with guarded gates, ... whatever it takes to protect our kids. And our old ladies in the grocery store. And our people in bible study at church.

We need to stop hoping the threat won't come to our doorstep and start preparing to successfully deal with the threat when it arrives. No more wishful thinking, hopes and dreams, and thoughts and prayers.

Just my humble opinion.
A total ban on guns? No. I don’t think our citizenry should be disarmed. A ban on the weapons and ammo used in these mass shootings needs to be examined for sure.

Some folks on this site have been telling y'all for 20 years that the purpose of the police is to serve and protect white supremacy. :rolleyes:

Had police officers on this site arguing for days that it wasn't true. Yet, here we are.

Now, y'all are going to believe it because a YouTuber said it?
Just an additional viewpoint

So, you're admitting without a total ban there will still be shootings.

Which takes me all the way back to my original conclusion. That we need to focus on doing all we can to protect ourselves and the ones we love. While recognizing we live in a country with a flawed supreme law of the land that will always allow the threat of firearms in some form until we have the courage to change it.

For me, that includes our schoolchildren. Although, I no longer have school-age children. I'm talking metal detectors, hired armed guards, fences with guarded gates, ... whatever it takes to protect our kids. And our old ladies in the grocery store. And our people in bible study at church.

We need to stop hoping the threat won't come to our doorstep and start preparing to successfully deal with the threat when it arrives. No more wishful thinking, hopes and dreams, and thoughts and prayers.

Just my humble opinion.

Some schools already got that. Mainly the black ones-who have forever had to deal with Pookie & Ray Ray.

Some school had that but LOL budget cuts (those lovely charter schools took students away. As we all know all public schools are funded by kids ENROLLED. Along with money taken by states for stuff like building a wall and BLM demanding those folks be remove as they scare little pookie)-after he cusses out the entire school) and those hired folks lost their jobs.

284640988_10160424270861393_3118804925365660981_n.jpg

This is a multi-factorial problem but there are solutions. First, neuroscience shows that boys brains don't mature until their mid-20's. Executive function, which controls decision making & risk taking, being the last thing to fully mature. Boys/men shouldn't have guns before then. 21 is an arbitrary number. 24 would be a better age to first allow gun sales.
Mental health has been forgotten in this country. Every kid goes to school so mental health screenings and treatment need to be centered in schools for those under 18. Will be expensive. You are going to have to hire a ton of health professionals. Outside of this, the thing that told me there was a problem was kids committing suicide during the pandemic. They were at home with their families and that drove them to kill themselves. I'm here at school with them every day. Let me tell you, they don't love school, but it's better than being with the people they call family. So screen and treat school age kids using the schools. As for guns, no purchase can be made before undergoing a mental health screening and you will undergo an annual mental health screening to make sure you are still fit to possess a firearm.
All semi-automatics have to go through the most rigorous background & licencing that the most dangerous guns do now. I don't know guns but my teacher neighbor has some weapons that require extra stuff he has to go through. Someone on here knows what I'm talking about. Make that standard for all semi-automatics.
If you own assault rifles those should be registered. Must have a gun safe. Must be stored separate from ammunition. Must provide a floor plan to authorities of where the weapon and ammunition are stored.
Biometrics locks made mandatory on all newly manufactured weapons. Modifying them becomes illegal.
Mandatory insurance. Mandatory reporting of stolen weapon. Ghost guns illegal. Mandatory charging if gun owner is negligent in storage & securing of weapon.

This would address not only mass shootings but decrease the availability of weapons in the community by encouraging "responsible" gun owners to actually be responsible and secure weapons that are stolen by criminals. we'd see a decrease in gun crimes across the board.

This is a multi-factorial problem but there are solutions. First, neuroscience shows that boys brains don't mature until their mid-20's. Executive function, which controls decision making & risk taking, being the last thing to fully mature. Boys/men shouldn't have guns before then. 21 is an arbitrary number. 24 would be a better age to first allow gun sales.

An 18 YO can join the military and be trained in all kinds of weaponry. So, if he leaves the military before turning 24 he won't be allowed to buy a weapon?

I think we're trying to rationize something that’s ridiculous. The 2nd amendment is a slavery era relic that folks are abusing today at our children's expense.

Back