SWAC womens tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrat's JAG's

Damm, Damm, DAMM
:splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat:
1 lousy point.:redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I ain't even gonna lie I might have to make it to that old dead @ss town next year.

Great win ladies:flamethro

Originally posted by jstate83
congrat's JAG's

Damm, Damm, DAMM
:splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat:
1 lousy point.:redhot: :redhot:

Thanks Frat. But that's how I felt after our men lost to Bama State by 1 lousy point.:redhot: :mad:

Originally posted by Killer Bees

Wondering what is so lively about Baton Rouge.

not a damn thing.... Funny thing is Bham is 10 times more crunk than ANY SWAC city besides Houston.

Originally posted by DAHILL
not a damn thing.... Funny thing is Bham is 10 times more crunk than ANY SWAC city besides Houston.

I wouldn't go that far. Even my boys who are from B-ham will tell you that it aint no better than say a Jackson or Baton Rouge. It was on its way but seemed to have regressed over the years. Never could benefit from the Atlanta effect by being so close. Charlotte, NC has taken that spot and stepped up. And even Charlotte still needs work on its nightlife, but is way ahead of B-ham. I am not here bashing B-ham, but it is just a bigger version of Jackson and Baton Rouge. Like BD said yall get so sensitive. I know my hometown(Jackson) aint no party place and my alma mater does sit in party central....well college wise it does. But as a city BR is not a happening spot compared to the Houston's and Atlanta's. But B-ham was supposed to be the next coming a decade ago. Hell I think Memphis done passed them by. Especially since getting a NBA franchise. Just my 2 cents.

JR,

I can understand, and agree with, the comparison to Memphis and Charlotte, but Baton Rouge? Jackson? :smh:

Those cities aren't even in the same class as Birmingham. Jackson appears to be coming up, but Montgomery has more going on than Baton Rouge. Yeah, BR has casions, and that's all well and good but that's about it.

Anyway, I don't want to be too "sensitive" :rolleyes: , so I'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by JR
Charlotte, NC has taken that spot and stepped up. And even Charlotte still needs work on its nightlife, but is way ahead of B-ham. Hell I think Memphis done passed them by. Especially since getting a NBA franchise. Just my 2 cents.

...Gotta agree with you there, JR, especially after seeing Charlotte first hand when the Conclave was there in 2002. We had our District meeting in Memphis earlier that year and again I will agree. Make that 4 cents!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
.... Funny thing is Bham is 10 times more crunk than ANY SWAC city besides Houston.
"ANY SWAC city"

I wonder how Charlotte and Memphis got in the mix.....

carry on

and the halftime score is

Gram 38
Valley 22
(but that game should be over already)

Originally posted by JR
I wouldn't go that far. Even my boys who are from B-ham will tell you that it aint no better than say a Jackson or Baton Rouge.

PLEASEEEEE..... you have some lame friends then.... Jackson and Baton Rouge???? LMAOOOOO

Originally posted by mighty hornet
"ANY SWAC city"

I wonder how Charlotte and Memphis got in the mix.....

carry on

and the halftime score is

Gram 38
Valley 22
(but that game should be over already)

I pointed that out that saying that B-ham was supposed to be the next rising star in the South and it did not happen. The night life in B-ham aint 10 times better than Jackson and Baton Rouge. Hell is there even a club in B-ham better than Jackson's Freelon's? Just asking. I am not trying to bash. But B-ham just aint 10 times better. Economically it may be just slightly better. Then that's up for debate.

Re: Final

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Mississippi Valley 76
Grambling 75

Gram had a 20+ point lead at one time. Valley came out in the 2nd half raining 3s.

PLEASEEEEE..... you have some lame friends then.... Jackson and Baton Rouge???? LMAOOOOO

They aint lame. Just smart enough to leave Birmingham when they got the chance. No different than I did when I left Jackson and then BR after college. Hell I was just talking with them at the SCG and they were disappointed at how their hometown had not done isht. Do you really think folks around the US think B-ham is any better than Jackson and Baton Rouge? They are all in the same boat. To me it is the kettle calling the pot black. I've been to B-ham enough to know it aint no thriving metro. I rather be in cold arse Minneapolis than there. At least they have more to do. And its more white people here than B-ham. Again just my 2 cents. You don't have to agree.

Originally posted by JR
I pointed that out that saying that B-ham was supposed to be the next rising star in the South and it did not happen. The night life in B-ham aint 10 times better than Jackson and Baton Rouge. Hell is there even a club in B-ham better than Jackson's Freelon's? Just asking. I am not trying to bash. But B-ham just aint 10 times better. Economically it may be just slightly better. Then that's up for debate.

You are talking nonsense lol.... Huntsville's club scene is better than Jacksons for Blacks. The main college club in Jackson is SOUPS. It is HORRIBLE... a whole in the wall club. Birmingham has more clubs on 1st Ave (for Blacks) than Jackson has in the whole city for Blacks. Why do you think there are so many "housepartie" in Jackson.... and BTW Platinum of Birmingham is better than Freelons.

PLATINUM OF BIRMINGHAM

Now I dont know what you consider "nothing to do" so it is really mute for me to go back and forth with you. But Birmingham has 3 times more malls than Jackson does. Hell Hoover's night life is better than Jackson's.

Originally posted by JR
. Do you really think folks around the US think B-ham is any better than Jackson and Baton Rouge? They are all in the same boat.

All three are in the same category. But you know haw sensative THEY is. They think their masta's house is bigger than everyone elses so they mo impotant. The only thing that distinguishes them from the other two is that they had a USFL football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back