T.C. Taylor should be considered for SWAC Coach of the Year.

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
HBCU Sports senior editor Kendrick Marshall makes the case for why Taylor should be considered for SWAC Coach of the Year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I get the argument wholeheartedly but we know it won’t happen. He’s even done better than some coaches that’s BEEN in the conference too. TC overcame a lot so I’m definitely proud of my guy/coach even tho it’s been an ugly season for us.

Maybe but folks act like the cupboard was as bare as a hurricane wal-mart - he lost the impact players but they had depth and he recruited alot of players cause the program infrastructure was in place where there never should be a major drop off at JSU unless someone manipulates the strings

and it helps the SWAC West is down this year so he had some luck fall his way also

Nah…it’s Willie’s time.

Deion Sanders won it in back to back years with a stacked roster…and that ended up being the only road block for Simmons and the Rattlers the past two seasons.

He‘s gone 21-2 in the SWAC since FAMU joined. He deserves this one.

Simmons never won MEAC Coach of the Year despite going 9-2 and defeating the eventual Celebration Bowl Champ in 2019.

Y'all folks kill me. When your school is the best in the SWAC it's all about your coach and school. When your school is doing good it's a down year and blah blah blah. FAMU has done it's thing this year. It's their time to shine. It is what it is

I’m a jsu alum but Hell nawl TC does not deserve it this year. It’s Willie Simmons this year. Tc did well on some things but we beat only bad teams and some teams we almost allowed them to edge back. Maybe next year for TC but definitely not this year.

Y'all folks kill me. When your school is the best in the SWAC it's all about your coach and school. When your school is doing good it's a down year and blah blah blah. FAMU has done it's thing this year. It's their time to shine. It is what it is
I agree

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Doesn’t SWAC automatically give the award to SWAC champion?

Even if that is no longer the case, no one can objectively pick TC over Simmons in 2023.

Nice try though 😂

Last edited:
The coaches and SIDs still vote on it, so it’s not automatic…it seems that everybody generally rolls with the championship winning coach, unless a coach did an exceptional turnaround job or shocked a lot of people.

This sounds like sentimental/emotional instead of looking at the stats. Willie Simmons has earned the right. Maybe TC could be pre-season Coach of the Year for next season. Hats off to TC who had a lot of pressure on him to produce a winner after Coach Prime left.

If TC goes 8-3, it should definitely go to T.C.
It wont tho because no one would go against the norm for a JSU coach. BUT winning the championship should not be the only metric. I would love to see Willie bring in a whole new staff and 60 new players and still go 8-3.

Maybe but folks act like the cupboard was as bare as a hurricane wal-mart - he lost the impact players but they had depth and he recruited alot of players cause the program infrastructure was in place where there never should be a major drop off at JSU unless someone manipulates the strings

and it helps the SWAC West is down this year so he had some luck fall his way also

It was bare enough. TC just brought in some good impact players. We had no returning offensive starters from last year. Rico Powers was like a 6th option. The RB room had JD and one or two hold overs but TC bringing in Irv made all the difference. Defensively, we had to replace almost a whole secondary and LB corp. Yall need to stop playing with TC. Going forward, I cant see another coach in this conference being on his level.

If TC goes 8-3, it should definitely go to T.C.
It wont tho because no one would go against the norm for a JSU coach. BUT winning the championship should not be the only metric. I would love to see Willie bring in a whole new staff and 60 new players and still go 8-3.
Stop dat shit!!!! YOU STOP DAT SHIT RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Don't you dare say that!!! 😡😡😡😡😡🐐

Back