SWAC womens tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody is interested, at swac.org, they are posting updated stats and game stories

I almost had a heart attack, y'all!!!

MISSISSIPPI VALLEY JUST BEAT ALABAMA STATE 57-52!!!

anybody that didn't come to the tournament, yall missed some good ball today

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JSU'99

What happened?

DAM!

ASU had a 13 point lead at halftime and let Valley score 40 in the 2nd half, they only had 17 in the 1st half.

DAM, DAM, DAM......:eek: :eek: :eek:

SWAC B-Ball Tourney -- The First Day

I've been home about an hour and I want to share with you all my thoughts about the SWAC basketball tournament. This is my first SWAC basketball tourney and I had a ball. So many of you have been so critical of the city of Birmingham that you are really missing a really fun event.

First tonight was High School night -- this means the kids from the inner city schools were admitted to the tourney free. Once inside that were able to go to each of the SWAC's schools recruiting table to acquire information about the schools and their admitting procedures. Very good idea to expose our kids to the SWAC & HBCU's.

Entertainment - during halftime of the evening games the drumlines of Jackson Olin & (I believe) Ensley High Schools put on a show. The way the young girls were screaming, I wanted to go out there and try to be 17 again. They also had a dance troupe doing their thing also. Guys I will post the pics of the Cheerleaders that were there.

Last the games -- they were great.
Grambling & Alcorn -- double overtime -- enough said
Southern & A&AM -- Southern had the lead from start to finish but in the last two minutes A&AM scored 8 points in 30 seconds to cut the lead from 14 to 6 points.
Jackson State & Texas Southern - Jackson won with a two pointer with 1.1 seconds left. Texas Southern missed the shot by inches as time ran out.
Mississippi Valley & Alabama State -- I left the game early because I felt there was no way that Valley could win. Valley was getting only one shot, State was totally dominating the boards.
I'm still shocked that Valley won. State was hitting threes at will.

I can't wait til tomorrow. :p :D :eek:

go Valley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let's keep it up girls

fellas the women have already set the tempo

MVSU in full effect in Birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: SWAC B-Ball Tourney -- The First Day

Originally posted by sharpy
I've been home about an hour and I want to share with you all my thoughts about the SWAC basketball tournament. This is my first SWAC basketball tourney and I had a ball. So many of you have been so critical of the city of Birmingham that you are really missing a really fun event.

First tonight was High School night -- this means the kids from the inner city schools were admitted to the tourney free. Once inside that were able to go to each of the SWAC's schools recruiting table to acquire information about the schools and their admitting procedures. Very good idea to expose our kids to the SWAC & HBCU's.

Entertainment - during halftime of the evening games the drumlines of Jackson Olin & (I believe) Ensley High Schools put on a show. The way the young girls were screaming, I wanted to go out there and try to be 17 again. They also had a dance troupe doing their thing also. Guys I will post the pics of the Cheerleaders that were there.

Last the games -- they were great.
Grambling & Alcorn -- double overtime -- enough said
Southern & A&AM -- Southern had the lead from start to finish but in the last two minutes A&AM scored 8 points in 30 seconds to cut the lead from 14 to 6 points.
Jackson State & Texas Southern - Jackson won with a two pointer with 1.1 seconds left. Texas Southern missed the shot by inches as time ran out.
Mississippi Valley & Alabama State -- I left the game early because I felt there was no way that Valley could win. Valley was getting only one shot, State was totally dominating the boards.
I'm still shocked that Valley won. State was hitting threes at will.

I can't wait til tomorrow. :p :D :eek:

Great lookin out sharpy, coming from you I may have to go to dat dead @ss city and see wassup.:emlaugh: :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Yeah. Valley played inspired ball. I was about to leave when valley kept hanging around. They denied the entry pass to Kitt. The majority of the time they tried to pass it in it was deflected. #14 for ASU was hitting the 3's but got away from it in the 2nd half. Freda was pissed. Oh well.

Originally posted by Devilsh1
Way to go Mississippi Valley Devilettes and Delta Devils!!!
Lets Go VAlley State! GO V-STATE

Didn't we tell you about popping up in here after the fact?:emlaugh:

I have to come whaen I can get a chance. I have to post at work
But still I LOve My Valley. Thats why I Bleed Green and White. I was listening on the radio last night and was excited

:lol: MH, Duece, and others. I guess that CO-Championship that you all won didnt impress those Valley girls too much, huh?

:lol:

Semi-Final Games

48 - Southern U
47 - Jackson St

Final

Miss Valley St
Grambling

12:30 CT

the swac's website was showing the Gram/Valley game was first, but yahoo is showing

SU 48
JSU 47

:confused: :confused:

thanks Fiyah,
we must have been posting at same time

Originally posted by mighty hornet
the swac's website was showing the Gram/Valley game was first, but yahoo is showing

:confused: :confused:

thanks Fiyah,
we must have been posting at same time

I was posting updates on the scoreboard on the front page and decided to put the finals here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back