SWAC Baseball Tourney 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSU will make it to the championship game. I'm out of town until Friday night but plan to be in Shreveport on Sunday to watch us in the championsip game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It would be wise to throw your #1 starter in the first game. Not just to matchup #1 vs #1 but you can bring him back on three days rest for the Championship game on Sunday. It should be a very competitive tournament this year.

BUT what if the #1 pitcher is all some teams have? They won't make it to Sunday.

UAPB knocked off JSU last year, Bama state beat TSU.....there are no upsets in round as your seeing the best of every team 9 times out of 10

the gap begins to occur in games 3 or so..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSU 0
MVSU 0

Bottom 4th

GSU just had bases loaded

Going to top 5th. This game is going to be over by 11.

GSU 0
MVSU 0

Bottom 4th

GSU just had bases loaded

Going to top 5th. This game is going to be over by 11.

I don't think so, it's been a pitching dual with Valley having 3 hits and Gram having 1. Still no score, top of the 7th.

BUT what if the #1 pitcher is all some teams have? They won't make it to Sunday.

Of course that strategy doesn't apply to an 0-2 BBQ team. I was referring to teams that have 3 starters that can keep them in games. Unless you goto the loser's bracket you may not need your midweek guy to throw. So, that leaves him for relief or to start game 4. You still have their #1 to either start or close the Championship. In the SWAC your #1 guy on three days rest is better than your 4th or 5th guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back