SWAC Baseball Tourney 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Interesting tidbit Greg Tucker is the homeplate ump. The same plate umpire that had these two teams in Jackson.

I got to know Greg Tucker off the field and he's a good dude. He was a minor league umpire prior to getting involved with the SWAC and I believe he got up to AA...

I will not be able to make the tourney. My daughters college scheduled graduation the same week as the SWAC baseball tourney.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SHREVEPORT – If Wednesday’s first round SWAC Tournament game against Mississippi Valley State was any indication, Grambling hasn’t swayed too far from the formula that propelled it to a championship one year ago.

Starting pitcher Richie Bautista threw a complete-game shutout, the Tigers’ defense was nearly flawless, and the defending champs beat MVSU 4-0 at Fair Grounds Field.

The second-seeded Tigers will face the winner of Wednesday’s Alcorn State-Texas Southern game at 3 p.m. Thursday.

“Anytime you can open up a series – and we’re looking at the tournament like a series – and you only use one pitcher in that first game, that solidifies the bullpen for the next couple of games and the next couple of days,” GSU coach James Cooper said.

Source: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20110518/NEWS01/110518011

Ha I see you got jokes this morning friend...won't be happy until I cut you huh...lol!

So violent! First I didn't get my drink. Second, I let you take pictures of your txcheat alums with my camera. Third, you wouldn't answer your phone in Garland after the asu beatdown. :licky: Now you want to cut me. If that's a tx friend, count me out. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back