T.C. Taylor should be considered for SWAC Coach of the Year.

Willie has earned it. TC failed to get it done against FAMU and Alabama State. Even if he had won against Alabama State, I still think Willie is deserving of COTY. He has only been overshadowed by Coach Prime led JSU. His resume is undeniable. TC has had the second greatest season in the SWAC in his first year considering JSU being on the wrong side of the transfer portal this past off season. Next season, the expectation will be greater for TC. But for now, this season. This is Willie’s year.

Maybe but folks act like the cupboard was as bare as a hurricane wal-mart - he lost the impact players but they had depth and he recruited alot of players cause the program infrastructure was in place where there never should be a major drop off at JSU unless someone manipulates the strings

and it helps the SWAC West is down this year so he had some luck fall his way also
70 players and some who stayed dipped last minute so come on now.

Honestly I think people should look into Dooley as COTY. His efforts to coach against his team are truly second to none.

Hue too. That brother lying and losing swac games with his background is truly astonishing.

Last edited:
Good argument

But I still had them winning 7-8 games this year

Even still, you gotta give it to Simmons after a 3rd straight solid season and finishing the job with no Deion in his way this year

They lived up to the Preseason expectations

Last edited:
If TC goes 8-3, it should definitely go to T.C.
It wont tho because no one would go against the norm for a JSU coach. BUT winning the championship should not be the only metric. I would love to see Willie bring in a whole new staff and 60 new players and still go 8-3.
I hear you…but TC didn’t do anything that wasn’t expected. JSU was projected to finish second in the SWAC East.

He did what many expected. If JSU was completely disrespected and picked to finish third or lower, then the argument would be stronger, IMO.

I really wonder do they teach comprehension skills at our schools! Simmons has built a solid program with three consecutive winnings seasons. This is why you reward a coach for it. Not hard to figure out we ith comprehension skills

I really wonder do they teach comprehension skills at our schools! Simmons has built a solid program with three consecutive winnings seasons. This is why you reward a coach for it. Not hard to figure out we ith comprehension skills
Comprehension skills for choosing the SCOY?

black-kid-hand-frowb-scratches-head.gif

NO. That is why his TEAM may be deserving of a championship BUT ask yourself this. If Simmons had lost 60 players and his staff, would he be 7-3 right now? Coach of the year looks at more than a championship. For example, had Coach Prime went 9-3 this year, I think he would have been deserving Coach of the Year for bringing a 1-11 team back to life. Basically, the award should go to the coach who overcame the most obstacles and was STILL successful.

I hear you…but TC didn’t do anything that wasn’t expected. JSU was projected to finish second in the SWAC East.

He did what many expected. If JSU was completely disrespected and picked to finish third or lower, then the argument would be stronger, IMO.

I somewhat disagree. If you listened to many people, their mantra was JSU was going back to THEE bottom!

Right. He did as expected

For what it's worth, Kendrick's argument simply suggested that T.C. Taylor should be considered for SCOTY, not that he should win it.

Back